Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Decisions decisions!

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
    You could have answered the op with your own input, but apparently, this day was boring for you so you went after my post, why not, this is a supposedly free country, so i'll try to be short :

you are your own person, you do what you want i don't care one dime. Nothing says i have to cook, KHALAS, end of it, game over, everybody is still alive, wow we escaped the end of the world

If it doesn't please mister, there are plenty of fishes in the world, im not dying to get married or whining every week 'why can't i get married", and considering your picture of it, alhamdullilah i am single. It does bother me to be mean and reject potentials, but but, frankly, i am not interested.
    I have slightly more interesting and fulfilling stuff to do than cooking frying chicken

Potentials are male, therefore their first criteria are not their first criteria if you see what i mean.
    Second, if this potential is ready to "ditch" me for that, then i have nothing to do with an incapable
    There is a reason why you are single and will remain that way for a long time to come, it's dinner for one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by illuminated 1 View Post
      There is a reason why you are single and will remain that way for a long time to come, it's dinner for one for you.
      :/

Don't be so mean. Some people have different priorities for that. It's not a big deal.

Comment

Not cool,

As a Muslim you should be better than that, even if you don't agree with her your supposed to wish the best for your fellow brothers n sisters.

For all you know Allah (swt) could have a brother for her right around the corner so you shouldn't say those mean things.
        Last edited by kiduka; 25-11-12, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
          why do you have such a big problem with women doing the cooking/houseworketc. if a brother even mentions cooking/housework and women in one sentence you start getting angry talking about how it's not a obligation, men can do it themselves, women have better things to do etc.

what is wrong with women serving their husbands and families. there is nothing better for a women than to do this. you should be encouraging women to take up that role instead of talking about how it's not an obligation. seriously when your looking to get married are you going to tell him "my dad cooked for us in my home, that is what i'm used so i expect you to do all the cooking or buy me cooked food"! subhanallah whats he going to think.
          Fatima (RA) the daughter of the prophet :saw:, the best of women used to cook and clean till the skin on her hands became harsh. she is our role model.
          This was a good post, and there is even an example in it. There are plenty more from the seerah to suggest how much help was put forth in the household by women of the greatest generation and this demonstrates a healthy supportive attitude to have towards marriage. I mean just look at the role model chosen. I pray Allah (swt) grants sisters with this good mindset husbands that will fear Allah with them and appreciate all of this.
          والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Who died and made you see the future? You are indeed illuminated

And it is not a compliment. Amazing how people can get frustrated when you say you don't need somebody. It's like the worst insult ever.

Breathe, im sure someone is crying for you out there.
            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
              I pray Allah (swt) grants sisters with this good mindset husbands that will fear Allah with them and appreciate all of this.
              السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Ameeeen thumma ameeen!
              "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

I always find amusing when the issue of cooking is brought up, have these guys never lived away from their mothers ?

As for the poster your pickyness descended to the levels commonly seen with women. Shocking how you give insignificant trivial issues you listed such grand importance
                Last edited by Inquisitive10; 27-11-12, 04:51 AM.

Comment

To OP I'm sorry things didnt work out but mashAllah you have a great attitude. May Allah bless you with a righteous wife and kids who will be the comfort of your eyes.

What is important is that they make an effort to please each other. That way they are both happy. In a marriage YOU turns into WE.

I grew ip in a family where the women cooked and served the men (although the men knew how to cook as well and would from time to time) If I do get married in Sha Allah I would love to cook for my husband since it would make him happy :)...One should want to please their husbands/wives. Unfortunately I'm not the best cook but In Sha Allah I will get better.:p

May Allah safeguard all of us and make us among the righteous ..Ameen
                  "I love the righteous, though I’m not one of them,
                  Perhaps I will gain their mediation for me.
                  And I hate those whose trade is sin,
                  Though we may both have the same merchandise!" Imam Al Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitive10 View Post
                    I always find amusing when the issue of cooking is brought up, have these guys never lived away from their mothers ?

As for the poster your pickyness descended to the levels commonly seen with women. Shocking how you give insignificant trivial issues you listed such grand importance
                    The only criteria i mentioned for a potential partner is someone who is an Alima or studied to at least college level. I don't think that's being picky.

Comment

Originally posted by sims View Post
                      To OP I'm sorry things didnt work out but mashAllah you have a great attitude. May Allah bless you with a righteous wife and kids who will be the comfort of your eyes.

What is important is that they make an effort to please each other. That way they are both happy. In a marriage YOU turns into WE.

I grew ip in a family where the women cooked and served the men (although the men knew how to cook as well and would from time to time) If I do get married in Sha Allah I would love to cook for my husband since it would make him happy :)...One should want to please their husbands/wives. Unfortunately I'm not the best cook but In Sha Allah I will get better.:p

May Allah safeguard all of us and make us among the righteous ..Ameen
                      Ameen. JazakAllah khair.

Comment

if shes hot, nice and easy going and seems to be a good muslim, then what the hell are you waiting for?
                        May Your Cars be Fast, Your Spouses Hot and Your Water Always Cold,
                        -El-Gallo
                        "The Most Interesting Brown Man in the World"

Comment

Working...
                        X