Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brothers: Would you pay off your wife's student loan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brothers: Would you pay off your wife's student loan?

hells no
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

You are a team you are suppose to be help each other in good

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
        True, but I wouldn't make it a binding part of the marriage contract. Her debt is hers before marriage.
        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
          True, but I wouldn't make it a binding part of the marriage contract. Her debt is hers before marriage.
          I agree wouldn't bind myself to it hell no

Comment

What is the point going to university exposing yourself to fitnah... getting a hefty debt... and then you just become a housewife. It's absolutely ridiculous.
            ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
              Not all. We get student loan without riba over here , Alhamdulillah :)
              The only time we have to pay riba is IF we leave the country without paying the loan off first.
              In the UK they do after 3 years or something like that, they start adding interest. And most people can't pay within 3 years and yet still take a loan out.
              ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
                What is the point going to university exposing yourself to fitnah... getting a hefty debt... and then you just become a housewife. It's absolutely ridiculous.
                When you are young you have Ambitions , expectations , but they keep changing everyday due to personal circumstances.

One day you want to become a pilot but you end up a housewife.Such is life.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

I agree completely. If you want to be a housewife, don't expose yourself of a huge expensive education.

Most sisters believe that exposing yourself to a better education allows you to find a better suitor. While I agree that could be true. What's the point of going to a university if at the end of the day, you're going to be a housewife. Find a man who wants a housewife to begin without exposing yourself to all that financial stress?

Secondly, I think it's a bit unfair to point all that loans on the brother. Poor brother is probably just stepping onto a career of his own and wants to buy a house or pay back loans of his own. Money's tight when you have your own loans to pay back to begin with.

Comment

I agree in some respects and i disagree in others. Muslim woman have few options out there to get educated. So what do we support ? A increasingly educated practising muslim woman demographic or uneducated mothers who feed our children but can't educate their own children.

There is not going to be a mass exodus from the West. Muslims have no private universities. This can't be solved by staying at home and being a housewife. This a community problem staying home and being a housewife solves a personal problem not a community level one

Comment

I agree in some respects and i disagree in others. Muslim woman have few options out there to get educated. So what do we support ? A increasingly educated practising muslim woman demographic or uneducated mothers who feed our children but can't educate their own children.

There is not going to be a mass exodus from the West. Muslims have no private universities. This can't be solved by staying at home and being a housewife. This a community problem staying home and being a housewife solves a personal problem not a community level one
                      If a mother herself is high school educated herself, she can help with a childs homework up until high school, right? I'm all for education, however, if a family requires you to take a loan out to pay for it, you should be expected to help pay it back yourself, and not rely on someone else for that loan. Otherwise, if a family can afford to pay for it, by all means, education is the answer.

Comment

I don't see how a woman choosing not to get a university degree will be poor at educating her children.

I have been to university myself and the knowledge you gain is not the level you will be teaching your children. Its too advanced.

If you want a wife that has the knowledge to teach the children the secular subjects then make sure she has decent GCSEs. Having a degree is irrelevant for this task.

Comment

A Sister who hasn't gone to university is not uneducated. They don't need a bit of paper to tell them they are intelligent. I didn't go to university and I dropped out of college when I was doing my a levels... why would I want to expose myself to that sort of environment. I'm not uneducated in the slightest. Islamic education is more important than secular education. For every single aspect of our lives Islam has the answer. That fact I didn't go to university means that I won't be able to educate my children? No.

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                            I don't see how a woman choosing not to get a university degree will be poor at educating her children.

I have been to university myself and the knowledge you gain is not the level you will be teaching your children. Its too advanced.

If you want a wife that has the knowledge to teach the children the secular subjects then make sure she has decent GCSEs. Having a degree is irrelevant for this task.
                            Precisely my point. :jkk:

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post

I agree completely. Teaching basic skills doesn't require a university education.

But to the sister above me, why would you want anyone exposed to what goes on at a university these days, sister or brother. Have you seen what girls these days wear? And the childish parties and behavior etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
                                I agree completely. Teaching basic skills doesn't require a university education.

But to the sister above me, why would you want anyone exposed to what goes on at a university these days, sister or brother. Have you seen what girls these days wear? And the childish parties and behavior etc etc.
                                That what I was saying brother... When I reverted I dropped out because I didn't want to be exposed to that environment and be led astray.

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Working...
                                X