Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Living with Mother In Law

Originally posted by deen1984 View Post
    be careful. the prophet (peace be upon him) said the brother-in law is death. you should not tolerate living like this for long.

Why is the brother in law death ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah3000 View Post
      Why is the brother in law death ?
      its because of the haram that wife and brother in law could fall into:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, when one of his companions wanted an exception to allow the husband’s relatives to enter upon his wife: “The in-law is death.” So we must be more cautious with regard to the husband’s relatives – including his brothers – because of the carelessness that exists with regard to this matter.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/47764/brother%20in%20law
      Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Sis Iamamuslimah, I feel for your situation and make sincere dua for you. I think Ebony made some good points already. I think if any change is to come from your MIL, it will have to be bc your husband (her son) spoke to her. It seems that she doesn't respect you as his wife. She could feel threatened by you. She isn't married so her sons are the only men in her life. Let your husband know that you are having a really hard time in this situation and, sihir or not, you NEED him to address his mother about her behavior. As long as he doesn't say anything, she probably thinks he's ok with it, which further empowers her to continue the behavior. Of course, approach in a kind and understanding way, but you must let him know how important this is bc it obvious you are extremely stressed and that's not good for you, your kids or your marriage. I hope this is helpful.
        [FONT=Century Gothic][I][SIZE=4][URL="http://nadirahangail.com/books/wwlaw/"][COLOR=#ff0000]Malikah, Aliyah, Mariam and Jaime would love to meet you! You'll never guess what they learned along the way...[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/I][CENTER]:love:[/CENTER][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by deen1984 View Post
          its because of the haram that wife and brother in law could fall into:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, when one of his companions wanted an exception to allow the husband’s relatives to enter upon his wife: “The in-law is death.” So we must be more cautious with regard to the husband’s relatives – including his brothers – because of the carelessness that exists with regard to this matter.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/47764/brother%20in%20law
          I see .

But i think many are too stubborn to do something in order to avoid this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
            you're lucky she's not making you do all the chores, that's how it is with some paki mils
            And indian. I was told in Indian culture the daughter in laws do everything.
            ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Working...
            X