X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: divorced or widow? NEVER!

Originally posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post
    Alhamdulillah there will always be good people in the ummah, people who go against the grain....so i don't think anyone needs to worry if men like that reject sisters. It's good cos those sisters deserve someone who will treat them as human beings, respect them and cherish them. It just filters people out really whereas never married people would find it harder to filter a good marriage partner out. It seems widowed and divorced sisters tend to know more about what to look for next time as well, or at least they should through experience.

Also I feel that reverts who are not south asian/arab would probably be more open minded about this issue compared to indo pak arab brothers who are affected by their culture quite heavily which looks down upon divorced women, yes, even in the west. I would say there are a few like my brother who has never been married but is now married to a divorcee who is older than him but then he is not a typical cultural person....quite independent minded mashAllah :)
    Is your brothers wife really humble and modest? Cos alot of divorcees and Widows are which is a good thing obviously.

Comment

well u see the thing is men want virgin women... i mean tbh even i wud like my wife to be a virgin.. the though of someone else being with her before disgusts me

Comment

Originally posted by F50Magista View Post
        well u see the thing is men want virgin women... i mean tbh even i wud like my wife to be a virgin.. the though of someone else being with her before disgusts me
        Yes subhan Allah same with me. the thought that my hubby is being with someone else ( an ex or 2 nd wife) then come to me : saying, doing the same stuff he did with someone else unbearable for me. I wouldn't say disgusting me though ;fearing it might be unacceptable word for what Allah makes halal
        But I know this thing not for me
        Last edited by myeverything; 25-08-14, 08:45 AM.
        How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
          Yes subhan Allah same with me. the thought that my hubby is being with someone else ( an ex or 2 nd wife) then come to me : saying, doing the same stuff he did with someone else unbearable for me. I wouldn't say disgusting me though ;fearing it might be unacceptable word for what Allah makes halal
          But I know this thing not for me
          Wait, isn't having a second wife the norm in Saudi society? How is our your so against it? Are you studying in an American university or do you have cable TV?
          Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
            Wait, isn't having a second wife the norm in Saudi society? How is our your so against it? Are you studying in an American university or do you have cable TV?
            I would never be against smth Allah makes halal but it's just not a situation i want to live in insha Allah
            And no i refused american nationality
            And if u go away from ur cable TV u would know that there's no norm in Saudi at all levels

Ps Discuss the topic itself plz not me
            How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Interesting points the OP brought up. I never knew the Prophet (SAW) refused Abu Bakr (RA) to marry his daughter due to age.
              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

The OP has passed away

Please make a separete thread if anyone wish to discuss this
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Working...
                X