Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advice/help

Assalamu alaykum warah matullaah ta ala wa barakatuhu

I am a brother who faced hardship/difficulties in my life at the moment. I had married a sister in pakistan that I thought she was an ideal person as I was told many good things about her prior to marriage. When I travelled to her there and got married there problems occured after the wedding.

Their family didnt want the wedding to go ahead and my family was insulted big time. Returning back to london within the week... more problems occurs but I jus continued with my normal life. Even though I respected and praised her family - my wife even spoken rudely over the phone and it got to that point i got fed and didnt bother contacting her for months. Even though she wanted the passport to the UK - I didnt bother and continued pleasing my parents and working hard on my career. Now that I live in riyadh.. Even though I requested for a divorce time ago the family decides to ruin our reputation in pakistan making difficult for my dad to visit his mum in pakistan....

All i wanted was a practising sister who we both obey and please Allaah...

Re: Seeking advice/help

asalaamu alaykum wr wb. Ask Allah to replace you with someone better, may Allah love u bro :) learn from it and become stronger instead of weaker. Through this you learn that only Allah can be fully relied on, not the people of this world.
    visit this free Muslim marriage agency thats only for practising Muslims! >> www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

wa alaykum salaam warah matullaah...

the thing is its difficult now to marry someone now as I am in saudi and its against the law to marry a saudi when im a non saudi.

from those sisters else where- London and New york - why can I not find a suitable sister who is practising..

Comment

Brother, I think you may be mistaken. I know a boy who moved to saudi for work and met someone from there and married her...without any issues!
        However, I do not think you should marry someone else until you sort out your past issues with your 1st wife. It would be unfair to take on another wife in the middle of all this drama, dont you think?

Comment

Id rather not think about the past sister, the mashaykhs here say if you have not spoken to your wife more than 3 months it is a divorce. I am divorced islamically. Nor I want any contact with her.

the brother who went to saudi must married a non saudi whos living in saudi

Comment

Wow it's illegal to marry a saudi if your not one yourself??

Comment

yup x--x subhanAllah

Comment

Originally posted by kite runner View Post
                yup x--x subhanAllah
                What kind of law is that? Clearly not from Islam, how can they put these restirctions on people...I'm shocked.

Comment

No way! I've heard of all the racism in Saudi but that would just be crazy beyond belief.
                  [CENTER][SIZE=4]"Truly, I am Allah; there is no God but I; therefore serve Me"[/SIZE]
                  [20:14][/CENTER]

Comment

yeah its so sad :( ive heard you have to "proove" to the authorities why you want to marry this foreign person and not a saudi :/ then again many people if they had free reign to marry, could use this as a way to get a visa next thing u know saudi is full of non muslims :/

Comment

i just found this http://www.emirates247.com/news/region/saudi-law-approves-marriage-with-foreigners-2011-06-28-1.404884 which says they reversed the law but still have to proove to authorities which could take up to3 months

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                        :rofl1: sure :rofl1:
                        Last edited by *aisha*; 27-05-12, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaheer View Post
                          Id rather not think about the past sister, the mashaykhs here say if you have not spoken to your wife more than 3 months it is a divorce. I am divorced islamically. Nor I want any contact with her.

the brother who went to saudi must married a non saudi whos living in saudi
                          u need to get some clarification on that, u cant just run off and leave a woman and then claim shes divorced. u need to let the woman know whats going on, its not allowed to leave a woman hanging so she is neither married nor unmarried as Allah states in the Quran. she gave herself to u as your wife, u need to respect that and release her and make it clear to her that u are releasing her and that she is a free woman after her iddah. poor sister could be sitting there waiting for you for 20 years to return otherwise.
                          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                            and even if ur born in saudi but ur parents arent saudi, u cant have citizen ship or be a "real" saudi either. one brother from an african born family who was born in s.arabia, was refused by the saudi authorities to be allowed to go back there after he was released from guantanamo, as he wasnt considered saudi, even though he was born there, and his parents and all his family were there. so the poor brother was sent to africa where he knew no one, and his distant family didnt want to know him, and he was sleeping in the streets audu billah.

http://www.guantanamojusticecentre.c...s%20Story.html
                            Last edited by *asiya*; 27-05-12, 10:29 PM.
                            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

how in the world did you get neg repped so much? It doesn't bode well for you

Saudi Laws make no sense, the royal family needs to eat less and spend more time realizing how dumb and unislamic some laws are.
                              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Working...
                              X