Converts to island& salah.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converts to island& salah.

How long did it take you as a new convert to Islam to learn your salah prayers? How old were you at the time. Did your future in laws have anything to say on the matter?

Can a moderator edit the title please it should have read converts to Islam and salah, i forgot my phone spellcheck went and altered it.
    Last edited by Goldfinger; 09-04-12, 09:10 AM.
    Never have any regrets you only get one shot at life this ain't no rehersal!

Re: Converts to island& salah.

It took me some months to start praying and I was around 16 years old back then. The problem was that I should of started practicing before I took the shahada so I come into Islam with full force but Allah's qadr. I'm 18 now so I have no in-laws yet. A Pakistani family whom I'm close too kind of spiritually adopted me and I met their extended family. They don't seem to have anything to say about me except that they feel slightly ashamed that I'm firm upon the deen while facing hardships. Though I doubt that's the same as in-laws..

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfinger View Post
      How long did it take you as a new convert to Islam to learn your salah prayers? How old were you at the time. Did your future in laws have anything to say on the matter?

Can a moderator edit the title please it should have read converts to Islam and salah, i forgot my phone spellcheck went and altered it.
      About a month to learn to prayer.

Late 30s.

My future in-laws were nice and encouraging to me, bought me books, A "Meaning of Al Quran" in English, a prayer mat and they have continued in this way.

Comment

Originally posted by abubakarbristol View Post
        About a month to learn to prayer.

Late 30s.

My future in-laws were nice and encouraging to me, bought me books, A "Meaning of Al Quran" in English, a prayer mat and they have continued in this way.
        A month sorry really fast . I wish my mother was as nice and encouraging as yours were.
        Never have any regrets you only get one shot at life this ain't no rehersal!

Comment

Working...
        X