Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American women and wants to marry a Palestinian man

Assamalu alaikum sisters and brothers !

I'm an African American and Asian muslimah. I'm 20 and I wear hijab. I am very religious and I love Allah (SWT) . I pray everyday on time, Alhamdulillah and I read the Qu'ran, the most amazing thing ever! Subhan'Allah ! I want to marry a Palestinian boy who is 24, but I'm very afraid of what his parents would think since I am not of Arab descent. I know most Arabs do not go out of their race and culture and I'm just very afraid. I speak English mostly, but I do know some Arabic, as I have a great female friend from Palestine. She teaches me a lot, Alhamdulillah ! I am very familiar with the culture. Is anyone else in this type of situation ? Please help !

Re: American women and wants to marry a Palestinian man

Last edited by kiduka; 07-06-12, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Walikum Asslam ,

I have not been in your situation , but I am Palestinian and what you said is very true about Palestinians noy marrying outside of their race this is just how we are !lol But , not all Palestinians are like that some are open minded but it really depends on his parents , you should talk to him and ask him ahead of time what his parents think .Because most of the time parents have picked out a bride from backhome

Comment

Originally posted by AliyaM View Post
        Assamalu alaikum sisters and brothers !

I'm an African American and Asian muslimah. I'm 20 and I wear hijab. I am very religious and I love Allah (SWT) . I pray everyday on time, Alhamdulillah and I read the Qu'ran, the most amazing thing ever! Subhan'Allah ! I want to marry a Palestinian boy who is 24, but I'm very afraid of what his parents would think since I am not of Arab descent. I know most Arabs do not go out of their race and culture and I'm just very afraid. I speak English mostly, but I do know some Arabic, as I have a great female friend from Palestine. She teaches me a lot, Alhamdulillah ! I am very familiar with the culture. Is anyone else in this type of situation ? Please help !
        :wswrwb:

Sister, if you have someone in mind, you think he'd make a good husband, he's pious and fears Allah, then send your father to his family and get things moving along.

There's no point in sitting and wondering what his parents might think of you. Whatever they think will come out after you send the proposal, so :insha: take the first step.

May Allah grant you what's best.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

What are you afraid of? Do you know him enough to decide whether you want to marry him? Does he want to marry you? If so, get married, don't worry, be happy :)

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
            X