Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brothers: Would you pay off your wife's student loan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brothers: Would you pay off your wife's student loan?

Originally posted by birdmanrots View Post
    no i wouldn't , unless............
    she's willing to cook you eggs in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by birdmanrots View Post
      no i wouldn't , unless............
      She starts lifting?
      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
        She starts lifting?
        nope

Comment

depends on how much it is. anything more than 10k then hell no. except of course her mihr is like 2k.

Comment

Originally posted by Poster View Post
            she's willing to cook you eggs in the morning?
            correct,also depends on amount and if she performs her other wifely duties and chores to my satisfaction

Comment

AsSalaamu Alaikum

Generally, a debt is a debt and In Shaa Allah i would aid anyone who is under my guardianship with their debt. May Allah make it easy and be pleased with us.

However, I would have serious questions for the potential interms of her thoughts on riba and motivations for taking this avenue of finance.

The weight of Allah's words are heavy and we affirm that He alone is our provider.

Comment

Originally posted by LA3 View Post
                AsSalaamu Alaikum

Generally, a debt is a debt and In Shaa Allah i would aid anyone who is under my guardianship with their debt. May Allah make it easy and be pleased with us.

However, I would have serious questions for the potential interms of her thoughts on riba and motivations for taking this avenue of finance.

The weight of Allah's words are heavy and we affirm that He alone is our provider.
                Good answer.
                Believe
                there is
                good in the world

Comment

Yes I would InshaAllah.

After marriage, the wife doesn't need to worry about finances.

May Allah swt grant us rizq in abundance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                    Yes I would InshaAllah.

After marriage, the wife doesn't need to worry about finances.

May Allah swt grant us rizq in abundance.
                    Do you know of the ruling on a husband paying off his wife's riba based loan? Is that permissible?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                      Do you know of the ruling on a husband paying off his wife's riba based loan? Is that permissible?
                      This is a ruling which has been discussed by the scholars in UK and many of them agreed that you can take it out whether it qualifys as ribaa' or not, I don't want to go into detail on this mas'alaha otherwise people will just jump the ribaa' gun. I personally do not believe many of the people here are not mature enough to discuss khilaafaat especially rulings in the west.

:brf:

Comment

Riba or no riba - a debt is a debt and not something to be taken lightly. Don't see why a husband should inherit a debt that isn't his especially if he, himself, avoided going into debt.

My greatest fear is dying whilst I owe a debt to someone. I don't see why anyone should put that kind of pressure on their spouse.
                        And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                        http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                          This is a ruling which has been discussed by the scholars in UK and many of them agreed that you can take it out whether it qualifys as ribaa' or not, I don't want to go into detail on this mas'alaha otherwise people will just jump the ribaa' gun. I personally do not believe many of the people here are not mature enough to discuss khilaafaat especially rulings in the west.

:brf:
                          yes bro that was what i was goign to say so its something for people to individually research i guess but certain things have been clearly stated by scholars in Uk, so in that case if she doesnt work then she wont need to pay! hay ! or am i wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by asmaULhusna View Post
                            yes bro that was what i was goign to say so its something for people to individually research i guess but certain things have been clearly stated by scholars in Uk, so in that case if she doesnt work then she wont need to pay! hay ! or am i wrong?
                            You're right akhi MashaAllah. I wouldn't make my eife work anyway unless she really wants to.

The problem is young brothers when they hear student loan, they think "ribaa!" which is admirable (may Allah bless them) but we need to look at what scholars have said regarding this issue especially in the west. They've made a ruling with an agreement of scholars all over the UK through thorough research and discussion taking into account all the factors and circumstances then finly came with a verdict. They do not pass on rulings for the sake of appeasing the muslims or due to their desires, they're actually very sincere and are trying to help the muims in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                              You're right akhi MashaAllah. I wouldn't make my eife work anyway unless she really wants to.

The problem is young brothers when they hear student loan, they think "ribaa!" which is admirable (may Allah bless them) but we need to look at what scholars have said regarding this issue especially in the west. They've made a ruling with an agreement of scholars all over the UK through thorough research and discussion taking into account all the factors and circumstances then finly came with a verdict. They do not pass on rulings for the sake of appeasing the muslims or due to their desires, they're actually very sincere and are trying to help the muims in the UK.
                              Excuse me brother but i disagree

O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.
                              Qur'an 49:12

In my opinion he should immediately assume the best, islamic loan for example or make up an excuse for her.
                              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                                Excuse me brother but i disagree

O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.
                                Qur'an 49:12

In my opinion he should immediately assume the best, islamic loan for example or make up an excuse for her.
                                :jkk:I completely agree with you that ribaa' is from the major sins and it has a huge gravity in the sight of Allah swt but like I said I was expecting people to come up with verses and ahadeeth condeming ribaa which is a great sing because the adherence you have for the deen.

However, with the situation of the westwest, the muslims have been pushed on to the wall already and they need to educate themselves in order to keep the deen within the society in the UK. Also because education is a basic right for all the citizens of the UK and the government is imposing the loan on the students therefore they won't be accountable for the ribaa'. The scholars have put this ruling in the necessities department of fataawa.

I'm not saying just take the loan without trying any other means first, exhaust all other means then the resort is the loan. (From credible scholars, not me)

Comment

Working...
                                X