Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think you will be most influenced by when choosing who to marry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think you will be most influenced by when choosing who to marry?

So, we know the Hadith where:
    "Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A woman may be married for four reasons: for her property, her status, her beauty and her religion, so try to get one who is religious, may your hand be besmeared with dust. "
    Assuming this Hadith applies to both men and women, what do you think will most influence your decision to marry/ not marry someone?

money, fame/status, beauty or piety?

Be honest with yourselves guys because what we would like to choose may not always be what we would choose in reality. I want you to vote for what you would choose in reality.
    Money
    5.88%
    Fame/status
    2.94%
    Beauty
    19.12%
    Piety
    72.06%
    :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Re: What do you think you will be most influenced by when choosing who to marry?

All of the above? :scratch:
    And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Re: What do you think you will be most influenced by when choosing who to marry?

Originally posted by Strive View Post
      All of the above? :scratch:
      Only one option allowed bruv, like which one would you give more weight to?

Comment

In order of most concern to least concern: attractiveness, piety, money, status.
        Last edited by SouthernGirl; 03-09-13, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
          Only one option allowed bruv, like which one would you give more weight to?
          Piety i hope :)

Comment

Money!!

Oh dear what a bad person that makes me.
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Piety i hope :)
              I hope too, but if I'm 100% honest with myself I'd go for beauty :embar:

Comment

I hope too, but if I'm 100% honest with myself I'd go for beauty :embar:
                piety and beauty :up: it's possible lol

Comment

Should be a multiple choice poll, since there are degrees. Some people can marry anyone thinking only of piety, others need a degree of beauty with it, even though if they are faced with someone far greater than their expectations in beauty, they would not accept if they didn't agree on the deen aspect.
                  والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

piety and beauty :up: it's possible lol
                    Two guys, completely perfect for you except one is way better looking than the other and the other is way more pious. Who would you choose?

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                      Money!!

Oh dear what a bad person that makes me.
                      LOL not at all. I think money/strong work ethic would be most important for sisters who want to have large families.

Comment

It's difficult to put them all into separate boxes and pick one.

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                          Should be a multiple choice poll, since there are degrees. Some people can marry anyone thinking only of piety, others need a degree of beauty with it, even though if they are faced with someone far greater than their expectations in beauty, they would not accept if they didn't agree on the deen aspect.
                          Fine I concede, you can edit the poll.

I thought everyone saw things in black and white like me, obviously not lol

Comment

Two guys, completely perfect for you except one is way better looking than the other and the other is way more pious. Who would you choose?
                            :scratch: the better looking one probably :/

You?

Comment

Oops, doesn't look like there's an option for that >__>

Oh well, guess I'll just vote for highest priority.
                              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Working...
                              X