Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Concerns of a brother, part III

Originally posted by x--x View Post
    I am eagerly awaiting Part IV. Please upload it ASAP.
    Part IV will be right before a meeting with a potential, lol.

Comment

Btw - it doesn't matter if you can't talk about girly things. I'm sure all meetings before marriage are full of sweaty palms and erms and ums. Doesn't mean you're boring.

Talk about something neutral...like the samosa you're eating :D

Comment

I got the same problem, I'm really interested in history,culture, and stuff like that. However I cling to the hope that women don't want an uncultured man for their husband so I'm all good. I'm sure women will appreciate you being more cultured than a man who's just into the same thing as every other guy is.

By cultured I mean that you think outside the box and know many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitriolic_Sage View Post
          Good to know...this is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks.

I'm guessing you still have stuff you can talk about...?

But I'm worried about the meet-n-greets between potentials. Once you're married you don't have to talk to each for the rest of your lives...the deal is sealed (just kidding, lol). But before you get married...I can't really carry a conversation. I'm not that smooth, I don't have 'game'.
          that doesn't matter. You'll probably eventually find something to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitriolic_Sage View Post

I'm guessing you still have stuff you can talk about...?

But I'm worried about the meet-n-greets between potentials. Once you're married you don't have to talk to each for the rest of your lives...the deal is sealed (just kidding, lol). But before you get married...I can't really carry a conversation. I'm not that smooth, I don't have 'game'.
            Of course we do. He's my best friend.

I may not understand the first thing about his work, nor does he understand my work. But we still talk to each other about it.

That's the same with most things.

I don't think it's even about shared interests - its more about being a good talker, listener, being interested in different topics, issues etc
            https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

check out this post http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...54#post4393754

Comment

Working...
              X