Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter is marrying a non-Muslim man!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My daughter is marrying a non-Muslim man!!

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
    I'd buy her a turban
    Did you get beat up by a bunch of Sikhs? Because you really seem to have a grugde against them...

Comment

Originally posted by Aleeza View Post
      I know it is haram even if she stays Muslim. I have told her we aren't coming to the wedding, my husband has been doing everything and talking to her, my son has as well. The only thing it seems to be doing is making her more mad at us. She said if we really loved her we'd leave her alone and not be trying so much to stop her.
      does your daughter consider herself a muslim, especially when you wrote she said she doesnt care what her children turn out to be

Throw the bombshell on her that you wont partake in the wedding. Just dont talk to her anymore, give her the cold shoulder.

When she realises its hurting her family, she might start to change. Inshallah all the best
      Last edited by Fairy; 07-06-12, 02:52 AM.
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
      ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
      “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Isn't that against the teachings of Islam though?
        Great to see you think of islam when it suits you, im talking about temporary disowning. To make her see sense!
        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
        ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Comment

Originally posted by Sis_Asiya View Post
          why is it you seem to be generalizing a lot about how bad muslim men can be but not sikh men? Why do you seem accepting of the fact that your daughter, if she marries this man will commit zina, its not a valid marriage. Why do you not try to advise your daughter about how important her deen is as opposed to meeting some sikh guy and his family? He may have many positives but the one major negative which negates all his positives is that in this moment of time he is a kafir.

Honestly if i was in your shoes? Then i would have firstly set the foundations straight for my child, teaching the difference between eeman and kufr. Secondly, if as a grown up my child came to me and relayed the story you told us i would advise her on what is right and what is wrong, if that did not work - i would sever bonds with her. Your child is an adult and therefore is accountable for her own sins, do not commit zulm upon your own self by seeming to excuse her actions
          For the last time I do NOT accept this marriage. I have advised her as best I could, even got people at the Masjid much more knowledgable than me to talk to her, nothing worked.

And again, isn't severing ties/disowning against Islam?

Comment

w/e...
            Last edited by MoMo.; 07-06-12, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
              Great to see you think of islam when it suits you
              What have I said so far that is against Islamic teachings?

Comment

I don't know anything for sure, and I never said all Muslim men turn out to be horrible after marriage. I know they don't. My husnband didn't :)

But I know from experience that some of them do, I may not have direct contact with a lot of Muslim men but I do with their wives at the Masjid.

He doesn't have any real reason to lie to me, everything is on the table and he knows I don't support this. Even the fact that they haven't slept together yet isn't making me accept this marriage. My daughter has known him for 5 years and knows him a lot more than I do. Honestly I think you can figure a person out in 5 years, if he was horrible inside then she would have been able to pick up on it at one point or another but she claims that that's not the case.

Anyways, this is off topic. A lot of people are saying I'm wrong for being so accepting of this (even though I've made it clear multiple times that I'm against it). Put yourself in my shoes. Your daughter wants to marry a non-Muslim man, you've done everything you can to stop her and nothing has worked, she can support herself financially and kicking her out of the house won't work either. What do you do?
                Seems like you cant stop defending your daughters actions and also you can't stop praising the disbeliever. There is nothing more injust in the eyes of Allah that his slave whom he fashioned in a perfect manner, given him eyes thru which he sees, ears thru which he hears, mouth which which he speaks, tongue with which he tastes, intellect with which he can differentiate between right and wrong. Yet, his arrogance doesn't allows him to recognize his own creator while he can recognize everything beneficial and harmful for him in this world.

That is the reason, Allah has set his recognition as the condition for paradise. A person might be sinner as the worst sinner of the world... yet some day Allah will enter him into paradise, if he has recognized Allah as his lord and doesn't associate any partners with him.

However, a person can be as good as Uncle of the prophet Abu Talib, but if he has not recognized the lordship of Allah, he can never enter in Jannah.

The condition or the criteria to be successful in the hereafter is to recognize Allah and accept his Lordship in this world and not associate any partners with him. The condition to enter in Jannah is NOT goodness of a person as to how good a person is, that doesn't matter as long as He rejects Allah.

On the day of Qiyamah Allah will ask every parent about their children. Now you are vehemently defending your daughter and her actions but I wonder what will you answer on the day of Judgement about your responsibility towards your children.

May Allah save me from such children who will be a means for me to be thrown in the hell fire. Ameen
                Last edited by truepath; 07-06-12, 02:50 AM.
                لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Lady just do what you want

Please come back 6 months later and let us know how its going, would love to know.
                  My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Did you get beat up by a bunch of Sikhs? Because you really seem to have a grugde against them...
                    I have no grudge and I haven't really been beaten up in my life. Been stabbed by a white guy twice and that is all, but that was another story.

Do you like Sikhs and their hair, their bangles? LOL

Comment

• Re: My daughter is marrying a non-Muslim man!!

Last edited by .mirror.; 07-06-12, 02:52 AM.
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post

If this was my daughter, then i would try and reason with her. If she still insisted i would lock her inside the house and go break his legs. And if she still didn't stop, i would kill him. Let see how she'll marry him then...

This isn't funny...

Comment

Aleezasinghasong or whatever your name is, get in contact with these people and they'll advise you best in terms of your daughter getting married,
                          http://www.sikhunit.co.uk/

Comment

For the last time I do NOT accept this marriage. I have advised her as best I could, even got people at the Masjid much more knowledgable than me to talk to her, nothing worked.

And again, isn't severing ties/disowning against Islam?
                            no offence but is your daughter muslim? because a muslim woman does not marry a kafir. You asked the sikh guy if they had children (which Astaghfiruallah is just like what?! most mothers would be going ballistic not asking re kids!) what they would be raised as and were informed that they would not be muslim but celebrate festivals only. You realise that islam has conditions attached which make you muslim? not just about having a muslim sounding name. No joke i advise you personally to learn about islam first
                            82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

What have I said so far that is against Islamic teachings?
                              read your posts back, how you say they are made for each other, when you should clearly know that if he is not a muslim and they are not married, then its odd to say such things. Its not Allah swt will, until he reverts and they are married. then u could probably say they were made for each other
                              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post

Do you like Sikhs and their hair, their bangles? LOL
                                This guy isn't practicing. No hair/bangles.

Comment

Working...
                                X