Life is not worth of living anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is not worth of living anymore.

Life doesn't seem like as it use to be before. It seems like a waste and no need of a living. I am going through very much. I have gone through a lot for the past 5 years and went through depression, anxiety, etc. However, I tried my best in praying 5 times daily, and in result despite the fact praying all the time I gained nothing but pain and sorrow. I don't know where to go and what to do. I am always crying and seeking someone's help but its not worth it. Whenever I sit down alone to do something, my mother would approach me and bring old memories of my critical situations share with me. She is always worried about my rishta and all. I don't really know what to do. I am always depressed. I feel like as if nothing is leting me change myself. I really don't know what to do. I mean am looking forward to change but it seems like its not worth it and it would never be able to change. I am not liking the enviornment due to the depression and anxiety. Can someone please be kind enough to tell me what to do in this situation?

Thanks
    Last edited by Pain&Sorrow; 27-03-12, 06:43 PM.

Re: Life is not worth of living anymore.

http://www.sakoon.co.uk/index.html <-- my recommendation for dealing with depression, anxiety, pain and sorrow etc.

This life is a prison for the believers, and sometimes all you can do is focus on the next life, which is infinitely better than this one alhamdulillah. So stay steadfast in Islam, keep trusting in Allah, ask Allah to heal you from your sorrow, depression and anxiety, and also get counselling inshaAllah (preferably from an Islamic counselling service) because that's a really good treatment for depression and anxiety and similar inshaAllah. That can help you a lot in moving forward inshaAllah.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Some people treat Allah like a geeni in a bottle. Pray this dua and you get this, if I make salah five times a day, Allah should make my life better. We are not worshiping Allah so we get a reward in this life. Do you really want your rewards given to you in this life when it would be better to have them in the akhirah? When you suffer more here and are patient you will get rewards for that and have you sins taken away. That is a mercy and a blessing and something to cause you to turn back to your Lord. Living life for this dunya is not really worth living, you are right. We will be here a short time, have some pleasure and pain, then die. But we are not living to build a life here, we are living to build a home in the akhirah. We are on this planet to worship Allah, to glorify Him, to praise Him, to be thankful to Him, to be amazed by Him. It is only in the remembrance of Allah and fulfillment of tawheed that we will find peace in this world, then comes the first jannah, the jannah of this world. It's the feeling of tranquility that comes with trusting Allah as disposer of your affairs, it comes from loving Allah and Him loving you. If we don't reach this first jannah, then we are unlikely to reach the second jannah after death. If we are only chasing our own desires, it is all at loss, this world and the next. So do what you are meant to do, strive towards Allah. That is the only success.
      Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

well, you sound like me no so long ago, i would question pain, suffering and why it exists.. but the short answer is if you have a few pounds to spare then can you buy this book

Daily Wisdom: Sayings of the Prophet Muhammad [Hardcover]
        Abdur Raheem Kidwai (Author)
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Daily-Wisdom.../dp/1847740189

oh yes btw its not a book... well not exactly.. it will point you the right way :)
        and also dont get pushed into something that you dont want to do ;)
        -Pm me if you feel that the book doesnt help.. but give it a shot and let me know .

Comment

Originally posted by Pain&Sorrow View Post
          Life doesn't seem like as it use to be before. It seems like a waste and no need of a living. I am going through very much. I have gone through a lot for the past 5 years and went through depression, anxiety, etc. However, I tried my best in praying 5 times daily, and in result despite the fact praying all the time I gained nothing but pain and sorrow. I don't know where to go and what to do. I am always crying and seeking someone's help but its not worth it. Whenever I sit down alone to do something, my mother would approach me and bring old memories of my critical situations share with me. She is always worried about my rishta and all. I don't really know what to do. I am always depressed. I feel like as if nothing is leting me change myself. I really don't know what to do. I mean am looking forward to change but it seems like its not worth it and it would never be able to change. I am not liking the enviornment due to the depression and anxiety. Can someone please be kind enough to tell me what to do in this situation?

Thanks
          Do not despair of the Mercy and Forgiveness of Allah ta'ala, brother/sister, for only the Kuffar would lose all hope ...

Surah Yusuf, Chapter 12 : Ayah 87
          ----------------------------------
          "O my sons! Go you and enquire about Yusuf (Joseph) and his brother, and never give up hope of Allah's Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve."

remember also the Promise of Allah ta'ala, and the fact that he will test our Imaan in various ways ...

Al-Quran, Chapter 2 : Ayah 155
          -------------------------------------
          And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).

This is a test you cannot afford to loose.

be patient and steadfast whatever comes your way ...

Muhammad :saw: said, "How wonderful is the situation of the believer, for all his affairs are good. If something good happens to him, he gives thanks for it and that is good for him; if something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience, and that is good for him. This does not apply to anyone but the believer.

(Sahih Muslim)

:jkk:
          Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 28-03-12, 12:31 AM.
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Ya I understand what you all ary thanksful for your feedback that too a positive one. The thing is that no matter how hard I strive to pray and become successful, at the end of the day I go crashing down and loose faith. I don't know why. My depression and anxiety continues to hunt me down and I just can't feel likve living and more.

Sometime I don't feel like as if am living. My brain is always thinking thinking and thinking. I have no clue what's with me :(

Comment

:salams

visit this http://www.ruqyashariyah.org/forum/ and check to make sure its not black magic...
              Game over. I'am out. sorry for my wierd posts

Account Disabled

Comment

Originally posted by inprogress View Post
                Some people treat Allah like a geeni in a bottle.
                its best not to say that inshallah it comes across as insulting. sorry even if u didnt intend to

Comment

Ya I understand what you all ary thanksful for your feedback that too a positive one. The thing is that no matter how hard I strive to pray and become successful, at the end of the day I go crashing down and loose faith. I don't know why. My depression and anxiety continues to hunt me down and I just can't feel likve living and more.

Sometime I don't feel like as if am living. My brain is always thinking thinking and thinking. I have no clue what's with me :(
                  Do you think there are things that need changing when it comes to your health, diet, and life circumstances that might help you get out of this?
                  Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

Originally posted by Pain&amp;Sorrow View Post

:salams

Engage in Zikr to avoid negative thoughts
                    And trust Allah, thats what will get u throu inshAllah
                    Know that Allah :swt: loves us sooooooooooo much and will do what's good for us
                    :) if u turned to Salah due to depression then that's amazing
                    Keep doing that because a Shaykh once said that a calamity that makes u turn to Allah is no longer a calamity, it's a blessing leading u to Allah inshAllah
                    7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
                    Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

Asalaamu alaikum

Read these as soon as ur mind goes overcharge

In al-Saheehayn it was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when he felt distressed:“La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem (there is no god except Allaah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allaah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne).”

And it was reported from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when something upset him:“Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom, bi Rahmatika astagheeth (O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help).”

And it was reported that Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Shall I not teach you some words to say when you feel distressed? ‘Allaah, Allaah, Rabbee laa ushriku bihi shay’an (Allaah, Allaah, my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him).’

”It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety)’- but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pREic...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ujQk...e_gdata_player

Give up hope in anything other than the remembrance of Allah swt bringing u happiness and contentment..
                      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by inprogress View Post
                        Do you think there are things that need changing when it comes to your health, diet, and life circumstances that might help you get out of this?
                        anxiety and depression often is not caused by the situation that someone is in, sometimes it can be (e.g. if you have a very stressful place of work, when you leave that place it can go away) but usually it's more deepseated than that and in some cases counselling can help the person to get past it completely, although in other cases it may not help so much (but it can significantly improve things in the majority of cases inshaAllah).

A lot of people assume that it's just an emotion or temporary state of mind, or something you can just snap yourself out of ---- everyone who suffers from it really wishes that was the case, but it's not.

OP - inshaAllah please look into the Islamic counselling service that I linked to, because it really can help alhamdulillah. Any good quality mental health counselling can help, but IMO Islamic counselling is better because a) your counsellor is a practicing Muslim who can include anything from Islam that may benefit you as you go through the treatment inshaAllah and b) your counsellor understands how mental health affects you *as a Muslim* including problems like low emaan (mental health problems can be really draining and leave you with low emaan, subhanAllah) and can suggest things that can help you with that. Non-Muslim counsellors can't do that, and even though they can be very understanding and sympathetic to Islam and your desire to practice it well, they don't have a huge amount of understanding of Islam or where you want to be in terms of emaan, practicing etc. So I really recommend it inshaAllah. This is from personal experience btw, i.e. this helped me a LOT alhamdulillah.
                        [CENTER]
                        [/CENTER]
                        [CENTER]
                        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I dont feel like living sometimes too, i have my three brothers and my mum, the time i really felt like cr*p was when my mum had cancer i had no one to talk to my brothers wud be on their computers was like living home alone only time i ever talked to my brothers was when we'd watch a scary movie or something happened, i have one older sis and she would't let her 3 years old daughter come and vist me id be alone laying down on the carpet infront of the fire talking to my self guess i do have some sort of depression my mums cured now thankgod! one whole year without my mum wud vist her never wanted to leave the hospital i'd never have no one to talk to so randome people wud just make me laugh call me up take my mind of things my girl mates were nothing but fun never knew wat i was going through i was living hell wud go on stupid chat sites tellin anyone my problem who cares nowadays. Its funney though when your a young girl you have everyone when you grow up your just all alone its sad!

Comment

Thanks
                            FORGET the past and whoever he was dear sis

just get married again and all will fall into place inshallah, best way is to go to your local masjid and ask if a brother is looking for a wife. may allah make it easy for you. ameen

Comment

Working...
                            X