Multiple wife's and salafism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multiple wife's and salafism

I just think it's really interesting how a lot of men are ready to scream that polygamy is sunnah. But then they discard other sunnan like helping your wife around the house, marrying widows and taking her children in as well, or even being just to all the wives they are so ready to marry.

Comment

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post
      I just think it's really interesting how a lot of men are ready to scream that polygamy is sunnah. But then they discard other sunnan like helping your wife around the house, marrying widows and taking her children in as well, or even being just to all the wives they are so ready to marry.
      How can you know about other men and families ?

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Because you somehow polled a lot of men and got this response right? You're just mad because it's halal for us lol
        "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Aw man, we hear this one so much @[email protected]
          والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

What about brothers who say that they do not want to marry more than one wife? Sometimes, if sisters say that they do not want to be in a polygamous marriage, someone would jump on her the very next minute. But I don't see the same thing happening to brothers who insist on having only one wife.

Now no hate mails please, I have no problems whatsoever with people wanting to practice polygamy. I come in peace :1peace: ;)
            Last edited by geeksupremo; 11-11-12, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geeksupremo View Post
              What about brothers who say that they do not want to marry more than one wife? Sometimes, if sisters say that they do not want to be in a monogamous marriage, someone would jump on her the very next minute. But I don't see the same thing happening to brothers who insist on having only one wife.
              I don't get the question, people object to sisters wanting to practice polygamy but not to brothers who want to practice monogamy? I never noticed that, usually it's the opposite :scratch:
              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                I don't get the question, people object to sisters wanting to practice polygamy but not to brothers who want to practice monogamy? I never noticed that, usually it's the opposite :scratch:
                Oppps sorry I meant 'sisters who say no to polygamy'

Comment

Oh yeah, them!

*grumbles*

Worth noting though that men who want to only have 1 wife won't get the same reaction since that is their call, they might know something about themselves that makes them reluctant. He's "stepping down" so to speak, whereas in the ideal case, the woman should not object to a man having multiple wives without a good reason given that it's halal.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                    How can you know about other men and families ?
                    I know about MANY men from my culture that marry many women 3 or 4, and they completely abandon their first or second wives along with their obligations (financial, social, and emotional).

I am not trying to say EVERY muslim man that practices polygamy does this. I am just saying it's important to implement as many sunnan in our lives and not pick and choose whatever benefits us and discard the rest.

Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
                    Because you somehow polled a lot of men and got this response right? You're just mad because it's halal for us lol
                    Manners please. I am not your friend so don't joke with me. :)
                    Like I have said I KNOW some women that were abandoned completely after the husband married the 'newer' wife.

Aw man, we hear this one so much @[email protected]
                    -.-

What about brothers who say that they do not want to marry more than one wife? Sometimes, if sisters say that they do not want to be in a monogamous marriage, someone would jump on her the very next minute. But I don't see the same thing happening to brothers who insist on having only one wife.

Now no hate mails please, I have no problems whatsoever with people wanting to practice polygamy. I come in peace :1peace: ;)
                    I am personally completely for polygamy, I wouldn't mind if my husband wanted to marry again. But it's important to be have taqwa, and acknowledge the fact that you will be asked about how you treated your wives. Unless you want to carry that burden on qiyaama.

I am not trying to offend anyone either. I am just talking about selective preference of a sunnah over another.

Comment

I am personally completely for polygamy, I wouldn't mind if my husband wanted to marry again. But it's important to be have taqwa, and acknowledge the fact that you will be asked about how you treated your wives. Unless you want to carry that burden on qiyaama.

I am not trying to offend anyone either. I am just talking about selective preference of a sunnah over another.
                      Oh okay, whew. I knew you were one of the good guys, too many good posts. I thought maybe for a second they got to you, the anti-polygamy masses, with their pitchforks, torches, and I think I saw one with a chainsaw in there to. You must pardon us for our hasty judgment!

Comment

My question wasn't directed at you, and I agree with your post actually, the one that I quoted. I forgot to state that. :embar:

Comment

Oh okay, whew. I knew you were one of the good guys, too many good posts. I thought maybe for a second they got to you, the anti-polygamy masses, with their pitchforks, torches, and I think I saw one with a chainsaw in there to. You must pardon us for our hasty judgment!
                          Thank you! It's alright. Alhamdulilah polygamy has a lot of benefits for Muslims in general, and I really think that if people were less obsessed with worldly possessions it would have been far easier to practice. And there would be less orphans and widows, stronger communities, more barakah in our lives.

But what are you gonna do.

My question wasn't directed at you, and I agree with your post actually, the one that I quoted. I forgot to state that. :embar:
                          Don't worry about it geek. You were and still are my first friend here!

Comment

Oh yeah, them!

*grumbles*

Worth noting though that men who want to only have 1 wife won't get the same reaction since that is their call, they might know something about themselves that makes them reluctant. He's "stepping down" so to speak, whereas in the ideal case, the woman should not object to a man having multiple wives without a good reason given that it's halal.
                            a man who can afford it in nigeria (and to a lesser extent somalia) who doesn't marry 2 or often more times is seen as miserly, there is a lot of merit to this point of view as women there are therefore more likely to looked after and we face a shortage of practicing good muslims everywhere not just in the west.

me personally I cannot afford it, and even if I could I don't want it and establishing the sunnah prayers, my tahajjud, dhikr, learning arabic, Quran with tajweed etc all come first. if I had done all those things, and made hijrah and could afford it, then Allaahu alim but even then wouldn't be keen on the idea as marrying twice is usually far more than twice the effort with less than twice the benefits.
                            Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

Most of the so called ''salafi'' brothers in my area live on Job seekers allowance, have a wife and maybe 1-2 kids and still seek a second wife. I blame their stupid current wives.

Comment

Originally posted by Sistah_Dime View Post
                                Most of the so called ''salafi'' brothers in my area live on Job seekers allowance, have a wife and maybe 1-2 kids and still seek a second wife. I blame their stupid current wives.
                                ur so bloody rude

Comment

Working...
                                X