Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pologamy,The Benefits for Men and Women.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pologamy,The Benefits for Men and Women.

Originally posted by Abd. View Post
    the wifes can look for each other's children. that's a benefit....
    I don't think I woul be comfortable sending my children to her house. It depends on the type of person she turns out to be. Wait...see now I am starting to talk as if my husband will get a 2nd wife. Inshallah he won't lol...
    Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
    Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
    [Al Quran 13:28]
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by muslimahc View Post
      I don't think I woul be comfortable sending my children to her house. It depends on the type of person she turns out to be. Wait...see now I am starting to talk as if my husband will get a 2nd wife. Inshallah he won't lol...
      they don't have to live at different places. they can live at the same house with the children. but i guess that is like asking for suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Abd. View Post
        they don't have to live at different places. they can live at the same house with the children. but i guess that is like asking for suicide.
        Yes it is lol...Plus, he has to be able to afford to provide separate accomodation. They are not required to live together unless they agree to it. I personally wouldn't. I am too jealous. I would go jealous even seeing them simply talk to each other. I want to establish my own home with my things and children's things. Let him establish a home with her elsewhere.
        Last edited by muslimahc; 03-08-12, 10:27 PM.
        Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
        Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
        [Al Quran 13:28]
        ]

Comment

Originally posted by muslimahc View Post
          Yes it is lol...Plus, he has to be able to afford to provide separate accomodation. They are not required to live together unless they agree to it. I personally wouldn't. I am too jealous. I would go jealous even seeing them simply talk to each other.
          lol :o

Comment

Originally posted by flashnazia View Post
            Ok, what about fish? That's mentioned in Quran as halal but lots of people don't like to eat fish!
            Lol it's no comparison. I only agree with poligamy if it is done the corrct way, but you really can't compare a source of food to someone's life.
            ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

.....isn't polygamy/polygyny forbidden in europe, north america, australia and south america?

Comment

At Ali, I was referring to this:

Originally posted by sweetstar2 View Post
                Precisely and sexual desires should not be a reason to remarry ;)
                Originally posted by ~kittens~ View Post
                You'd be surprised sis at how many ppl think thats a good enough reason to get married again!
                Originally posted by cooldog View Post
                I am one of those people :up:
                Originally posted by Remember12345 View Post
                Me too...... :up:
                So you and cooldog think marriage is all about s**? Says a lot....

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
                  Lol it's no comparison. I only agree with poligamy if it is done the corrct way, but you really can't compare a source of food to someone's life.
                  I never said I disagreed. I object to it being forced down my throat by people when they say along lines of: 'it's halal so you have to love/accept/encourage it'.

Comment

I never said I disagreed. I object to it being forced down my throat by people when they say along lines of: 'it's halal so you have to love/accept/encourage it'.
                    Tbh I don't want it forced down my throat neither. I understand where you are coming from with the fish thing now lol.
                    ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by flashnazia:4800329
                      At Ali, I was referring to this:

Originally posted by sweetstar2 View Post
                      Precisely and sexual desires should not be a reason to remarry ;)
                      Originally posted by ~kittens~ View Post
                      You'd be surprised sis at how many ppl think thats a good enough reason to get married again!
                      I am one of those people :up:
                      Me too...... :up:
                      So you and cooldog think marriage is all about s**? Says a lot....
                      U accuse someone who lowers his gaze,doesnt talk to non mahrams of treating women as sex objects.what is wrong with u?I know ,you have this false sense of righteousness ,u think u are doing women good by judging every word I write.U reality is so warped u see men who want to fulfil their sexual desire by getting married as objectifiers of women.

I was born of a women, I respect my sisters in Islam.Stop with these accusations.
                      Read ali's post ,the whole thing.I give up anyway.Whatever I say ,u will find something derogatory to women in it.Its really irritating.

Comment

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Sexual desire is actually a valid reason to marry again (provided you fit all the other requirements). But, we mustn't forget that marriage is not just about sexual desires and love;

[Fi Thilaal Al-Quranby Sayyid Qutb]
                        A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by Perseveranze:4800358
                          Asalaamu Alaikum,

Sexual desire is actually a valid reason to marry again (provided you fit all the other requirements). But, we mustn't forget that marriage is not just about sexual desires and love;

It was narrated that a man consulted ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may God be pleased with him, about divorcing his wife and ‘Umar said to him: “Do not do so.”

“I do not love her,” the man argued.

‘Umar may Allah be pleased with him said, “Are families built only on love? Where is, then, mutual care and the maintenance of rights and duties?”
                          [Fi Thilaal Al-Quranby Sayyid Qutb]
                          :jkk:

Comment

Sadly, in the US the only aspect of a polygynous marriage that is considered is the sexual aspect. Irrespective of any tangible benefit the wives may derive from being taken care of and essentially having less responsibilities (esp. if they are all co-habitating), the big issue seems to be the EWWWWWWW factor of one man having relations with multiple women- any other considerations just fly out the window. My wife and I have seen the television program 'Sister Wives' and although it's certainly not coming from a Muslim perspective all I hear from her (she's a Christian) is how disgusting the situation is. When I make any attempt to explain things from a Muslim point of view- companionship, taking care of the less fortunate, avoidance of infidelity, etc.- I am met with The Look Of Death (you husbands know that look) and I know it's no use in going any further. Apparently, my support of polygyny is based entirely on having multiple sex partners available with no religious values attached to it whatsoever!

Comment

To all those females who think satisfying your desire is not a good reason to get married ......

Oh no........To their disappointment

IT IS .............

Tell me any one scholar who says otherwise.....
                              You didn't answer my question ...........

Comment

U accuse someone who lowers his gaze,doesnt talk to non mahrams of treating women as sex objects.what is wrong with u?I know ,you have this false sense of righteousness ,u think u are doing women good by judging every word I write.U reality is so warped u see men who want to fulfil their sexual desire by getting married as objectifiers of women.

I was born of a women, I respect my sisters in Islam.Stop with these accusations.
                                Read ali's post ,the whole thing.I give up anyway.Whatever I say ,u will find something derogatory to women in it.Its really irritating.
                                :up: I agree.....Women like here are meant to be ignored.....

Comment

Working...
                                X