Beautiful quotes about marriage and Islam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful quotes about marriage and Islam

You can marry a woman for her wealth but money will perish.

You can marry a woman for her beauty but beauty will fade away.

You can marry a woman for her power but power will be gone.

If you marry a pious and righteous woman who fears Allah,
    - she will honour you,
    - she will be affectionate with you,
    - she will help you to get closer to Allah.

Your love story will last forever. It will begin in this life and Insha'Allah will continue in the Hereafter.

Her love and satisfaction will be your key to Jannah (Paradise).

(http://www.PureMatrimony.com/)

Does anyone else find it beautiful that if she is a man's key to paradise (in helping him fulfill half his deen with her in marriage.. and that in attaining his pleasure through her life and obedience as his wife and a Muslimah... he is her door to Jannah... couldn't help thinking of the irony.. the key that opens the door .. they need each other's help to get there in this analogy...masha'Allah
    Last edited by carol_au; 05-06-12, 02:21 AM.
    .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
    http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Re: Beautiful quotes about marriage and Islam

Jazak Allah khayran, Carol. It is beautiful. :)

Comment

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
      You can marry a woman for her wealth but money will perish.

You can marry a woman for her beauty but beauty will fade away.

You can marry a woman for her power but power will be gone.

If you marry a pious and righteous woman who fears Allah,
      - she will honour you,
      - she will be affectionate with you,
      - she will help you to get closer to Allah.

Your love story will last forever. It will begin in this life and Insha'Allah will continue in the Hereafter.

Her love and satisfaction will be your key to Jannah (Paradise).

(http://www.PureMatrimony.com/)

Does anyone else find it beautiful that if she is a man's key to paradise (in helping him fulfill half his deen with her in marriage.. and that in attaining his pleasure through her life and obedience as his wife and a Muslimah... he is her door to Jannah... couldn't help thinking of the irony.. the key that opens the door .. they need each other's help to get there in this analogy...masha'Allah
      reminds me about, part of this ayah ukthi ...

Al-Quran, Surah Baqarah : Ayah 187
      ------------------------------------
      "... They are your garments and ye are their garments..."

What is the Function of a Garment, but to Protect and Conceal from shamelessness ...

:sub:

:jkk:
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

The Nabi :saw: told Umar(ra), "shall I tell you the best a man can treasure? It is a good wife. If he looks at her, she gives him pleasure; if he orders her, she obeys; and if he is away from her, she remains faithful to him".

[Abu Dawud]

Comment

"The best treasure is a tongue that is busy in the remembrance of Allah, a heart that is busy thanking of Allah, and a wife who helps him in faith (i.e. in Imaan and in virtuous deeds)."

[Ahmad, Tirmidhi, & Ibn Majah]

Comment

Whoever loves, hates, gives, withholds, and marries for the Sake of Allah (SWT) has then perfected his Eemaan.”

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi]

Comment

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) narrated that his Lord said: “My love is guaranteed for two who love one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who visit one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who help one another (financially) for My sake; My love is guaranteed to two who uphold ties with one another for My sake.

Narrated by Ahmad, 4/236 and 5/236; al-Tanaasuh by Ibn Hibbaan, 3/338; the two ahaadeeth were classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 3019, 3020, 3021.
              Last edited by carol_au; 05-06-12, 05:04 AM.
              .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”

Comment

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
                The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) narrated that his Lord said: “My love is guaranteed for two who love one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who visit one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who help one another (financially) for My sake; My love is guaranteed to two who uphold ties with one another for My sake.
                :sub: Let all those who seek Love, seek it for the sake of Allah ta'ala,

Comment

:jkk: for sharing sis Carol, it's really deep subhanaAllah.

Comment

A man came to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and said that "O! Prophet (pbuh), we are taking care of an orphan girl. A man came and said that two men came and asked for the hand in marriage for the orphan girl, one rich one poor, but she loves the poor man. He said that "we liked the rich man". The man said "who should I choose?" Prophet (pbuh) told him to allow the girl to marry the poor one.

The mate should not be judged on their status, or wealth.

(Ibn Majjah)

Comment

'A'isha reported:
                      Never did I feel jealous of the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) but in case of Khadija, although I did no, (have the privilege to) see her. She further added that whenever Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) slaughtered a sheep, he said: Send it to the companions of Khadija I annoyed him one day and said: (It is) Khadija only who always prevails upon your mind. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Her love had been nurtured in my heart by Allah Himself.

From Sahih Al Bukhair
                      English reference: Book 31, Hadith 5972
                      Arabic reference: Book 45, Hadith 6431

---

I've heard this hadith mentioned many times in lectures, and they always comment on the word used in Arabic for that bolded part. He said "ruziqtu hubbihaa", meaning to say Allah gave him rizq, that is love for her (Khadija radiyallahu `anhaa). So they say from that that the love a man has for his wife is rizq from Allah.
                      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

One other very beautiful hadith I heard the other day while driving, I found it moving. This is not the whole thing, just the part I heard.

Narrated 'Aisha:

Once Hala bint Khuwailid, Khadija's sister, asked the permission of the Prophet to enter. On that, the Prophet remembered the way Khadija used to ask permission, and he was overwhelmed with emotion. He said, "O Allah! Hala!"

Sahih Al Bukhari

English reference: Vol. 5, Book 58, Hadith 168
                        Arabic reference: Book 63, Hadith 3869
                        والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                          'A'isha reported:
                          Never did I feel jealous of the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) but in case of Khadija, although I did no, (have the privilege to) see her. She further added that whenever Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) slaughtered a sheep, he said: Send it to the companions of Khadija I annoyed him one day and said: (It is) Khadija only who always prevails upon your mind. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Her love had been nurtured in my heart by Allah Himself.

From Sahih Al Bukhair
                          English reference: Book 31, Hadith 5972
                          Arabic reference: Book 45, Hadith 6431

---

I've heard this hadith mentioned many times in lectures, and they always comment on the word used in Arabic for that bolded part. He said "ruziqtu hubbihaa", meaning to say Allah gave him rizq, that is love for her (Khadija radiyallahu `anhaa). So they say from that that the love a man has for his wife is rizq from Allah.
                          Originally posted by علي View Post
                          One other very beautiful hadith I heard the other day while driving, I found it moving. This is not the whole thing, just the part I heard.

Narrated 'Aisha:

Once Hala bint Khuwailid, Khadija's sister, asked the permission of the Prophet to enter. On that, the Prophet remembered the way Khadija used to ask permission, and he was overwhelmed with emotion. He said, "O Allah! Hala!"

Sahih Al Bukhari

English reference: Vol. 5, Book 58, Hadith 168
                          Arabic reference: Book 63, Hadith 3869
                          SubhanaAllah!!!! These moved me to tears

Comment

SubhanAllah. A gorgeous thread.

Jazakillah Khayr, sister Carol.
                            Shukr to Allah in abundance...

Comment

beautiful thread :love: