Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To mummies : Give birth to your child after age 30, harmful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To mummies : Give birth to your child after age 30, harmful?

salaam. I'd like to ask mommies to share experience, or brothers and sisters too who have female relative in this matter, how is that like to give birth after age 30? Is it harmful? risky? how is the child development?
    considering that I will marry in age 25 and give birth to my first child in age around 26 to 27, I predict that giving birth to my second or third child in age 30's is inevitable. I'm clueless at this.

Please brothers and sisters. do share a light on this :)... :jkk:

P.S. my current age is 25...so unless u could turn back the clock plz no advice on how I should marry in younger age .
    Last edited by Ariadne; 02-07-13, 07:19 AM.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Re: To mummies : Give birth to your child after age 30, harmful?

In my experience, the majority of women in my age bracket, have either they've had their first kids in their very late twenties, or in their early thirties.

Two of my closest friends, have young kids (under 5), they had them both in their thirties.

My mothers first baby (me), was when she was around 21 and her last/fourth child was when she was around 38.

The eldest mother I know, is my aunty, she married in her 40's and she had both her kids in her 40's.

For majority of the people I know, their 'late' children, stemmed out of the fact that they got married later and/or they were unable to conceive straight away.

About 2-3 of them delayed motherhood, cos they wanted to pursue their career first.

However, in regards to the health of children. I don't know of any unhealthy mother or child.

I only know a small few who had their kids in their early twenties.

One thing I do feel that, with a number of the 'older mothers' I know, is that they relish motherhood and take great pride in their children. However, a few of the 'younger' mothers have a slight bitterness at being taken away from their careers or not enjoying their twenties cos they had kids too young. (However, this is only a small handful).

Please don't worry or plan too much! Children are very much out of your hands, it's possible to be a young 18year old, and yet struggle to conceive for 10plus years, or you can be in your 40's and have healthy children straight away.
    https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
      salaam. I'd like to ask mommies to share experience, or brothers and sisters too who have female relative in this matter, how is that like to give birth after age 30? Is it harmful? risky? how is the child development?
      considering that I will marry in age 25 and give birth to my first child in age around 26 to 27, I predict that giving birth to my second or third child in age 30's is inevitable. I'm clueless at this.

P.S. my current age is 25...so unless u could turn back the clock plz no advice on how I should marry in younger age .
      Many women have babies after 30 nowadays. It's common. There is only a small risk of Down syndrome for women after 35 . One of my co-workers is about to have her 5th child at 42. And a good friend of mine was 36 when she had her first son.
      Last edited by sis_niqabi; 02-07-13, 06:36 PM.
      Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
      (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Hahah I was kinds a confused.. I be like since when do mummafied women give birth?! Ahhhh pshttt

(Only cool people would understand me)

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post

Salaams,
          My first baby was born when I was 21. I felt being a younger mum helped me in that I thoroughly enjoyed playing with my baby. I did not feel too old for play--- lots of energy. But now, I still have lots of energy and I realise that it's all in the mind.
          So as long as you do not have your first child after 35 or before 16 (medical practioneers advise against this), it is ok to have at any age as long as you are healthy, fit and ready for the responsibilities that come with it. But as I say, this is just my thinking- Allah knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal
            My mothers first baby (me), was when she was around 21 and her last/fourth child was when she was around 38.

The eldest mother I know, is my aunty, she married in her 40's and she had both her kids in her 40's.
            Originally posted by sis_niqabi
            Many women have babies after 30 nowadays. It's common. There is only a small risk of Down syndrome for women after 35 . One of my from workers is about to have her 5 child at 42. And a good friend of mine was 36 when she had her first son.
            Wow that's quite an age range! Though I think give birth in age 20's to early 30's is safest for the mom's and baby's health. But to think about it, Khadijah (peace be upon her) gave birth to her children with Rasulullah (peace be upon him) in age 40's. Masha Allah such a blessed lady.

I hope I'm fertile enough to get pregnant quick, but not too quick. I wanna enjoy honeymoon first and finish the grad school lol ;).

Originally posted by muslimsister476
            My first baby was born when I was 21. I felt being a younger mum helped me in that I thoroughly enjoyed playing with my baby. I did not feel too old for play--- lots of energy. But now, I still have lots of energy and I realise that it's all in the mind.
            I salute you young mummies for having the courage to held such a responsibility in young age. Even now I still have my share of commitment-phobe, like a sorta belief that my freedom would end after marriage. Like marriage is all responsibility and much more sacrifice in the woman side. Especially if the first child is out, hmmmmmm.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

I think it's age 35 that one starts to be cautious about things such as birth defects and whatnot. But only Allah knows best and He is the knower of all things. My aunt got married at 30 and had all her kids after that and gave birth to 5 healthy children mA. I think that age 35 thing is a textbook kinda thing, meaning you could still have healthy children afterwards.

Allah knows best.
              Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Problem is sis, you can not plan these things. Often, those who are having babies in their forties, is not necessarily due to planning or choice. It may be cos it took them that long to get married or it may be cos it took them that long to conceive.

I know of women in their early twenties who struggled with infertlity and women who fell pregnant quickly in the 40's (there's a theory behind why some older women fall pregnant quickly and/or are more likely to have twins.
                https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

My mum had her 11th kid at 40 and she's perfectly fine..

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
                    Problem is sis, you can not plan these things. Often, those who are having babies in their forties, is not necessarily due to planning or choice. It may be cos it took them that long to get married or it may be cos it took them that long to conceive.

I know of women in their early twenties who struggled with infertlity and women who fell pregnant quickly in the 40's (there's a theory behind why some older women fall pregnant quickly and/or are more likely to have twins.
                    this is so true. a friend of mine had been struggling with infertility since she was 19 and she is now 31. then you have people in their late 40's who can get pregnant easily. it is all in allah's hands.
                    Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
                    (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

I had my child at 17 I don't think I felt any different up untill 5 months when the child moved.

I had a c-section on the wednesday and the following monday i was in town shopping.

Then there are old ladies whom are pregnant with all sorts of problems from week 1.

Babies come out healthy however the mothers are well knackered.

Comment

My wife was 31 an half when our youngest was born. MashaAllah healthy & intelligent girl she's turning out to be.

To the OP, take the usual precautions; good food, healthy lifestyle, minimal medication, exercise. I'm sure you'll do fine inshA.

Comment

honestly, it's all in the hands of Allah

a cousin of mine got married at 18 and 6 years later, still has not been able to conceive..then there's a friend who got married at the age of 32 and the following year had a healthy baby mashaAllah

me, i am 30 years old now and by the time i have my first i will be 31+ iA, for me and my husband age is but a number, all we pray and hope for is a healthy and pious child[ren] inn shaAllah

btw shouldn't this be in the parenting section?
                          sigpic

Comment

I am hear afta 38 is dangeros

Comment

Most of my friends have had their kids in late 20's & 2nd kid in 30s. Some had it easier 2nd time around while others felt the effect of age. But our body response is unique, especially in combination with a children's body. I have a cousin who is in her mid..late 30's. She has always had pregnancy issue. She had several miscarriage, one sick baby, & now the doctor told her the new baby yet to be abnormal (missing an organ). Yet her older sister almost 40 now, had all her kids after 30 (her youngest is 5 month old baby) had perfectly normal baby. So you never know

But from the mothers out there, I would like to know is there something a women can do before she gets pregnant or early stage to increase her chance of having healthy baby. I have seen too many people struggle with pregnancy & its so unpredictable & I really would like to avoid it if possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X