Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brothers, would you consider a second wife or another 3 more wives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brothers, would you consider a second wife or another 3 more wives?

Salaam

This is a question for the single and married brothers.

Would you consider having more than one wife?

good luck
    Last edited by Green786; 09-11-12, 11:10 PM.
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Re: Brothers, would you consider a second wife or another 3 more wives?

most can't answer without being married first. Most would also say no.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

:wswrwb:

Lol there's a 'good luck' at the bottom of the post.

Comment

No. Even one seems like a daunting task...

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post

No. Even one seems like a daunting task...
          it is

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
              most can't answer without being married first.
              Oi Samin, let us speak for ourselves!

Okay. Now. My answer:

I can't answer without being married first.
              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

So you would rather get married first then decide whether to have a second wife or not.

"Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
                  So you would rather get married first then decide whether to have a second wife or not.

Well it's the only sensible way, because without having seen my competence with one wife, how can I determine competence with multiple wives? However if it all lines up and I find I can do it financially, everything else-ly, yeah I have no qualms against it. Kind of a long shot though, all considered.
                  والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Walaykum salam,

Probably not. My conscience just wouldn't allow me to do certain things with more than one woman (if you know what I mean).
                    "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                      Well it's the only sensible way, because without having seen my competence with one wife, how can I determine competence with multiple wives? However if it all lines up and I find I can do it financially, everything else-ly, yeah I have no qualms against it. Kind of a long shot though, all considered.
                      What would be the best way to answer if a potential ask this question? I mean if the sister would prefer to be in a monogamous marriage?

What you're saying is true, since one can't really tell unless he's married...

Comment

Oi Samin, let us speak for ourselves!

Okay. Now. My answer:

I can't answer without being married first.
                        Yea samin, chillax there bro,

as for your question OP, I can't answer without being married first.

Comment

Originally posted by geeksupremo View Post
                          What would be the best way to answer if a potential ask this question? I mean if the sister would prefer to be in a monogamous marriage?

Oh yeah, given I've had talks with potentials before, I definitely had to think about that.

If they ask my views on it (since usually they won't be that direct), I'll tell them that I view it as something permissible in the religion like any other. If they ask if I would do it, I'd say I don't guarantee either way, though I admit I've not made plans for it. But definitely I don't make guarantees, and if they decide to cut it off, well that's istikharah at work right there.

Comment

Originally posted by geeksupremo View Post

Answer honestly, if the other party can't or wont accept it then you may have saved a lot of pain and heartache later.

Comment

Oh yeah, given I've had talks with potentials before, I definitely had to think about that.

If they ask my views on it (since usually they won't be that direct), I'll tell them that I view it as something permissible in the religion like any other. If they ask if I would do it, I'd say I don't guarantee either way, though I admit I've not made plans for it. But definitely I don't make guarantees, and if they decide to cut it off, well that's istikharah at work right there.
                              I see... :jkk:

I was starting to think that it won't make a difference at all if a sister asks that question, because he wouldn't know anyway since he's not yet married, and if he says no now, he might change his mind somewhere down the road... You're right though that's where istikhara comes to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X