X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with women and polygyny?

http://organicmuslimah.blogspot.se/2...rue-story.html

Basically, some comments are truly disgusting:

"It is cheating when it is done so dishonestly without your consent! I feel for you dear sister. Sending you love, hugs and peace."

"Really saddened by your story.

Polygamy is cheating, especially in your situation as there was no consent. It actually went on for 6 months, if not more, behind your back.

It seems that your husband has done irreversible damage to your relationship. Children can always sense problems between their parents. Be the strong woman you are and make a decision for yourself. Your children will be damaged more by watching the damaged marriage of their parents.

And don't let anyone give you an Islamic justification for this. The context is never understood and the bottom line is, it isn't easing your pain.

Lots of duas for you."

I don't get this, Polygyny is a sunnah, our Prophet practiced it and many of his companions did it too, why is it so hard for women to accept it?

Please explain, because where I come from, polygyny is common and monogamy is common, and usually, co wives over there become friends, they don't go crazy if a man marries a second, third or the fourth time, it's normal and nobody cares. I've been raised with relatives in my family who have second wives, so maybe it's harder for me to understand why it's such a big problem?

Can someone please clarify this for me?

(I will probably get no replies but it's worth a shot)

"And if whatever trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise." - Qur'an (31:27)

Re: What's up with women and polygyny?

They not keen on sharing.
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
    That's right, a nude dog.
    The Deepweb is disgusting.
    - Unknown -

Links
    The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
    Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Maybe where you come from it's normal. But I think for sisters from the west especially, it will be really hard to accept because that's not the norm here and it's not what is expected.

Men, just marry one. Otherwise, you're probably going to have a very unhappy polygamous marriage. Just saying.

Comment

It's not the norm, people don't want to do it and they have every right not to. I certainly wouldn't want any parts of that.

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
          Maybe where you come from it's normal. But I think for sisters from the west especially, it will be really hard to accept because that's not the norm here and it's not what is expected.

Men, just marry one. Otherwise, you're probably going to have a very unhappy polygamous marriage. Just saying.
          So it's because they are not used to it? Okay, but do they give it a try if their husbands do come up to them and say that they want to re marry or already have married another women? I don't live in the west so I don't know what's its like there.

"And if whatever trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise." - Qur'an (31:27)

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty8909 View Post
            It's not the norm, people don't want to do it and they have every right not to. I certainly wouldn't want any parts of that.
            Okay, thanks for sharing your thoughts, although I have a difficult time understanding them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
              They not keen on sharing.
              Even if they know how much reward they can get out of it if its practiced properly?

Comment

Originally posted by *Alhamdulillah* View Post
                So it's because they are not used to it? Okay, but do they give it a try if their husbands do come up to them and say that they want to re marry or already have married another women? I don't live in the west so I don't know what's its like there.
                In the west... Would he not be just... Idk someone correct me but when you marry someone they will be considered as your legal partner and you get legal rights whereas second wife will not...

Unless there is another way around it?
                Bye...

Comment

It's illegal here as well and you may face prison time. Plus guys in the west don't really think about polygamy like the ones in the Middle East do, because they know they will be judged harshly for it. I believe if you want to do it..then do it. But if you don't that should be ok too.

Comment

Personally, I don't know anyone who's been in this situation. But polygamy is not the norm here at all. It would be as if he brought home an ugly looking sofa, except 10 times worse.
                    Where do you live?

Comment

lol i aint sharing my husband and inshallah he will have no plans for a second either(that is when Allah blesses me with one) and in my family its very rare a few cases happened and the first wife left him.Moral of the story all this should be discussed before marriage then there wont be any problems later

Comment

Originally posted by starlight89 View Post
                        lol i aint sharing my husband and inshallah he will have no plans for a second either(that is when Allah blesses me with one) and in my family its very rare a few cases happened and the first wife left him.Moral of the story all this should be discussed before marriage then there wont be any problems later
                        May Allah bless you with a pious husband! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I do agree with that it should be discussed before marriage, but if a husband wants to re marry then the wife, if she knows he will be just, she try it out, but that's my view and others a free to have theirs.

Comment

western educated women are very

Comment

Hence why we have men that marry 2nd wives in secret.
                            There is rest only in the aakhira.
                            Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                            and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                            then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                            That's right, a nude dog.
                            The Deepweb is disgusting.
                            - Unknown -

Links
                            The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                            Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty8909 View Post
                              It's illegal here as well and you may face prison time. Plus guys in the west don't really think about polygamy like the ones in the Middle East do, because they know they will be judged harshly for it. I believe if you want to do it..then do it. But if you don't that should be ok too.
                              So It's very uncommon over there and the muslim men like to have a monogamous relationship, I guess the sisters who don't want to share their husbands are happy then lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X