The Full Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Full Package

me thinks that she needs to lower expectations sicne we are all not perfect, rather to find someone perfect why not have someone who goes the extra mile?
    something to think about?

Comment

↑I'm sure it's a "he."
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Wa Aalaikum Assalam,

Since when was it unreasonable to ask for someone you are attracted to, who loves Allah very much, and who shows intelligence thus will be firm on her deen?

What I tell brothers (and sisters) is to marry someone who is 'at their level' or above their level in the deen aspect.

When one person in the marriage is too attractive, or is far more islamic than the other, it can often times cause some problems. We see them here in this section on an almost daily basis =/.

Trust in Allah, and marry someone righteous. Certain conditions of course should go (like that family thing).
        If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
        There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

JazakAllah for all your comments and advice.

It is greatly appreciated.

Comment

I don't like this full package thing, just because a person doesn't have one quality then that means he/she isn't "full".

Comment

Originally posted by Uthmani View Post
              I don't like this full package thing, just because a person doesn't have one quality then that means he/she isn't "full".
              This!

Plus you're in Canada!
              If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
              There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Originally posted by Uthmani View Post
                :there: It's OK. We are all missing that 1 quality, that's what makes us perfect.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

These things are from Allah. Including a person's inclination towards religion. Deen is something Allah embeds into people's hearts.

Looks, intelligence, wealth, status etc are huge trial from Allah. A lot of people who have it turn their back on the deen in their arrogance and pride. I know about girls who are from good backgrounds take of their hijab because they think they are too pretty. People who are supposedly religious spend on lavish and silly things to uphold their status in the community.

The vast majority of people who accepted Islam in the early days were all poor. There were very few rich people who did accept Islam. Their wealth was a barrier for them accepting the faith.

A person should be thankful for what he has already received. Who knows if we had these things maybe we would end up murtad as well (naudhubillah) - like many muslims have.

If someone does have it then alhamdulillah, I guess they would want someone at their own level - good luck to them.

Comment

To me it seems most people dont actually know what they really want, or know whats good for them so they make a 'list' that they think is right for them.

And it surprises me how many people forget compatibility at personality level.

My advice for your friend is to keep an open mind, AND each prospective partner he meets, meet with the utmost respect. And seriously consider that persons views and see if they are compatible to his own.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCurly View Post
                      To me it seems most people dont actually know what they really want, or know whats good for them so they make a 'list' that they think is right for them.

And it surprises me how many people forget compatibility at personality level.

My advice for your friend is to keep an open mind, AND each prospective partner he meets, meet with the utmost respect. And seriously consider that persons views and see if they are compatible to his own.
                      ^^ Sensible advice.

JazakAllah Khair

Comment

Working...
                      X