In love with Muslim girl. Me undecided

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In love with Muslim girl. Me undecided

Hey I'm a none believer for now, but I have never looked or tried to look into religion. I have falling in love with this Muslim girl. But we are not bf and gf as I know this is not the right thing to do, and so does she, she told me this of course. But one day I would like to marry her and she says the same. I would like advice on how I should go about this, am willing to do a lot to make this work, and will read the Quran soon!
    Any advice or anyone who has been through the Sam would be great to hear from. Thanks for your time.

Re: In love with Muslim girl. Me undecided

Can i ask you some questions first?...

What is your or your families religion & do you practice any religion?
    Would they be in favor of you becoming a muslim & leading a muslim lifestyle?
    If yes, then half the battle is won. If not, then would you be prepared for that?

Is the girls' family very religious and would they accept you as a husband for their daughter?
    Is the girl fully prepared to fight for you should her parents reject this notion?

The reason I ask is because you have to work thru a lot and think these things thru before thinking of marriage.
    Islam is not meant to be a complicated religion at all and if you truly wish to become a muslim then that is very commendable indeed. But it is a religion that should be done when one is fully ready to commit to it and not just for the sake of getting married to a girl. If you do join the fold then... Welcome!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, well my family is church of England but are not religious at all, I used go church when little but not for long time now. My family will accept anything I choose to do, I'm yet to meet her family but she tells me they will like me:).
      And she tells me that there is no one else she ever want to be with. So I think we can make it work.
      I'm still undecided on me becoming a Muslim tho, I'm starting to read the Quran and need to start talking to more Muslims about it, I know that if I was to be religious I would choose Islam, I just making sure I'm choosing this religion for the right reasons. And not too just be in the good books for this girl and her family.

I not going to make this decition lighty as it is a serious one, but I can see myself in the near future seeing the light!

Comment

hey there :) I was a christian by name but not by practice and when I learned about Islam I knew it was the truth that I had been searching for. All I can suggest to you is to follow your heart on this one - if you learn about Islam and you feel it speaks to you in a way you have never felt before then seek to become a muslim. I can only advise you no to do such a big thing for this girl alone but for yourself too. you seem to me to have a clear mind about what you want for your future and I think you should learn about Islam for yourself and then see where to go from there - you could try a few videos about the basic principles of Islam and videos of peoples accounts who have converted to Islam to get an idea as to what to expect (youtube is a good starting point :)) and if this is what you decide to do then please know that everyone here on the forum is really friendly if you ever need any advice or you want to talk to other people who know what you are going through then please do stay on the forum and get to know some of the brothers I'm sure they would be glad to advise you! good luck on your decision and I hope that you learn all that you need to know :)
        Abu Harayrah reported that Allah's Messenger SAW said, "Do you know what backbiting is?" The Companions replied, "Allaah and His Prophet alone know." He said, "It is mentioning about your brother what he dislikes." One of the Companions asked, "What if what I say about him is true?" He replied, "If what you say about him is true, you have backbitten, and if it isn't true you have slandered him." Backbiting is Haraam because it is an attack on a Muslim's honour. It exposes weaknesses which need not be exposed. it lowers him in the eyes of others. Backbiting is the most common sin which goes by without notice. Instead of slandering ones brother - pray for his weakness and guide him in that which he sees not.:up:

Comment

Read this; http://searching-islam.com/islam
          A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheSidelines View Post
            Hey I'm a none believer for now, but I have never looked or tried to look into religion. I have falling in love with this Muslim girl. But we are not bf and gf as I know this is not the right thing to do, and so does she, she told me this of course. But one day I would like to marry her and she says the same. I would like advice on how I should go about this, am willing to do a lot to make this work, and will read the Quran soon!
            Any advice or anyone who has been through the Sam would be great to hear from. Thanks for your time.
            She can never marry you unless you become a Muslim.

Comment

Well you got it quite easy, compared to most other converts.

Read the Qur'an and the Biography of the Prophet SAW
              Here is probably the best biography PDF

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...dclBfXiu5NH_WA

Comment

In addition to what people have said, just want to point out that oy uboth should not see each other, because any form of interaction between a man and a woman who are not related in not allowed in Islam, unless for a real necessity. So, since you both "like" each other, you have to control yourself and so does she. She is a Muslim and as a Muslim it's not allowed for her to interact with a strange man like this.

I hope you can do that.

May Allah guide you to Islam.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Hey all thanks for giving me your time, and I have been reading the Quran for last few hours and going to look at videos and such on YouTube and other sources in the up coming days.
                  Just saying that If it wasn't for us meeting and taking I would have never met her or got to this persition in life, so I'm sorry if anyone finds this offensive but we will see each other as friends and go movies or what ever, but strictly as friends, she is not from a very conservative family and we think this is ok. We think it's the only way to see if you want to spend your life with someone. so this is a necessity to us, saying that we see each other like once every 4 weeks at most and just email and phone other times.
                  To my knowledge Islam is interpreted differently by many people and I will try to understand it to my best, but something's I just will not change on. Hope you understand what I mean and I'm trying my best with this as it will be a huge change to my life style.
                  I am very thankful for your guys giving me advice and I'm know I will be needing more lol. Please remember this is very new to me and I'm doing my best:).

Comment

My friend, you are not a Muslim, but she is. Her God will question her about what she did, and going out to movies with a non-related man is not allowed. So, if you care about her, you'd not do something like that, in the first place.

Also, there's only one Islam.
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

I didn't know anything about Islam before I met her. And yes there is only one Islam but like the world the religion has changed with modern times, I do know this much. Do not get me wrong and please don't be like that cause it's not becoming of you. I'm trying to learn how to be a good Muslim and I need advice not insults.
                      It looks like I will be a Muslim soon and we will live together happy and respectfully in the eyes of god.

Comment

I didn't know anything about Islam before I met her. And yes there is only one Islam but like the world the religion has changed with modern times, I do know this much. Do not get me wrong and please don't be like that cause it's not becoming of you. I'm trying to learn how to be a good Muslim and I need advice not insults.
                        It looks like I will be a Muslim soon and we will live together happy and respectfully in the eyes of god.
                        The religion has not changed. If it was modernized than there would be flaws in it. Islam is flawless. If it was modernized like Christianity etc you nor we should follow it because everything man touches is flawed.

The Brother isn't insulting more or so looking out for the Sister because she is being put in Sin.

May Allah make guide you. Ameen

Comment

No one is insulting you, my friend. Like the brother said above, it's to prevent the sister from committing sins.

Laws of Allah do not change with the time, that's one thing about Islam that is unique. We practice the same religion that was practiced 1400 years ago.

You can become a Muslim without doing anything that is against Islam or making her do something that is prohibited.

Comment

Sorry but I don't understand why you saying I'm putting her in sin? She introduced herself to me and started our friendship, which I'm very thankful for we never see each other alone but with her sister present.
                            Would you guys please tell me how you think I should go about this then? Thank you for your time:)

Comment

-Don't hang out with her anymore.
                              -If you believe In one God and you believe in his messengers (Mohammad SAW Jesus AS etc) and the heere after
                              -Go to local masjid/mosque and say your Shahada (declaration of Faith)
                              -Continue learning about Islam
                              -Ask her father for her hand.

I think Brother Mirror would agree with me on saying the Shahada first and then studying Islam.
                              Last edited by .Kid.; 07-05-12, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X