Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brothers: Would you pay off your wife's student loan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brothers: Would you pay off your wife's student loan?

Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
    Yeah, I don't want to go on about inequality, but it's just a bit odd to say it's wrong for sisters and okay for brothers? There's no easy way to put it, but this is modern day and a lot of things are mixed so you can't expect to go home and hide yourself from these sort of things. I mean, many of us are living in a "white man's world" (sorry for saying) but we can't expect everything to go our ways. You should go out and fulfill your deen and try your best to ignore the haraam whether brother or sister.
    And in addition to what you said, you just have to look at your college/fitna thread and the amount of brothers that have replied on that thread, that shows that, logically it makes no sense islamically for it to be ok for men to attend uni and not women,
    https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
      And in addition to what you said, you just have to look at your college/fitna thread and the amount of brothers that have replied on that thread, that shows that, logically it makes no sense islamically for it to be ok for men to attend uni and not women,
      I don't want to go too in depth but seriously? What kind of person wouldn't want someone to go to college just because of fitna? there's fitna everywhere. the obvious solution is to get married young, and try to work it out while studying. It'll be one more reason to persuade you not to go to those kind of "parties" and to actually look down when seeing the opposite gender because you have someone of your own to look up to. But to answer this question to the OP on this thread. Yes I would help her go to college, and if we were married while we were both in college, things will be rough financially, but if we got married for all the right reasons maybe Allah (swt) will bestow some mercy and cut us a break from time to time. But why wouldn't you want your wife to be educated?

Comment

Like I said before if they are riba based loans people shouldn't be taking them out in the first place. SubhanAllah
        And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
          Personally I don't really agree with women/sisters going to mixed universities, but that's another issue!

Allahu A'lam
          why? explain your take.
          :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
            Like I said before if they are riba based loans people shouldn't be taking them out in the first place. SubhanAllah
            Pay it off asap, ask for forgiveness.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
              I am told that apparently some brothers and sisters are ok with it because it's only for 25/35 years ...

Nauzubillah

Rasulullah :saw: said "Riba has seventy-three doors. The least one (in sin) is as that of a man who sleeps with his mother. And worst form of Riba is harming the honor of a Muslim man."

(Al-Hakim, graded Sahih)

How does a Muslim sleep knowing this?

Nauzubillah min zaliq

:jkk:
              Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 08-12-13, 02:16 PM.
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Of course I would help, my money is hers and we are married for the good and the worst!
                Ilaha Il Allah
                Lam yalid wa la yoolad

Good day or bad day say Alhamdulillah

Comment

Has anyone checked this with a scholar/imaam?

Doesn't make any sense to me.

1. If the loan doesn't have to be paid off - Where is the sin in not paying it?

2. If you don't pay it, you're not paying actual interest - If you're not [paying] interest, you're not sinning right?

3. If you don't pay it, just a number is increasing on a computer somewhere - That is not [paying interest], but is just a number increasing as no [paying] is being done.

4. If you do pay it, you're paying interest by choice, as you're not being forced to pay the interest - Isn't that a sin? i.e to voluntarily pay interest without being forced to pay it?

So if your wife doesn't work, isn't it a sin to pay interest by "choice"? As you don't have to pay off the loan. If your wife doesn't work, and you want to pay off the loan, are you not paying interest by choice for a loan that doesn't need to be paid off?

I'm no scholar, but it doesn't make sense to me to pay interest by choice for a loan you do not need to repay. However, I think this topic needs to be clarified by a scholar as my logic could be wrong, even though it seems accurate to me, I have no problem accepting that I am wrong as soon as I see the proof from at least a reputable scholar who proves his view from quran/sunnah.
                  Last edited by oshirowanen; 29-12-13, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                    why? explain your take.
                    This is what the scholars over at islamqa.com think: http://islamqa.info/en/128996

But this isn't just for sisters, it's for brothers too it seems.

Comment

Made this thread almost 3 years ago. Wonder what all the newer members think on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                        Not all. We get student loan without riba over here , Alhamdulillah :)
                        The only time we have to pay riba is IF we leave the country without paying the loan off first.
                        Where is over here?

In uk they charge interest based on inflation, student loans company and loan statements explicitly show Riba/interest

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                          Made this thread almost 3 years ago. Wonder what all the newer members think on this matter.
                          yeah I know, lol, I thought of trying too :)

جزاك الله خيرا

Comment

And bring the wrath of Allah down upon us? Nope. No thanks. Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
                              It matters to some men.

One of my closest friends is a doctor (got married just after qualifying). Her husband is a lawyer. She's now a stay at home mom. Her husband paid her entire loan off last year in one lump sum. After just one year of marriage.

Alh not all men are the same.
                              What a stupid way of wasting her talent. She is a qualified doctor and she is sitting at home. This is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
                                What a stupid way of wasting her talent. She is a qualified doctor and she is sitting at home. This is ridiculous.
                                If u didn't read properly it says she is a stay at home mum.
                                Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Working...
                                X