Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter is marrying a non-Muslim man!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My daughter is marrying a non-Muslim man!!

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
    Sorry about my joke posts before. I know he isn't religious, they'll talk to his family and such as they're Sikhs. The Gurdwara people will care a lot believe me. I knew a Sikh who was trying to hit on a Muslim sister and it was sorted this way.
    Thank you! And don't worry about before lol I know you only did it because you care :)

Comment

I know Sikhs who aren't practising, they smoke drink and whatever. But they still have sense in them, even though they're non Muslim. But this guy seems brainless, honestly and your daughter, what's up with her?

What's her view on this marriage seen as though she's very Islamic?

Comment

Originally posted by Aleeza View Post
        He does not support adultery but he does not think it should be punished, he is not homosexual but does not think it should be punished, he believes that any relationship between two consenting unmarried adults is nobodies business but their own (I guess you can say he flat out rejects the Shariah legal system), obviously he does not think Muslim women should be prevented from marrying non-Muslim, he does not know if God/Heaven/Hell exist but he feels that if they do then all good people will go to heaven regardless of religion or anything like that even if they are Atheist (which means he sees no point in converting), he doesn't really believe that any prophet got revelations from a divine source, he rejects the notion that prayer is important, he thinks that it is possible to be good and moral without religion (this one I think many Muslims will agree with but not all), and also he said he doesn't think that the supreme ruler of the universe (if there is any) cares what individuals of a species of "primates" on an insignificantly small blue planet on the edge of an infinitely large Universe do with their lives so long as they aren't hurting others. You may have guessed from that last one that he is a believer in evolution.
        Yet, your religious daughter wants to marry someone with those↑ beliefs?

What did she say when you told her her marriage is invalid, as in, it'll be zinah?
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          Yet, your religious daughter wants to marry someone with those↑ beliefs?

What did she say when you told her her marriage is invalid, as in, it'll be zinah?
          In Sikhism one of the names for God is "Allah" so she thinks that if she has the wedding in a Gurdwara and they are married then it will be valid in the eyes of Allah and all relations from then on are halal.

Comment

Sister, she cannot make up her own religion as she goes along. There's no sane scholar in Islam who says just because so-and-so people call their god Allah it's OK to marry a kafir.

Seriously, she is only fooling herself and obeying shaytaan over her Lord. If before marriage her faith has stoop to this level, then just imagine after marriage what's going to happen.

And, just to let you know, and maybe, you can let her know, she's making halal what Allah has made haram, this is VERY dangerous, enough to take one out of Islam totally.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by bluesnowman View Post
              Salaam,

As has been said above this needs to end or else I doubt Allah swt will forgive you for marrying a non Muslim man. My cousin married a white man but he had converted a few months prior to the wedding and mashallsh they are happy and have 2 little girls. Take the advice of these posters, we should do our best to follow our teachings. My advice is to end iris ave him convert or have your daughter leave this person.
              what does his color have to do with anything?
              .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
              نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Salaam,

I'm just saying because for many, it would be uncomfortable for them...that's all. But color does not have to do much with anything.
                "Knowing what you don’t know is more useful than being brilliant.”
                -Charlie Munger
                "It seems that we're better at finding someone to blame for our problems than we are at finding creative solutions to fix them.”
                -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

There is no point trying to 'convert' him or persuade/convince him to convert because for a start your own daughter does not believe in the fundamental teachings of Islam.

No point in trying to convert a guy, when our own muslima has got no true islamic teachings instilled in her.

Infact the imam and the highly knowledgeable people who are trying to 'reason' with the guy in hope that he accepts islam should try to reason with the girl. Because she was the one who was brought up with islam. She is the one who prays 5 times, fasts, teaches in islamic school etc. If one who has got all these in her rejects the fundamentals of islamic teachings then what hope is there of the sikh guy to accept islam.
                  لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                    There is no point trying to 'convert' him or persuade/convince him to convert because for a start your own daughter does not believe in the fundamental teachings of Islam.

No point in trying to convert a guy, when our own muslima has got no true islamic teachings instilled in her.

Infact the imam and the highly knowledgeable people who are trying to 'reason' with the guy in hope that he accepts islam should try to reason with the girl. Because she was the one who was brought up with islam. She is the one who prays 5 times, fasts, teaches in islamic school etc. If one who has got all these in her rejects the fundamentals of islamic teachings then what hope is there of the sikh guy to accept islam.
                    i still dont get the culprit here

she prays , fasts , wears hijab

what went wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesnowman View Post
                      Salaam,

As has been said above this needs to end or else I doubt Allah swt will forgive you for marrying a non Muslim man. My cousin married a white man but he had converted a few months prior to the wedding and mashallsh they are happy and have 2 little girls. Take the advice of these posters, we should do our best to follow our teachings. My advice is to end iris ave him convert or have your daughter leave this person.
                      Control your words because nobody has any authority to tell who Allah will forgive and who he wont.

The mother has done everything to try and prevent her daughter from going ahead. However, if she doesn't agrees then the mother can't do anything more. For you to tell that you doubt Allah will forgive her... isn't right nor it is your place to say so. Nobody can decide anything for Allah swt.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                        i still dont get the culprit here

she prays , fasts , wears hijab

what went wrong?
                        thats why i have been finding it hard to believe all the 'elements' of this story bro.

Khair may Allah save us from such trials. Ameen.

Comment

I'm quite taken aback by the reaction of the father in all of this. He seems to be handling it so calmly.

A lot of fathers would have happily beat the crap out of this guy when they found out he was trying it on with their daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                            I'm quite taken aback by the reaction of the father in all of this. He seems to be handling it so calmly.

A lot of fathers would have happily beat the crap out of this guy when they found out he was trying it on with their daughter.
                            Yeah he's not a violent person, I've never seen him raise his hand at anyone in the 20+ years that we've been married. Just as well for other people too because he's 6'6 and has been working out since he was a teen lol.

But in all honesty any guy who is going to go beat up his daughters boyfriend has serious self-control issues. Doing that isn't going to solve anything and will just make her hate you more. I feel bad for people like that, in a fit of rage they don't even know who they are anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleeza View Post
                              Yeah he's not a violent person, I've never seen him raise his hand at anyone in the 20+ years that we've been married. Just as well for other people too because he's 6'6 and has been working out since he was a teen lol.

But in all honesty any guy who is going to go beat up his daughters boyfriend has serious self-control issues. Doing that isn't going to solve anything and will just make her hate you more. I feel bad for people like that, in a fit of rage they don't even know who they are anymore.
                              i am still trying to understand "his daughters boyfriend"

and you would be upset over his "self control issues?

sounds like he needs to loosen up upside a few heads, not just the boyfriend
                              .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                              نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                                i am still trying to understand "his daughters boyfriend"

and you would be upset over his "self control issues?

sounds like he needs to loosen up upside a few heads, not just the boyfriend
                                instigation of violence.

Comment

Working...
                                X