Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter is marrying a non-Muslim man!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My daughter is marrying a non-Muslim man!!

Originally posted by Aleeza
    Don't let your daughter marry a non-Muslim man.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Let me get this clear, your daughter, who prays 5 times a day, fasts, gives zakat, looks forward to making Hadj and teaches at an Islamic girls school has had a Sikh boyfriend for 5 years and wants to marry him?

They kept this relationship a secret for 5 years but you caught them, at your house after you yourself had been delayed (and had planned to return much earlier)?

Your story sounds quite unbelievable, but based on the slim chance that it is true I would advise her to gain some formal qualifications (if she doesn't already have them) and look for another job as she will not be in her present one for much longer.

She is an adult, in the west there is no obligation under law to obey your parents, if she was mine I suspect that I would show her the door on a permanent basis as soon as the wedding was officially announced, as you will have tried all the persuasion that you can by then.

You say that his family are not Religious, in the Sikh Rehet Maryada (Code of Conduct) it clearly states that a Sikh should only marry a Sikh so perhaps she will have to convert. I suggest that you point this out to her, with evidence before any official announcement.

Comment

there is no marriage here, only zina. No such marriage would ever be acceptable to Allaah and now you see the problem, you are twisting the deen (if you re genuine) to suit your desires and the desires of your family, you are taking these desires as an ilah besides Allaah.

if you do believe such a deed to be permissable, this is actually shirk.

If you love Allaah, truly, then this is more than our families, our friends, our communities, and that means doing the right thing no matter what.

So Allaah tells us this is wrong, it is wrong. no matter how nice this boy is, he is committing the worse evil imaginable, that of shirk, of kufr and the rest of his good traits will not outweigh that on the day of judgement, nor should it with us in this life.

Your poor grasp of this point means it is likely you raised your daughter also with such a weak sense of al wala wal bara, and it is perhaps very difficult now for you to undo the damage with her but by no means can you in any way approve of this relationship, sanction it, or help her at all.

There are differences in how you and your husband might want to deal with this man and your daughter but the fact it is wrong and must be condemned is not negotiable.

He either reverts, or you want nothing to do with him and his corrupting of your daughters deen.
        Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

Islamically it is wrong and you are aware of it.Human beings are subject to all sorts of misfortunes.I know that it is extremely painful for you but you have to terminate all bonds with your daughter as the law allows her to go her way.Prayer and patience. Pray that she realises her blunders one day and light comes back to her and she seeks forgiveness from Allah s.t.,although it may be late for you.

Comment

Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
            Islamically it is wrong and you are aware of it.Human beings are subject to all sorts of misfortunes.I know that it is extremely painful for you but you have to terminate all bonds with your daughter as the law allows her to go her way.Prayer and patience. Pray that she realises her blunders one day and light comes back to her and she seeks forgiveness from Allah s.t.,although it may be late for you.
            Why?
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Is she married already? If so, I see no reason for her to continue working at the Islamic school if that's still her job, because I would see that to be completely inappropriate. Teaching the kids with someone who knows their deen correctly would be really important, rather than this sister.

And I remind myself before I remind others.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
              [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

you are wrong , you havnt helped ur daughter in any shape or form, even more you are supporting her to follow the wrong path, you should have told her father about the affair from the start,,,,,,,,, full stop.

you letting ur emotions run wild and effect ur judgment .

that's the reason Allah SWT gave the wilayaah to fathers.

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

“My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.” Imam Shafie

Comment

Originally posted by innocent_girl View Post
                  you are wrong , you havnt helped ur daughter in any shape or form, even more you are supporting her to follow the wrong path, you should have told her father about the affair from the start,,,,,,,,, full stop.

you letting ur emotions run wild and effect ur judgment .

that's the reason Allah SWT gave the wilayaah to fathers.
                  Maybe it wasn't completely all her fault because she could have tried all she could, and some daughters can just get away with so much after awhile, it is hard to control them. But then again, I don't know when the end of the line is to stop persuading someone like this to do otherwise.

I haven't read the whole story so sorry if I am wrong.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                  [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

This "story" seems to be fictional to me too :/ it's really dramatic and coincidental. Plus it's amazing how you changed your views about your daughter so fast based on fact he seems to be 'a nice guy '

But anyways...
                    Someone once said to me that in life you can get a hundred guys (boyfriends, whatever) if you wanted, but you only get parents once. So it would be a huge mistake, which I guarantee they will come to regret someday, to break bonds with your family over a boy/girl.

At this point she believes that they'r in love, cannot live without one another etc etc, but these feelings will come to pass.

Remember you are the elder, the mother of this girl. You cannot submiss to such an act when it's forbidden

Comment

Don't know why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that its so unbelieveable and must be a troll - i know situations like this in "real life", its really not that unusual

To the op - i dont see what choice you have really, despite what everyone else is saying i think you are doing the right thing. shes an adult and responsible for her own decisions. if you had happened across this 5 years earlier you could have stopped it but now after 5 years and they want to get married, its a lot more difficult.
                      What benefit will there be in cutting them off, or going crazy on them?
                      .: Rufaida :.
                      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

asalaamu alaykum

Aleeza, if your daughter gets married to a non Muslim, her marriage will not be recognised in the sight of Allah. She will be living a life of zina (Adultery) if she has any intimate relations with him. Tell her that.

Since you don't have much you can do to prevent her (due to the law of the country) - your job will be to continue reminding her that what she is doing is one of the major sins in the sight of Allah, Allah will punish an adulterer with double punishment on Judgment Day in Hell, unless they stop their sin and repent soon.

Your job will be to remind, if you can prevent it through other ways - that will also be important.

The guy being of a good personality doesn't count in the sight of Allah, if he chooses to remain on his disbelief and saying bad things and lies about Allah - that is enough of an evil.

Remind your daughter that committing zina (adultery) is a major sin like murdering someone without right is a major sin. So each time someone commits zina, they are closer to Allah's punishment and will gradually be destroyed from ways they don't expect. This is a threat from Allah in the Qur'an.

She can take the matter seriously or lightly, but Allah is watching everytime an evil is committed. So imagine how shameful it will feel to do such a sin infront of Allah everyday.

Meanwhile keep making du'a to Allah to guide your daughter, to remove the love of the haraam and replace it with love of Allah and His guidance, and the believers.
                        visit this free Muslim marriage agency thats only for practising Muslims! >> www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                          Ditto,

The guys a kaafirs heading for jahannam,

Islam does not permit the muslimeen to marry kuffar...

Troll alert...

:jkk:
                          troll or not it does happen. seen it myself. One of my co-workers for one. She married a non-Muslim.
                          Last edited by Mich; 06-06-12, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleeza View Post
                            I have no doubt in my mind that they were made for each other.
                            LOL , i highly doubt that.

Anyway is this daughter of yours in any way supposed to be you.

Comment

To 'mirror.Why? Opinions differ . Each parent, in a similar circumstance, will react in his or her own way.The only bond that cannot be broken is the biological one.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                                Don't know why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that its so unbelieveable and must be a troll - i know situations like this in "real life", its really not that unusual

To the op - i dont see what choice you have really, despite what everyone else is saying i think you are doing the right thing. shes an adult and responsible for her own decisions. if you had happened across this 5 years earlier you could have stopped it but now after 5 years and they want to get married, its a lot more difficult.
                                What benefit will there be in cutting them off, or going crazy on them?
                                very sound and reasonable advice

Comment

Working...
                                X