As a grown, mature Muslim male.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a grown, mature Muslim male.....

CAN (i am not saying should), can i get married without telling my parents? As long as i have talked to the sisters wali and they both agreed?

Re: As a grown, mature Muslim male.....

Yes.
    Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
    O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Soliloquy View Post
      Yes.
      That is my understanding too.

Comment

The letter of the law says you can (shari'i law that is) however I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

why you dont want to tell your parents? Although it permissible to marry without their permission.but it ll hurt them whenever they ll come to know.you should not hurt them.

Comment

Marriage is not a light decision. I honestly think you should inform your parents and family about the matter.

It's only going create problems in the long run if none of your parents are happy about the marriage.

Comment

Yes you do not need a wali or mahram, however it is probably wise to speak with your family and inshaAlla try to receive their blessings for your marriage.
              *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Ibraheem95 View Post
                CAN (i am not saying should), can i get married without telling my parents? As long as i have talked to the sisters wali and they both agreed?
                If your grown, mature Muslim male as you say then your able to speak to your parent about marriage.
                ☝🏻️اللهمَّ لك الحمد حتى ترضى، ولك الحمد إذا رضيت، ولك الحمد بعد الرضا

Comment

Originally posted by Ibraheem95 View Post
                  You can, but you'll have problems with your parents later on, they might not accept your wife and even future kids, because with who and when one gets married is important to all parents, so they basically won't be ok with you getting marriage and they're not even present.

Comment

Do u think will be any baraka doing that without informing ur parents

Comment

Yes you can but why why why would you want to cause unnecessary drama for both yourself AND ur poor future wife? Coz they ur family they will get over it (with regards to you) but they may still be unjust in some way to ur wife as she wasnt 'their choice'! Man up and speak to ur family first!

Comment

Originally posted by Beblessed View Post
                        If your grown, mature Muslim male as you say then your able to speak to your parent about marriage.
                        +1
                        And be patient, for indeed, Allah does not allow to be lost the reward of those who do good. (11:115)

Comment

marriages should be announced. you dont need your parents "permission" to get married, as a man but don't try to do it in secret as that is wrong, u bring suspcion on yourself if people see you together with your wife and the marriage hasnt been made public
                          .: Rufaida :.
                          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
                          X