Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to do a Nikah twice with the same person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it possible to do a Nikah twice with the same person?

This is basically about the male in this scenario's situation:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/98768/

It's up to him to decide. From what I've read, if he absolutely has to marry you he can do so without his parent's permission.

Other than that a marriage is something announced to the community, it should not be done in secret and you will not be happy that way. Moreover it opens you to potential exploitation, and while I'm not trying to sow the seeds of doubt in you about this person, there remains out there a plotting shaytaan who will try to destroy any potential marriage in any way possible.

Marriage is a life commitment, begin it in halal. Let him convince his parents, if they still object, then he might just have to do what he has to do, but either way, if you're getting married announce it to the community and a walimah at the local masjid sounds great.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Do you think it would still be a bad idea if the parents of the man want the couple to try being a "boyfriend/girlfriend" for a while?
      I mean to say, if the parents don't want the man to get married right now and want the couple to try being in a casual relationship for a while... should they still try and convince them even though they're being told they're crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by HmInh View Post
        Do you think it would still be a bad idea if the parents of the man want the couple to try being a "boyfriend/girlfriend" for a while?
        I mean to say, if the parents don't want the man to get married right now and want the couple to try being in a casual relationship for a while... should they still try and convince them even though they're being told they're crazy?
        I think there is a difference between the the parents just refusing to accept the idea of marriage to anyone, for no real valid reason and the parents not accepting a particular person. If the parents don't accept the girl, I don't think a man should marry her, even if there reason is not good. This is just part of respect to the parents and good family relations. If the parents just don't want him to marry just because they think he should be older, in this case the man should stand up to his parents and make it clear he doesn't want to fall into haram and that he will marry. It is his decision, not the parents. If he can't be strong now, why expect him to be strong latter.
        Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

Originally posted by inprogress View Post
          I think there is a difference between the the parents just refusing to accept the idea of marriage to anyone, for no real valid reason and the parents not accepting a particular person. If the parents don't accept the girl, I don't think a man should marry her, even if there reason is not good. This is just part of respect to the parents and good family relations. If the parents just don't want him to marry just because they think he should be older, in this case the man should stand up to his parents and make it clear he doesn't want to fall into haram and that he will marry. It is his decision, not the parents. If he can't be strong now, why expect him to be strong latter.
          Well, because it would cause strained family relations and we all still live at our parents' home. :)
          It's not that they would be opposed to a marriage in the future. Just not now.

Comment

the whole point of nikah and walima is to announce and make people aware of a marriage

Comment

Jazakallah to you all for your replies. You've certainly given me a lot to think about. At least I know I can say with confidence he doesn't have a wife or child at home as he has told me about his family and I have also spoken to and met his cousins. InshAllah I will be meeting his sisters soon too. I understand and appreciate the points you have out across, I hope Allah SWT gives me the patience and strength t deal with the situation, regardless of which direction it goes in.

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you.
                I truly hope things are easier for you, some marriages aren't successful and I won't take that step until I am sure about him and his family.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Really was an eye-opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Ameera.UK. View Post
                  I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you.
                  I truly hope things are easier for you, some marriages aren't successful and I won't take that step until I am sure about him and his family.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Really was an eye-opener.
                  I have a similar question, but my issue is that I want to do Nikah 1st in my country of residence where we both stay with our families and will be doing it in their presence the 1st time and 2nd time we will be doing it in our home country for our relatives to witness it.

But as for the above question, Ameera is asking about the Islamic point of view of marrying the same person twice and not about wheather the marriage will work well or not.
                  It would be great if anyone can give us the islamic point of view

Comment

I am a revert and do not have any support from my own family. And the possible groom in question is happy to marry me now, but cannot tell his family yet as their emphasis at the moment is on education and career and they wouldn't allow it just yet. What I mean is, could we do a nikah, with witnesses (our close friends and his male cousin) but then repeat the nikah at a later date when he tells his family? We are only thinking about this because we want to do this in as much a halal way as possible.
                    where is your wali in all this ? cant see him allowing you to marry a man who isnt mature enough to tell his family that hes getting married. How will he explain that hes away from home once hes living with you as your husband, how will he explain that you have a child on the way and its born 3 months after your fake "nikkah"

has he been speaking to you alone about marriage, because you know thats not allowed in islam sister. He should only be speaking to you with your wali present..dont take short cuts we have these rulings for our own protection. unscroupulous men will talk to you alone, suck you into an unislamic situation and before you know it youre in an awful mess.

if you want Allah to bless your marriage do it properly. if hes not ready to marry in a proper way then he shouldnt be going round asking women to marry him.
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by aimanj View Post
                      I have a similar question, but my issue is that I want to do Nikah 1st in my country of residence where we both stay with our families and will be doing it in their presence the 1st time and 2nd time we will be doing it in our home country for our relatives to witness it.

But as for the above question, Ameera is asking about the Islamic point of view of marrying the same person twice and not about wheather the marriage will work well or not.
                      It would be great if anyone can give us the islamic point of view
                      once nikkah is done you are married! you cant have another nikkah, its sunnah to have the walima after the marriage is consumated. perhaps you could do the nikkah with one family and travel to the other family for the walima.
                      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

I am a revert and do not have any support from my own family. And the possible groom in question is happy to marry me now, but cannot tell his family yet as their emphasis at the moment is on education and career and they wouldn't allow it just yet. What I mean is, could we do a nikah, with witnesses (our close friends and his male cousin) but then repeat the nikah at a later date when he tells his family? We are only thinking about this because we want to do this in as much a halal way as possible.
                        Salaam...sis I would advice you against it. If this brother respects you and really wants you then he would never marry you in secret.. What if after the first nikah he changed his mind? And let you go.. How will you tell your parents you Married behind their back. Do they really deserve it?
                        Be wise inshallah
                        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                        Guide me on your path to your janna,
                        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Working...
                          X