Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• children and the possibility of them being non believers

slms brothers and sisters

i have a question related to the upbringing of children, if a brothers children turn out to be non believers or low in deen does that affect the brother in any way? does it depend on how hard the brother tried to instil faith in ones child ? say if the children were not sent to madrassah will that negatively affect the brothers standings in Allah (SWT) eyes ?

jazakallah

Re: children and the possibility of them being non believers

Parents should raise their children Islamicly and do their part, however in the end, these matters are in the hands of Allah.

Keep in mind bro, Nuh alaihissalam, his son did not enter Islam and this is mentioned in the Qur'aan. If it can happen to a prophet, it can happen to anyone.

But again, most important thing, we must do our part.

Wa jazak.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

if i do not send my children to madrassah and they go to jahannam will i be dragged along as well ? i have read this in some places...

Comment

You need to teach them to love and respect Allah (swt), His Prophet :saw:, and the tenets of this religion. You should make the Prophet :saw: be their role model, and not be harsh with them with regards to the religion, because they need to view it with comfort and ease, not associate it with harshness that they don't see with, for example, Christians.

You do not need to put them in a madrassah for that, you can teach them yourself, or have mom teach them. You can hire a tutor.

But yes, if you neglect your children and they go astray.... it can and most likely will be used against you on the day of judgment. Make certain your daughters wear proper hijab as well, that is something you are responsible for.
        والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Unfortunately, it does not necessarily mean that if the father/mother are very religious that the children will also turn out that way. Yes, the probability will be increased but in no way is this guaranteed!

As parents you should endevour to do your best but the rest is in the hands of Allah:)

Comment

This mostly depends on place where you live. If you live in US for instance there is a greater chance for your children to go astray trough school, "friends" and inluence of non believers. On other hand in S. Arabia there is greater chance for your children to go on a straight path. Your job is to educate them, and teach them about islam and islamic way of life, and protect them from bad friends and influences

Comment

Originally posted by brother7861 View Post
              if i do not send my children to madrassah and they go to jahannam will i be dragged along as well ? i have read this in some places...
              If you do not give your children an islaamic upbringing, then yes, you will be taken to task.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Working...
              X