Honesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honesty

I had a discussion in regards to marriage with my cousin today and I guess I just wanted to know your views on this brothers as I actually don't know what most people think on this matter..

How many of you will want to know if a girl is a virgin before you marry her?

How many will only marry a virgin?

Re: Honesty

:salams

We've had these kinds of thread before.

You might want to sift through them:

Would you marry a Muslim girl who committed (haram Zina) and later repented

would a muslim man marry a non-virgin muslim girl?

How important is virginity to you?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by eshaM View Post
      I had a discussion in regards to marriage with my cousin today and I guess I just wanted to know your views on this brothers as I actually don't know what most people think on this matter..

I would like to know if she is a virgin

I would highly prefer a virgin
      Please Donate As Much Money As You Can To Syria:
      http://www.justgiving.com/Syria-Emergency-Relief
      http://www.justgiving.com/Syria100K

Comment

I am married already and got no plans on taking a 2nd anytime soon, however a virgin wife is preferable, and is something we should look for as men and its been mentioned in authentic narrations.

But as something to look for its far behind deeni traits such as being firm upon tawhid, following the Quran and sunnah, doing 5x salaah, enjoining the good and forbidding the munkar, having a good character etc.

Seriously, some brothers are obsessed with this, to the extent they'll rush off to pakistan or wherever to make sure their they get a virgin bride, sometimes not even caring if she prays or covers, or even if she is upon tawhid but ignore so many good deeni sisters closer to home.
        Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

Everyone assumes though a virgin has commited Zina :scratch:

Prehaps its not always the case, and some reverts not all but some have already have intercourse before they took shahadah, then come to islaam and lived as a chaste muslim.

So should they be counted out ?

this virgin business is rubbish really, Sex outside marriage is haraam. but sometimes its not always zinaa
          And He found you lost and guided you,
          ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
          " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
          ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

=
            wouldn't mind someone who was previously married and kept everything within marriage

but not someone who has commited zina, unless they're a revert

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
            www.QuranicAudio.com
            www.Quran.com

Comment

Here's the thing , if a girl is not chaste. Then her heart will always stay with the man she had relations with. Women are just made like that. You can't help it. So I think the virginity of a women is extremely important for that reason. As for men, I'm not to sure if there heart stays with the girl they had relations with. But I've heard about how men will have relations with a women then stay away from them after he gets what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Masih View Post
                Here's the thing , if a girl is not chaste. Then her heart will always stay with the man she had relations with. Women are just made like that. You can't help it. So I think the virginity of a women is extremely important for that reason. As for men, I'm not to sure if there heart stays with the girl they had relations with. But I've heard about how men will have relations with a women then stay away from them after he gets what he wants.
                Who told you that?
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I don't think that is true. Of course you don't want to marry someone who is in love with someone else, but having loved someone in the past or had relations with them does not mean your heart will always be attached to them.
                  Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

I think you mean chaste. If you say virgin, then you are excluding the divorcees and widows.

As long as the sister is chaste, then it doesn't matter. Even if she has a past, as long as she repented and is trying to better herself it shouldn't matter. But if a brother is chaste and wants a chaste sister, then that's fine too! Everyone is different, so just go with what you can handle. And if it's only virgin, then in shaa'Allah Khayr....but also try to open your view so you accept chaste.
                    [RIGHT][SIZE=4]فباي الاء ربكما تكذبان[/SIZE][/RIGHT]

Comment

So every widow and divorcee who re-marries, loves their previous husband and not their current one?

I think that you haven't thought about the subject very hard, you are just justifying your preconceived ideas, and you are not alone.

It might be a hard start to marriage for a man who has maintained his virginity until marriage, to find that his bride has not; but to make spurious rules and nonsensical judgements about the whole issue is not helping the issue.

If I take a second wife, I will not expect her to be a virgin, I will expect her to be a divorcee or widow, I am not looking in the direction of young virgins for a future wife but if Allah has marked a virgin for me there is nothing I can do about it except thank him, and except what I am given.

Comment

In Islam , Marriage is very important matter . It is obvious that it is a Sunna of Mohammad (SM ) .

Free Sunni Muslim Matrimony/Dating Site http://www.MarryASunni.com

Comment

Always be completely honest. Hiding things before marriage will only cause problems later. Be clear, as marriage can cause a lot of changes in life.

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                          Everyone assumes though a virgin has commited Zina :scratch:

Prehaps its not always the case, and some reverts not all but some have already have intercourse before they took shahadah, then come to islaam and lived as a chaste muslim.

So should they be counted out ?

this virgin business is rubbish really, Sex outside marriage is haraam. but sometimes its not always zinaa
                          Actually, there are evidences talking about such things.

There is a difference in islam between a deflowered woman, and a woman who has not been deflowered. Rules are a bit different.

And obviously, then there is the zaani (the one who did zina).
                          If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                          There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/27173

Comment

Jzk Mirror for the links

Comment

Working...
                              X