Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permission From 1st Wife for 2nd Marriage (Detail answer needed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission From 1st Wife for 2nd Marriage (Detail answer needed)

Assalam-O-Alaikum!

Is it necessary for a husband to ask his 1st wife for the permission of second marriage?

Thank you!

Re: Permission From 1st Wife for 2nd Marriage (Detail answer needed)

no, but it would be common courtesy to let her know, and if you are planning to get a second wife prepare her before hand, by dicussing the blessings of polygny, the reasoning behind it, reassuring her that it doesnt mean you love her less, etc

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

You can do it, but you should still let her know (otherwise your marriage can suffer), unless it's stipulated in your marriage contract that you can't marry another wife.
      A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

of course if u live in the west cause u certainly dont want to face a law suit now do u?

Comment

Mate you don't even have a 1st wife yet stop worrying about the second.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
            Mate you don't even have a 1st wife yet stop worrying about the second.
            Hahahahahaah @ X--X how do u knw ?? .... Well ur right :( Btw m asking for my friend ..
            Last edited by irfan_bcn; 11-05-12, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by irfan_bcn View Post
              Assalam-O-Alaikum!

Is it necessary for a husband to ask his 1st wife for the permission of second marriage?

Thank you!
              No, you don't have to ASK, otherwise almost no man could get a 2nd wife. However, it would be common sense to TELL her as now she has to share your time and money with another woman. It is important for her to know in order to make adjustments and so you can divide the time properly without having to sneak around.
              Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
              Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
              [Al Quran 13:28]
              ]

Comment

Working...
              X