Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £5,000 or £50,000? - Shaykh Hasan Ali

My brother just showed me this :rotfl:

Seriously though, the Shaykh's speaking the truth, people need to get their niyyah right :insha:
    إن للمتقين مفازا

Re: £5,000 or £50,000? - Shaykh Hasan Ali

Our brothers from the sub continent hey!
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

I love the style of this sheikh!
      He gives really practical advice focused towards the disordered youth of today.
      And he is very enjoyable to listen to as well!

Also I'm so glad my family doesn't carry with any of this crazy cultural baggage!

Comment

In my opinion, a good amount for mahr is £25 upfront; then £30 a month after that.
        Sponsor an orphan together right from the start and inshaAllah your married life will be filled with barakah.
        Whether you ask for 5k, or 50k no amount can guarantee a successful marriage nor financial security - for that you need to put your trust in Allah taala.

Comment

This is what is stopping me from getting married

Comment

Originally posted by Basil_1 View Post
            you need to devise a strategy. like tell your family your marrying some random girl next month. hopefully they say "don't do it, We will pay for your wedding if you do things our way"
            Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

£5,000 or £50,000? - Shaykh Hasan Ali

Loooool!!
              إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by Basil_1 View Post
                Let me tell you a trick which this Shaykh said during one of his longer lectures on marriage.
                Basically what you do is you agree to whatever the bride of bride's family say and then after marriage, you ask your wife to lower the mahr, just say "look, I'm broke just take xyz" and if she agrees its all good in the hood...if she doesn't...u better cough up.
                إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

£5,000 or £50,000? - Shaykh Hasan Ali

:jkk: springs :p

:masha: may Allah reward the shaykh and his family in both this world and the akhirah ameen.

:sub: one of my favourite lecturers : )
                  ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                  U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by deen1984 View Post
                    you need to devise a strategy. like tell your family your marrying some random girl next month. hopefully they say "don't do it, We will pay for your wedding if you do things our way"
                    That is basically lying which is wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sprinkles View Post
                      Let me tell you a trick which this Shaykh said during one of his longer lectures on marriage.
                      Basically what you do is you agree to whatever the bride of bride's family say and then after marriage, you ask your wife to lower the mahr, just say "look, I'm broke just take xyz" and if she agrees its all good in the hood...if she doesn't...u better cough up.
                      That is way too risky and if I can't get her the money then I am basically screwed

Comment

Was the Sheikh joking or was he serious? That feels dishonest somehow, because he agreed to it.
                        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Shaykh quoted this from the Qur'an:
                          "So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation.Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise." 2:24
                          إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

Shaykh quoted this from the Qur'an:
                            "So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation.Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise." 2:24
                            Ah, okay....let's just hope it was the wife's family who wanted that big mahr. If it was her, then................
                            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Or to just say inshAllah...

Then when when you get to know the father and he gets to know you... when you explain your situation that you need the mahr to be reduced... he may realise your a good brother, and most likely he and the daughter will not mind for they will know that you got good character which is not often people come across... but be yourself! Don't go pretending! Everyone has some good qualities.
                              Bye...

Comment

Working...
                              X