Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter is marrying a non-Muslim man!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My daughter is marrying a non-Muslim man!!

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
    Trolls even make 4 accounts and talk to each other, I'm sure you are not new to this forum!
    hmm, yea but i didnt follow the previous troll or her story, or her posts

but this one out the blue making a rather lengthy post, seems pointless unless it is actually true
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
      OP sounds like a troll .
      not at all

OP sounds like a genuine person

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
        do they just let anyone work in islamic schools? then what is the point of the school.
        In America you cannot hire or not hire anyone based upon race, sex, age, or religion, or even handicapped person as long as they can prove they can do the job/work required.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
          In America you cannot hire or not hire anyone based upon race, sex, age, or religion, or even handicapped person as long as they can prove they can do the job/work required.
          REligious schools?? Do the same rules apply?
          My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
          ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
          “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
            troll or not it does happen. seen it myself. One of my co-workers for one. She married a non-Muslim.
            no she fornicated with a kafir, and if she believed it to be permissable she probably became one herself
            Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ice_man View Post
              tell your husband and son. Cut all your ties with this foolish girl.
              whats the justification for that islamically? i do hear of this a lot people disowning family members etc, but are we not advised to keep ties regardless of sins - even non muslims relatives do generally have some rights over us to keep ties with them & treat them well

i can understand, when relatives are always behaving in a way which is not good then dont be so close to them to visit all the time and have frequent contact but there is no need to be cutting people off, in those cases just suffices to see them now and then, be nice to them when u see them and just keep contact minimal but advise them as and when necessary?

in terms of this daughter, what kind of advice is it to cut all ties with her - perhaps this relationship will end up as a mistake and she separates from this guy then who is she going to turn to? if it was my child i would atleast want them to know that the door is open for them to come back to us for help at any time, regardless whether we are happy with the choices they have made.

how heartless to just say "cut all your ties" its not just some foolish girl thats her own child :S
              .: Rufaida :.
              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by abu saalehah View Post
                no she fornicated with a kafir, and if she believed it to be permissable she probably became one herself
                I've always wondered something about these Muslims who "marry" non-Muslims.

Such a marriage would be invalid in Islam so are they simply going though the motions in these so-called "marriage" to keep the kaffir partner happy? Because at the end of the day such a marriage is not valid so its no different to the man and woman simply moving in together and co-habiting. Bit pointless having a fake wedding when all you want to do is co-habit and fornicate.

Or do they actually believe the permissability of marriage between a Muslim woman and kaffir man? Because thats even more dangerous towards one emaan.

Comment

I learnt that it is forbidden for Sikhs to remove pubic hair which is dirty hair. They say it is blessed and from God.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71845423passport.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	10735186

Comment

Originally posted by Vishnu View Post
                    This looks like a bait to see if some Muslims would advocate honor killing, like someone saying, if it were my daughter I would have killed her the moment I saw her hugging a man in my house.
                    hmm......:scratch:

Comment

Have to agree with users who think its daughter posting this

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
                        I learnt that it is forbidden for Sikhs to remove pubic hair which is dirty hair. They say it is blessed and from God.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50400[/ATTACH]
                        isnt it fitrah to remove da pubic hair?
                        Last edited by anonymous12345; 06-06-12, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                          I've always wondered something about these Muslims who "marry" non-Muslims.

Such a marriage would be invalid in Islam so are they simply going though the motions in these so-called "marriage" to keep the kaffir partner happy? Because at the end of the day such a marriage is not valid so its no different to the man and woman simply moving in together and co-habiting. Bit pointless having a fake wedding when all you want to do is co-habit and fornicate.

Or do they actually believe the permissability of marriage between a Muslim woman and kaffir man? Because thats even more dangerous towards one emaan.

exactly - all this nonsense of "we dont even kiss or hug" is abit pointless as when your married all your sexual relations are gonna be zina anyway so whats the point of saving yourself - who you tryna impress here

Comment

An orange can look perfect from the outside but when cut open can be rotten.

It wouldn't be for any of us to give our opinion. The Holy Quran lets you know what you may already know, thus this is why the shock and fitna of her decision encompass you. I am not sure how I could answer differently than what is obvious that you asked that we not copy and paste for you.

Comment

hmmm... according to my time... the OP created the first post on this thread yesterday at afternoon at 12:02PM and OP logged in again today at 9:34AM. Logged on but didn't reply to any posts? Sounds something fishy... infact whaly.

Why can't admins check the account details, IP etc and see if its a genuine person or another troll act from previous trolls
                              لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Okay first and foremost, if you think I'm a troll, don't reply. Seriously, I'd rather have a few good replies than a bunch of worthless ones. And please, if I am a troll, stop giving me attention. That's obviously what I came here for, and you're certainly giving me what I want. Pathetic.

For the people that took the time to give good insight, I than you for your replies. There does seem to be some concern over what I've said, so I'll do my best to address some of the main criticism I've received:

1) I never said "don't give me Islamic advice", I just said that I don't want people quoting Hadiths telling me that this is wrong because I know that it is. I want to be given Islamic advice because I wouldn't want to act in a manner that is against our religion, it's just that I don't need anyone telling me that the marriage will be invalid in Islam because I am already well aware.

2) Yes my daughter who "prays 5 times a day, fasts, gives zakat, looks forward to making Hadj and teaches at an Islamic girls school" has had a secret Sikh boyfriend for 5 years now. She justifies it by saying that "he won't force his religion onto me because he has never once asked me to leave Islam".

3) When I said "a part of me feels like letting my daughter do this" I didn't mean that I would support her decision. If this marriage happens, she knows damn well that me and the rest of the family will not be present. At this time I am still doing everything possible to try and get her to change her mind. By "letting her do this" I simply mean walking up to her and saying "if this is what you truly want to do, then I will not stand in your way any longer. Go do as you wish".

4) I give credit where credit is due. The truth is that the boy is like an angel, and yes I have taken a liking to him, but that doesn't mean I approve of the marriage. At the end of my original post I made it clear that if I knew of a way to stop this marriage I would, despite what a good person he is. But so far I got nothing. And I'm not hating on the boy. He is a good person, and in his eyes he isn't doing anything wrong (because he is not a Muslim), so he is not aware how serious this is. He has actually given up more to be with my daughter than most men out there today would, and that includes many so-called "Muslim men". But again, I reiterate, just because I like him and am grateful that my daughter is with a good guy and not a horrible jerk, I would still do anything possible to stop the marriage.

5) My husband and I have done everything we possibly could to stop this. We didn't go over to the boy's family because we accept this marriage, but simply to let them know of our concerns and with the hope that they could talk some sense into the boy. Although they agree that an interreligious marriage may carry a lot of problems with it, they said they would not make their son leave my daughter if he truly loved her and wanted to marry her, and he does. We talked to our daughter's friends, and they weren't able to convince her. We contacted our Masjid and got someone knowledgable from there to talk to her (which she agreed to in exchange for me meeting the boy), and even then, she still insists on marrying him. My husband even went as far as threatening to contact the school where she works to get her fired, but she claims that they already know about this and will not be able to do anything.

6) We have not kicked her out of the house and we have no intention of "breaking all ties with her". What kind of advice is that? Isn't this against Islamic teachings anyways? Despite her mistakes, she is still my daughter and I love her deeply. I do not by any means agree with what she is doing, but the door will always be open to her, and if she goes ahead with this, I will not stop seeing her. Neither will my husband. She will be leaving by herself and moving in with the boy, but if something happens down the road we want her to know that her family still loves her and welcomes her home.

7) You can criticize me all you want for thinking that my daughter and this boy were "made for each other", but I carried her for 9 months and she's been with me now for 24 years. I've never seen her happier than when she is with him. If my daughter accepts the fact that the children will be raised non-Muslim, then they will probably be very happy together.

I really want to thank Anna and Kya, I thought you guys gave great advice, thank you! I am not about to do anything illegal to get my way. My daughter is an adult and if at the end of all this she still wants to marry him, then she will. I cannot cut her off, she needs to know that we are there for her. InshAllah she will one day come around, or the boy will, and she must know that her family still love her. And Kya, from what I know it wasn't just a one trip to the Masjid thing, this went on for months, in fact he was studying Islam well before he ever met my daughter. But you are right, something obviously sparked his interest, and maybe he came across misconceptions that threw him off, and so I will ask my husband to talk to him about it and see if he may come around. My daughter isn't going to break it off with him, and he won't break it off with her, but maybe we can get him to convert to Islam, which would be best for all.

If anyone has any other advice/something to say about what I posted, please do so.

PS: He is a non-practicing Sikh so I don't think he cares about what Sikhism says about him marrying a Muslim girl, and he cuts his hair if that makes a difference.
                                Last edited by Aleeza; 07-06-12, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X