How to marry a muslim girl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to marry a muslim girl?

So I dont think I should go into too much detail, but I've known this girl for awhile and I've fallen in love with her and I am a recent convert to Islam and this is my first Ramdan in my life. But I was wondering how do I ask her to marry me with the consent of her parents? Because I am Caucasian and she's Pakistani so I was scared of disapproval from her parents. And I don't even know where to begin to get her to marry me.

Re: How to marry a muslim girl?

:salams

The correct way to go about doing things Islamically is to contact her wali (usually her father).

And, since you both are Muslims, Alhamdulillah, you both should stop any interactions with each other. I don't know what you mean by "known this girl for a while," but I hope you just know her (as in, you see her around or something) and that this isn't a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.

Also, you have to accept the fact that she may not be the person Allah has chosen for you. So, don't go all out in trying to marry he. If things don't go as plan, then say Alhamdulillah and know that Allah has someone better in place for you. We submit to His decree.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

ok, my only fear is that her father would so easily deny me of it because of my race.

Comment

and I do understand that she may not be the girl Allah has chosen for me

Comment

You might want to get help from a local Imam. How recently did you convert, though? I hope you're not jumping into marriage right away.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Quite recently actually, however the thought came to my mind and I wasn't planning on acting on marriage until a few years from now when I was ready

Comment

So, that means you're not ready now?

And, also, we really shouldn't be marrying for love alone. Yes, love is all nice and well, but the top most thing is deen.

Comment

Emotionally I am ready, however my life at the moment be used to support a wife. Could you explain deen to me?

Comment

Yeah, I can see emotionally you're ready. But, marriage is a lot more than that. You should spend time focusing on bettering yourself as a Muslim. Learn about your obligatory worships, maybe take classes for reverts. I wouldn't get into marriage without knowing the rights and responsibilities of husband and wife in Islam. I don't wanna scare you, but there is a lot. We can't just love a girl and marry her like that without knowing what we're doing.

Deen means religion. I meant, we should marry someone who is strong in their deen and follows the commands of Allah and His Messenger :saw:

Comment

Thank you, Ill focus on religion before getting into that.

Comment

May Allah make it easy for you, keep you on the Straight Path and bless you with a righteous wife when you're ready for it.

And welcome to Islam, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by CalPhillips View Post
                        So I dont think I should go into too much detail, but I've known this girl for awhile and I've fallen in love with her and I am a recent convert to Islam and this is my first Ramdan in my life. But I was wondering how do I ask her to marry me with the consent of her parents? Because I am Caucasian and she's Pakistani so I was scared of disapproval from her parents. And I don't even know where to begin to get her to marry me.
                        Does she have any male relatives you can talk to? If she's not a bad Muslim, and she likes you also, you guys can work on your deen together. You may be right that her wali may reject you because of your race. You should try to see if marriage her is a possibility. If it isn't, just move on. You need to put this behind you as soon as possible. Do not, not all people that are walis reject someone based on race.

Comment

oh gosh all the nit picking look cal just marry her man whats stopping you its most likely you will get accepted your white on another hand imagine being black you wont stand a chance mirror siad focus on your deen i disagree if u like the sister get married as this will safe guard your imaan

hadith: if any one comes too you who's deen you satisfied with then marry or evil will come wide spread

so why the burdens go for it cal

Comment

I don't think it's wise to rush into the marriage..I mean, accepting islam is a big step for you, a big change, you should try firstly to adapt youself to a new state of mind. Try to get to know this girl and see whether you are compatible or not, do you have common goals in life, in family life and generally, do you have many things in common, etc. Take it very easy, and may Allah help you with your decisions and guide you, ameen!

Comment

:salams

Welcome to Islam, OP. And Ramadhan Mubarak!

If I may ask, is the girl in question practices Islam properly? Does she has the intention to continuously study and improve herself in all aspects of the deen? If the answer is yes, alhamdulillah. Which also means, she would probably want someone who takes Islam seriously. I'm not saying that you are not, you probably have studied about Islam in depth prior to taking the shahadah. This is because if her family is religious then Islam would be the priority for her parents when looking for a husband for their daughter, and in this case it would be better for you to study more about Islam.

In the mean time, like brother mirror suggested, why don't you ask your local imam about it as well, see if he can help you and find out more about the girl's family. Make abundant of du'a (supplication), and also perform istikhara prayers. It is a prayer that should be done whenever a Muslim faces an important decision and need guidance from Allah

Regardless of your decision to marry her now or later, keep studying about Islam. Learn the basics about Islam, the obligatory worships, and then gradually build up from there.

and I do understand that she may not be the girl Allah has chosen for me
                              Alhamdulillah that you mentioned this, because truly Allah knows what is best for us.

Originally posted by bruce lee View Post
                              oh gosh all the nit picking look cal just marry her man whats stopping you its most likely you will get accepted your white on another hand imagine being black you wont stand a chance mirror siad focus on your deen i disagree if u like the sister get married as this will safe guard your imaan

hadith: if any one comes too you who's deen you satisfied with then marry or evil will come wide spread

so why the burdens go for it cal
                              So brother mirror told the OP to focus on his deen, but you disagree. Then you bring the hadith where it says the parents should marry their daughter to anyone whose deen they are satisfied with.

You're contradicting yourself there.

Comment

Working...
                              X