Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever rejected a marriage proposal only to REALLY regret it afterwards ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1n5p1r3
    replied
    Re: Have you ever rejected a marriage proposal only to REALLY regret it afterwards ?

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    :wswrwb:

Cheer up.

Whoever Allah has written for you, will be yours. No force or power in this universe can separate you or prevent you both from coming together. In fact, all the power in the universe will work together to bring you both together, just because the whole universe is subservient to the Creator, , and whatever is the will of Allah will come to pass, no matter what.

So be happy, innit? ;)
    Yes inshallah, jazakallah khair Sr

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied
    Re: Have you ever rejected a marriage proposal only to REALLY regret it afterwards ?

Originally posted by 1n5p1r3 View Post
    Salaam,
    Im new to this forum and this topic is exactly what I am going through :(
    :wswrwb:

Cheer up.

Whoever Allah has written for you, will be yours. No force or power in this universe can separate you or prevent you both from coming together. In fact, all the power in the universe will work together to bring you both together, just because the whole universe is subservient to the Creator, , and whatever is the will of Allah will come to pass, no matter what.

So be happy, innit? ;)

Leave a comment:

• 1n5p1r3
    replied

Salaam,
    Im new to this forum and this topic is exactly what I am going through :(

Leave a comment:

• Elegance.
    replied

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
    My conclusion after reading this comment is that people who have this kind of mentality should prefer to stay single .
    Brother, why should a person prefer to stay single if they follow the teachings of Islam by loving Allah SWT and Rasool SAW more than any being on the planet ??

Either you have misunderstood what the brother/sister is saying or do not have the correct knowledge to understand what they are saying.

Leave a comment:

• ibn Nasroon
    replied

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
    My conclusion after reading this comment is that people who have this kind of mentality should prefer to stay single .
    How so? What the bro/sis said is on point.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied

Originally posted by deenlover1 View Post
    SubhanAllah a lot of nice advice here

The main thing I learned from my experience is that to think about how much time importance we give to a *particular* person when Our Lord and our Beloved Prophet is more worthy of our Time and affections. Imagine we actually started to Love Allah and the Prophet the way we do towards opposite gender then InshAllah we can grow stronger in our Faith, and will benefit in this life and Hereafter inshAllah :)

Leave a comment:

• Fairy
    replied

You realise it wasnt meant to be and thats why you said no, and also maybe you're regretting it for other reasons that have nothing to do with the person you rejected. Maybe other fears...you'll get over it :/

Leave a comment:

• deenlover1
    replied
    SubhanAllah a lot of nice advice here

The main thing I learned from my experience is that to think about how much time importance we give to a *particular* person when Our Lord and our Beloved Prophet is more worthy of our Time and affections. Imagine we actually started to Love Allah and the Prophet the way we do towards opposite gender then InshAllah we can grow stronger in our Faith, and will benefit in this life and Hereafter inshAllah :)

Leave a comment:

• Abda
    replied

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
    Never.

I dont have regrets.

I havent experienced any major milestone in life without ever asking Allah (swt) for guidance.

I have never prayed for anything specifically i.e. please make it possible for me to get into xyz University or get married to xyz person.

I always ask Allah (swt) to give me what is best for me. I don't have knowledge of the future. I do not know what's best for me. I don't know how I may be in 5-10 years time. So, for that reason. I would never ask for anything without adding - "Only make it happen, if YOU (swt), know its best for my deen and dunya".

For that reason, when I reflect back to my past...I am only grateful that Allah (swt) protected me.

There's one particular brother that I was interested in marrying. He is now married to someone else.

I thank Allah often that I never ended up getting married to him - nothing actually physically stopped us. Just circumstances.

I have 110% belief that what happens after I make sincere dua - is ALWAYS in my best interest.

Marshallah sister,

It must be wonderful to not have any regrets.
    I think sometimes its easier to not have regrets whereby we can see/feel that we were saved from what could have been a bad situation or given another route that leads onto better things. But when you cant tell the benefits to you of a circumstance, thats when most people have regrets!

The best thing is to try and not to dwell on such.

Leave a comment:

• LondonGal
    replied

Never.

I dont have regrets.

I havent experienced any major milestone in life without ever asking Allah (swt) for guidance.

I have never prayed for anything specifically i.e. please make it possible for me to get into xyz University or get married to xyz person.

I always ask Allah (swt) to give me what is best for me. I don't have knowledge of the future. I do not know what's best for me. I don't know how I may be in 5-10 years time. So, for that reason. I would never ask for anything without adding - "Only make it happen, if YOU (swt), know its best for my deen and dunya".

For that reason, when I reflect back to my past...I am only grateful that Allah (swt) protected me.

There's one particular brother that I was interested in marrying. He is now married to someone else.

I thank Allah often that I never ended up getting married to him - nothing actually physically stopped us. Just circumstances.

I have 110% belief that what happens after I make sincere dua - is ALWAYS in my best interest.

Leave a comment:

• elitealot
    replied

Originally posted by Elegance. View Post
    .. and felt like you made a huge mistake... because for some reason it felt like Allah SWT had sent you that person and without taking the time out to ponder over the offer or even ask for guidance from Allah SWT you made a quick decision on impulse. Potentially the wrong one ? Because you didn't really think it over at all. And now there's no going back.

Has this ever happened to you?

If yes, what did you do afterwards and how did you get over it ?

Any beneficial advice will be helpful.

Jazakallah kair in advance.

Salaam Alaikum.
    No point regretting such things, just learn from experience, move on and try to use your experience to make a better choice next time.

Leave a comment:

• Abda
    replied

If you keep questioning yourself this way then you will never get any peace or contentment in ur life.
    Maybe Allah saved you from making a huge mistake (for that be grateful) or maybe this rishta was sent your way and you turned it down so maybe you wont ever find someone equal or better again. Either way, theres no point in crying over spilt milk as you cannot change any of it!

If only we had a time machine...I would change sooo many things:)

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

Yes, only ever once, but its not a regret. Its a strange feeling of contentment and happiness for him and his wife.

I didnt reject him and he didnt reject me, it was just circumstances, or rather that the Qadr of Allah swt that things have ended up the way they have, and even now, there, is a lot of mutual respect, contentment, and peace Alhumdollilah.

Our families are close, Alhumdollilah since then, we've grown even closer.

You ask Allah swt to divert you heart from everything and anything that takes your attention away from Him swt. If a man is meanr for you in your taqdeer, then believe you me, things will work out in such a way that you will end up married to him.

And if he isnt, then you can move heaven and earth, but you wont be together.

Nothing is difficult for Allah swt, so please dont waste precious moments of your life worrying about something that has already been decreed. Focus on Allah swt and be grateful for all the blessing that you already in your life, and make abundant dua.

If things are meant for you, it will fall into place and if not, then Allah swt will bless you with something even better, and immense contentment and peace. Insha'Allah. Trust me :inlove:

Leave a comment:

• oz99
    replied

If you didn't marry them then obviously they weren't the right person for you.

Otherwise why would you reject the proposal? It simply does not make any sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• i.badat
    replied

Wa Alaikumus Salaam,
    There is no one stopping you still asking for guidance from Allah SWT, the practising brothers and sisters are unlikely to have hearts filled with pride and ego that they cannot forgive for rejecting the 'initial' proposal'..

First see what Allah says about the matter, do Istikharah..

May Allah bring for you what is the best for your life today and tomorrow in the Akhirah..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X