Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: £5,000 or £50,000? - Shaykh Hasan Ali

Originally posted by Al Siddiq;5788591[B
    ]If mahr is too high than its better not to marry that woman.[/B] Who knows how much she will ask for, once married.
    Right no more than £500

Comment

People complain soo freaking much! If a woman ask for $1 for mahr say alhamdulillah n merry her, if she asks for $1 million say alhamdulillah n pay up; if you can't afford it keep on moving. There is no point in saying " why she asking for this much?" " gold digger" bla bla. It is her right to ask for however much she likes and it is your right to agree, negotiate, or decline. Not complain like a spoiled brat. (Sorry if I sound harsh, I just don't like complainers. )

Comment

Was listening to this lecture yesterday, Shaykh Hasan Ali is amazing mashAllah, very insightful and knowledgable, aswell as humourous.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliyah101 View Post
          Ikr

Their reasoning is if he spent a lot on you he would think he spent his earnings from the last 5/10 years on this marriag so he has to make it work whereas if he didn 't spend much he still has the money so he can easily get married again.
          You know what they say about cheap/free items, they usually aren't very good :)

Comment

This mahr business is getting out of hand.

Eg. Last weekend I went to a relative's wedding. Both events (nikah & waleema) in the 2 most poshest hotels in Central London. The mahr he gave her? £100,000.

Mahr I gave to my wife = £100 plus some jewellery

Comment

I got 10 dinars, but I had nowhere to put it so I gave it back to my husband to keep in his pocket lol and I never saw it again. I think he spend it on petrol.

Oh I got a watch too. Really are people so greedy to ask for thousands of pounds? I didn't ask for anything, I don't want everything. I have money and enough material possessions. I was happy enough just to get a husband lol.

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                This mahr business is getting out of hand.

Eg. Last weekend I went to a relative's wedding. Both events (nikah & waleema) in the 2 most poshest hotels in Central London. The mahr he gave her? £100,000.

Mahr I gave to my wife = £100 plus some jewellery
                absolutely ridiculous, and mashallah bro nice Mahr.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainyday View Post
                  I got 10 dinars, but I had nowhere to put it so I gave it back to my husband to keep in his pocket lol and I never saw it again. I think he spend it on petrol.

Oh I got a watch too. Really are people so greedy to ask for thousands of pounds? I didn't ask for anything, I don't want everything. I have money and enough material possessions. I was happy enough just to get a husband lol.
                  Yes people are so greedy they ask as crazy amounts.

Comment

£500 mahr max for me

Comment

Working...
                    X