Marriage advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage advice

My wife of 18 years walked out the other day after petty argument with my son 9 leaving my 2 older daughters its been 2 weeks she's gone to her mums who is the root of problem tried to call her at house she won't speak tried texting I can tell her mum is putting words in get mouth have asked a third party to intervene awaiting but she's just coming out with lies kids don't listen etc nothing major asked about visiting son awaiting reply she has not even rang to speak to girls have rang son few times but she's there telling him what to say shocked cant believe what's happened totally put of character advice please

Re: Marriage advice

Petty to you, obviously not to her. Start from there.

Comment

Don't understand

Comment

what you saw as a minor argument, she saw as major enough to walk out, don't you think that is saying something? that you don't value what she values, or take her issues seriously or something like that?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

The problem I have is previously any issues were discussed and cleared up this time due to outside interference totally different

Comment

like the other members have mentioned... the argument may seem little to you yet something big to your wife.

I would advice you to try and figure out why the argument began look at it through an islamic point of view. for example think of how the messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) would have behaved in such a situation or maybe the sahaba's. try to act upon the sunnah and inshAllah you shall resolve your issue soon...

salat ul hajaad is a very good amaal too.. :)
            Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Comment

I'm surprised you said that past 3 nights have been waking up and reading tahajud any advice as mother in law is making things much worse and wife always agrees with her

Comment

Any advice would be welcome as I'm doing all the chasing but to no joy

Comment

Come on guys

Comment

what did you argue about? what does she want you to do? have your daughters been in contact with her?

Comment

why does her mum want to interfere?

Comment

Clinically sane women don't walk out on their husbands after a petty argument. Is she sane?

If yes, possibilities are that a) the argument is not petty to her, and b) that something has been brewing for years and finally snapped. You know best. Has there been a longtime cause of conflict and stress between you two?

Why can't you just go to wherever she is right now and talk to her? Also, you don't need permission to visit your own son. That's messed up.

Comment

I'm afraid that's the way some mother in laws are just interfere no everything has been fine and normally any problems we have had been able to sort out talking no problem she had minor argument with sister and I told her to forget it and just speak to her and clear up again something that's happened many times before never has she not listened to me totally out of character can just go to where she is because have tried to phone won't come on phone and texts are not her speaking I know if I go there she won't see me

Comment

They will let me see son but only in there house I want to take him out for an hour I know if I go there then will end up in argument she has not been in contact with girls

Comment

Originally posted by goldee View Post
                              They will let me see son but only in there house I want to take him out for an hour I know if I go there then will end up in argument she has not been in contact with girls
                              sounds like you do need a third party to intervene.
                              Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Working...
                              X