Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I marry a woman which physical apperance I dont like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I marry a woman which physical apperance I dont like?

I know this girl. I know her background, her relation to Islam (no hijab, prays occasionally), her family. I like her charakter very much and I know I would have a easy and stress free life here on dunya with her. But I dont like her looks.
    What is your opinion as a man? Or is sbd here with the same experience? Should I overlook this fact because of her other positive attributes? Is it possible for me to live a happy marriage if I dont think that she is attractive enough?

Thank You, Selam Aleikum

Re: Should I marry a woman which physical apperance I dont like?

What good attributes? You said no hijab and prays occasionally? I would not marry this woman.

Comment

No you shouldnt.
      ╰☆╮The Qu'ran is the Fuel of the Muslim's Heart.╰☆╮

Comment

She doesn't wear hijab, only prays occasionally and you don't find her physically attractive.

Do you really need an answer to your question?

Comment

You need to be attracted,

Even the Prophet (SAW) told Sawda bint Zam'a that he was not attracted to her, and He even offered her divorce as a Mercy, she said She wants to be resurrected as his wife (SAW).

btw this was as she grew older too
          Last edited by Abu Protein; 13-11-12, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abubakarbristol View Post
            She doesn't wear hijab, only prays occasionally and you don't find her physically attractive.

Do you really need an answer to your question?
            Yeaps, it's clear cut to be honest.

You shouldn't just marry someone who you think you would have an easy and stress free life in dunya with, you should find someone who will help you in your struggle to get to Jannah, and take her with you.

Comment

Originally posted by inet01 View Post
              I know this girl. I know her background, her relation to Islam (no hijab, prays occasionally), her family. I like her charakter very much and I know I would have a easy and stress free life here on dunya with her. But I dont like her looks.
              What is your opinion as a man? Or is sbd here with the same experience? Should I overlook this fact because of her other positive attributes? Is it possible for me to live a happy marriage if I dont think that she is attractive enough?

Thank You, Selam Aleikum
              Think logically. What percentage of women in your society wear hijab. If it's too low, then don't fret about it, ask her you want her to wear hijab after marriage.

If you think your chances of finding someone with better looks and comforting attitude is less than 20% or so, then go for her.

It's your decision, but I would like to say that looks fade. But, that comfort will be for the rest of your life. So, please give comfort a big preference over looks.

Comment

since ur a man, u could encourage her more or find a better person with attractive looks

Comment

if you wish to consider her, then get to speaking to her and if you still can't see past it and not for you, then chose not to and vice versa
                  DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Originally posted by submitter View Post
                    Think logically. What percentage of women in your society wear hijab. If it's too low, then don't fret about it, ask her you want her to wear hijab after marriage.

If you think your chances of finding someone with better looks and comforting attitude is less than 20% or so, then go for her.

It's your decision, but I would like to say that looks fade. But, that comfort will be for the rest of your life. So, please give comfort a big preference over looks.
                    Its not about better looks, what looks are to him may be different to me, each and every individual has their own idea of beauty,

its about finding someone your going to be attracted to both in deen and outwardly, since Marriage is supose to eliminate the fitnah not cause it.

Comment

what about her does she find you attractive enough to accept your proposal?

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

“My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.” Imam Shafie

Comment

Originally posted by innocent_girl View Post
                        what about her does she find you attractive enough to accept your proposal?
                        and this too, dont set high standards she cant reach or that you cant reach

Comment

To the people saying no because she doesn't wear hijab and prays occasionally, you haven't actually asked him if he's religious at all? Because if he doesn't pray or keep a beard then he has no business demanding a wife who is religiously inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Protein View Post
                            You need to be attracted,

Even the Prophet (SAW) told Sawda bint Zam'a that he was not attracted to her, and He even offered her divorce as a Mercy, she said She wants to be resurrected as his wife (SAW).

btw this was as she grew older too
                            where'd u get that?

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                              To the people saying no because she doesn't wear hijab and prays occasionally, you haven't actually asked him if he's religious at all? Because if he doesn't pray or keep a beard then he has no business demanding a wife who is religiously inclined.
                              hes the one whos asking for advice here , not to be interrogated.

Comment

Working...
                              X