Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pologamy,The Benefits for Men and Women.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pologamy,The Benefits for Men and Women.

Assalamu Alaykum,

Pologamy,Just wanted everybody's views on the benefits for Men and Women.
    Please DO NOT add your views if you agree or disagree.
    Just want the benefits for both.

Also is Pologamy really on the Increase ?

Jazak Allahu Khairan
    Abdullah
    Last edited by UNITED UMMAH; 01-08-12, 01:44 PM.

Re: Pologamy,The Benefits for Men and Women.

The benefits for women is to still be able to get a husband, more time for herself and her stuff etc...

Now the benefits for the husband, lol do we really need to explain them?
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
      The benefits for women is to still be able to get a husband, more time for herself and her stuff etc...

Yes, please do, I don't really know the benefits for men:scratch:
      banans in pajamas are coming down the stairs
      bananas in pajamas are coming down in pairs
      bananas in pajamas are chasing teddy bears

Comment

Originally posted by UNITED UMMAH View Post
        Also is Pologamy really on the Increase ?
        I don't know of any polygamous marriages, but then again maybe they are a secret so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ79 View Post
          Yes, please do, I don't really know the benefits for men:scratch:

well the benifits for men, can be seen as:

1) another helping hand around the house and a easier lifestyle with less pressure,
          2) there is better education for children and upbringing,
          3) there are also significantly more women in the world than men, hence taking another women can mean having more children for the intrest of Islam and also protecting the woman from commiting sin from not getting married or if she cannot financially support herself due to divorce or other reasons she may choose prostitution this is a reason why taking another wife is advised.

A good example can be seen the effects of male population after second world war and in any other war torn country where this is visible to the eye.

4) There is a universal biological constraint in male and female reproduction. A woman’s reproductive capacity declines after her 20s and ends with menopause, but even a man in his 70s retains the ability to father children

5)Islam also prohibits sexual relations during a woman’s monthly cycles. Therefore, the prolonged menstrual period of the woman which prevents the husband from having sex with her, or a man whose sexual urge is not satisfied by one wife, may marry another. Islam permits such men to realize their desire within a legal framework, making them responsible for their sexuality, so he does not have to resort to cohabitation or prostitution.

I hope this will sum it up.

Comment

well benifits fro men, can be another helping hand around the house and a easier lifestyle with less pressure,
            :rotfl:

also there is better education for children and upbringing
            How is that?

there are also significantly more women in the world than men, hence taking another women can mean having more children for the intrest of Islam and also protecting the woman from commiting sin from not getting married or if she cannot financially support herself due to divorce or other reasons she may choose prostitution this is a reason why taking another wife is advised.
            Thats a benefit to the woman.

There is a universal biological constraint in male and female reproduction. A woman’s reproductive capacity declines after her 20s and ends with menopause, but even a man in his 70s retains the ability to father children.
            How is this a benefit to the man?

Islam also prohibits sexual relations during a woman’s monthly cycles. Therefore, the prolonged menstrual period of the woman which prevents the husband from having sex with her, or a man whose sexual urge is not satisfied by one wife, may marry another. Islam permits such men to realize their desire within a legal framework, making them responsible for their sexuality, so he does not have to resort to cohabitation or prostitution.
            Ok that is one advantage, but may not always be the case if they end up having their menstrual cycle at the same time.

I only see one benefit for the man, following the sunnah. :up:
            banans in pajamas are coming down the stairs
            bananas in pajamas are coming down in pairs
            bananas in pajamas are chasing teddy bears

Comment

It is well documented that polygamy is more beneficial to female than man.

Women:
              Tend to marry up (above her league). If she is average, an above average man will seek her hand for 2nd marriage as women in his league will refuse to be 2nd wife
              Have a husband in case where she is less likely to get married, obtain financial support
              Free time for herself to focus on career, develop passion, ibadath or just be lazy
              Less wifely demand from husband as he isn’t’ around. Only has to keep the house clean 50% of time.
              If she gets along with co-wife, she has a sister to turn to or gang up against her husband.
              Mainly she receives reward with half the effort & freedom to do as she pleases (assuming she lives in different accommodation to her co-wife).

MEN
              Feeling masculine by taking care of multiple women, in return obtaining reward for taking care of multiple women
              Larger family, more offspring if that is what he wants
              Intimacy & Variety

Comment

Originally posted by aekbal View Post
                well the benifits for men, can be seen as:

1) another helping hand around the house and a easier lifestyle with less pressure,
                2) there is better education for children and upbringing,
                3) there are also significantly more women in the world than men, hence taking another women can mean having more children for the intrest of Islam and also protecting the woman from commiting sin from not getting married or if she cannot financially support herself due to divorce or other reasons she may choose prostitution this is a reason why taking another wife is advised.

A good example can be seen the effects of male population after second world war and in any other war torn country where this is visible to the eye.

4) There is a universal biological constraint in male and female reproduction. A woman’s reproductive capacity declines after her 20s and ends with menopause, but even a man in his 70s retains the ability to father children

5)Islam also prohibits sexual relations during a woman’s monthly cycles. Therefore, the prolonged menstrual period of the woman which prevents the husband from having sex with her, or a man whose sexual urge is not satisfied by one wife, may marry another. Islam permits such men to realize their desire within a legal framework, making them responsible for their sexuality, so he does not have to resort to cohabitation or prostitution.

I hope this will sum it up.
                Women living in the same house....their cycle tend to synchronize
                "Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon" To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return." (Quran Surat Al Baqarah 2:156)
                "Every soul shall have a taste of death, then to us you will be ultimately returned." (Quran Surat Al Ankaboot 29:57)

Comment

hmmm..
                  Last edited by aekbal; 01-08-12, 04:51 PM. Reason: can this be deleted?

Comment

can you re read them and try to apply logic to the answers, and finally if all else fails then feel free to ask again and I will answer

Originally posted by aekbal View Post
                    can you re read them and try to apply logic to the answers, and finally if all else fails then feel free to ask again and I will answer
                    Originally posted by JJ79 View Post
                    :rotfl:

How is that?

Thats a benefit to the woman.

How is this a benefit to the man?

Ok that is one advantage, but may not always be the case if they end up having their menstrual cycle at the same time.

I only see one benefit for the man, following the sunnah. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post

Assalamualaikum warahmutallahi wabarakatuhuu

ahh yeaah thats wat my mother told me toooo, and i ws like yayy more time for myself xD

editt: ohh and u get to feel how the prophet sallalahu alayhi wassallam's wives felt when he was away with his other wifee :up:
                      Last edited by safzis; 01-08-12, 09:58 PM.
                      "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

The only benefits i can currently see, is from looking at the prophet (pbuh) that women who were in financial difficulties had someone to look after them, to also have a father figure to children who didnt have their biological fathers, and for political peace.

Comment

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I don't really see it as having much benefit for the man... I mean, the responsibilities that come with it completely eradicate such prospects... It's more beneficial for women than it is for man imo.
                          A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Assalamualaikum warahmutallahi wabarakatuhuu ^^^^

yeahh it must be hard for guys to juggle and to be equal to all his wivesss, but inshaAllahh it will be finee :up:
                            "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

I was tempted to list the disadvantages, but that's not the topic so I'll try to see the bright side of polygamy for once:

For women:
                              1. More chances of finding a husband and having a family of their own
                              2. More time for herself
                              3. For those who are widowed, a father figure for their children.
                              For men:
                              1. More variety in intimacy
                              2. More variety in food
                              3. Wives will put more effort into the marriage to compete for your love, affection and money
                              4. More children

I can't think of anymore right now. The disadvantages are more numerous.
                              Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
                              Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
                              [Al Quran 13:28]
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X