The price paid for a simple marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The price paid for a simple marriage

There was a time of Hazrat Fatima (r.a) when a marriage with low expenses, less people & simple arrangements (no complications in dress/ preparations/ stage/ meal/ celebrations/ materialistic demands) looked easy & practicable for even the poor. Even rich people used to follow the Prophet's way, contributing to a trend that facilitated everyone, while giving away most of their money as sadaqa (charity).

But today, more show off, israaf (wastage of money, efforts and time) has been made to look more practical, in order to save one's "dignity" in front of people (while ruining it in front of ALLAH (SWT)).

By following the usual trend, my marriage might be considered successful by status conscious people but the universal rule remains the same:

When Nikah becomes expensive in a society in general, Zina (adultery) becomes cheap & vice versa.

The question to ask myself is "WHICH trend am I feeding with my personal example ?"
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: The price paid for a simple marriage

good point, do we want to be people who follow the sunnah
    or people who abandon the sunnah and follow their desires and the desires of the people?
    Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

Re: The price paid for a simple marriage

Originally posted by abu saalehah View Post
      good point, do we want to be people who follow the sunnah
      or people who abandon the sunnah and follow their desires and the desires of the people?
      yeah, I like cheap marriage. But still having problems to explain friends that they'r not invited

Comment

Working...
      X