• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Do you think we donít notice?

This whole thread is pretty much why we need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5BvOUccAV8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nkCl...feature=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAi6fAfIVSE

Wallahi sometimes I believe the Muslims who hate these brothers are nothing but hyporcrits, and if they were erased from the Ummah we would be better of for it.

I know some people vehemently hate that place and call it unislamic and blaa blaa blaa, but from what we HAVE, it is by far the best on the grass roots issues. Yes, politics some may debate, and yes they do have mistakes on there grass roots issues aswell but the severity of there mistakes pale in comparison to the other Muslim majority states. Infact, I think if you were to add up all the positive grassroot Islamic implementation from every other Muslim country and compare it to this land it still wouldn't top it.

So the least you can do is not paint everyone with a broad brush and support these brothers trying to enjoin the good and forbid the evil. Many,many hypocrites, both inside and outside the Kingdom hate these people and are fundamentally opposed to what they are doing. So Muslims who know the deen should stick up for them and their mission, which is essential. Many of the Kuffar, paired up with the hypocritical Muslims don't like these guys because they wish for us to be corrupted like them, so they can drag us down into Jahannam with them. These brothers are some of the only forces standing between complete kuffur and obedience to Allah (at least outwardly) in the Kingdom.

May Allah bless them and strengthen them

Ameen
    Last edited by Glow; 31-03-12, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
      It's a secret! Lol.

The truth of the matter is that many Muslim country have money- they are considered the land of opportunity. That's why if you're educated, professional and preferably white. You will get a job here quite easily. The recession, didnt hit hard here at all.

So, as a result the society ends up being heavily saturated with ex pats. These ex pats are all beautiful and glamorous - cos they have a lot of money. Majority being aged between 25-40.

And this is a culture, where unlike London. Its the NORM to look good all the time. Botox, plastic surgery, salons etc are at every corner. They are always full of business - for the Arabs and the ex pats.

In London, I only saw the groomed, scantily clad women in central London on the tubes. On their way to work...it wasnt so image obsessed in East or South London.

Also, these Arab countries have a lot to offer in for tourists (largest Malls, beaches, resorts, best theme parks, top end restuarants etc), so its not uncommon to see the scantily clads chavs on holiday here.

Also, my experiences of living in Egypt and now the Middle East has shown me that, when Arabs get into money (not all, but many), they become extremely westernised. It's not uncommon for my husband and I, dressed in our Thobes, Abayah's and Hijaabs etc to get offered alcohol when we go to the upper end restaurants. Cos the assumption is, that people like that look like us, do drink alcohol.

And lastly, in London (where I was born, brought up, attending school/uni etc), I had never actually seen a prostitute.

Here (and in Egypt), whenever my husband and I return home late from being somewhere, in the lift or when driving past hotels etc. We often see Russian/European prostitutes. Some men, (in their thobes) think nothing of parading them, scantily clad in the malls.

And as I've mentioned more than once - I live in a dessert! It's hot here. Every single day. A cold day for us is where the temprature is around 21c for a week or so in winter! Which is more of a reason for women to take off their clothes compared to grey, wet London.

Also, in London where we have the ads for 'services' that we usually see advertised at the back of newspapers. Here, I'm regularly, throwing away leaftlets and cards that have been slipped through the door offering 'discreet masseuse' services.

Here prostitution is more in my face than it ever was in London!
      Wow. That sounds absolutely crazy.

Sounds like Dubai or Abu Dhabi to me. I suspect it can't be Dubai though, as the country is now a wasteland.

Comment

yeah i agree, but the fact is many muslims havent had a firm islamic upbringing, islam was not the first priority of their mothers when bringing them up, and they dont realise until later in life that they need to learn. so then they do. it is no point telling someone you should have had been taught the deen from childhood, as it is not his fault he wasnt? so if he/she are doing the best to correct this then alhamdulillah.

personally i have learnt my deen over the past few years using internet, i mean i had a teacher over skype, and i did some courses on sunni path academy and Islamic Online Uni.

I agree there is nothing wrong with going outside where there is benefit in it. But the idea of benefit is subjective, like i think their is benefit in taking my kids to park and childrens centre and others obviously do not. however when i see the difference it has made to my children and their behaviour and confidence etc as a mother I know it is the best thing for them, and I feel it is very important.

The other thing is kids ask questions. My daughter was learning the concept of tawakkul and the hadith they were learning was about the battle of badr, and she kept asking me why? why were there only 300 muslims? why were they fighting? what happened before? etc etc
        Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        In an ideal Muslim household, children should be learning the deen from childhood. Now we have mothers and fathers who don't know two things about Islam and they want to raise Muslim children. By the time one gets married, he should know the deen good enough. One doesn't have to be a scholar, but at least enough to give a firm upbringing. If they want to continue learning, then seek a education as you raise a family. Set a schedule, delegate responsibilities, learn and grow together.

:insha: Nothing wrong with going outside as long as there's benefit in it.

I'm sure you as a Muslim can teach your chidlren basic fiqh, basic aqidah, how to pray, some short Surahs, duas, etc. Just basic things. Focus on that for now, :insha:

You don't have to teach them comparative religion or sciences of hadith.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by Glow View Post
          This whole thread is pretty much why we need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5BvOUccAV8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nkCl...feature=relmfu
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAi6fAfIVSE

Wallahi sometimes I believe the Muslims who hate these brothers are nothing but hyporcrits, and if they were erased from the Ummah we would be better of for it.

I know some people vehemently hate that place and call it unislamic and blaa blaa blaa, but from what we HAVE, it is by far the best on the grass roots issues. Yes, politics some may debate, and yes they do have mistakes on there grass roots issues aswell but the severity of there mistakes pale in comparison to the other Muslim majority states. Infact, I think if you were to add up all the positive grassroot Islamic implementation from every other Muslim country and compare it to this land it still wouldn't top it.

So the least you can do is not paint everyone with a broad brush and support these brothers trying to enjoin the good and forbid the evil. Many,many hypocrites, both inside and outside the Kingdom hate these people and are fundamentally opposed to what they are doing. So Muslims who know the deen should stick up for them and their mission, which is essential. Many of the Kuffar, paired up with the hypocritical Muslims don't like these guys because they wish for us to be corrupted like them, so they can drag us down into Jahannam with them. These brothers are some of the only forces standing between complete kuffur and obedience to Allah (at least outwardly) in the Kingdom.

May Allah bless them and strengthen them

Ameen
          It's important to forbid evil and enjoin good at every level of society, not just with common people....the rulers of these lands are the worst of people. Fact is saudi arabia is still not a khilafah and we can't settle for anything less. It's like saying as long as I get a bit of my rights it's ok, , crumbs are enough. As long as the rights of other Muslims are not met things will be bad, like all those others who are oppressed, killed raped etc how comes saudi arabia does nothing and even in saudi arabia people from places like pakistan or indonesia, bangladesh are treated as subhuman, so much racism in that country. As long as Allah's laws are not fully established at every level (especially in the rulership level), there will be injustice. It seems like saudi arabia is only about outward superficial appearances just so the rulers can cling onto their power.
          Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 31-03-12, 10:22 AM.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post
            It's important to forbid evil and enjoin good at every level of society, not just with common people....the rulers of these lands are the worst of people. Fact is saudi arabia is still not a khilafah and we can't settle for anything less. It's like saying as long as I get a bit of my rights it's ok, , crumbs are enough. As long as the rights of other Muslims are not met things will be bad, like all those others who are oppressed, killed raped etc how comes saudi arabia does nothing and even in saudi arabia people from places like pakistan or indonesia, bangladesh are treated as subhuman, so much racism in that country. As long as Allah's laws are not fully established at every level (especially in the rulership level), there will be injustice. It seems like saudi arabia is only about outward superficial appearances just so the rulers can cling onto their power.
            Although I wont say I totally disagree with you, I believe this can give you some insight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y8iJ_Bu_hk

It's very true. That's why I said grassroots implementation and education is what really needs to be done and after that, when enough people are educated and wanting to enter Islam completely the upper levels will change. That is why we should strive to seek authentic knowledge of the deen, leave innovations, be the best we can be at whatever occupation/skill set we have, use it to not only further our own wealth but to help the Ummah and want to implement the Shariah in our lives, both publicly and privately. This is both with the big things such as zina and the smaller things such as the unlawful gaze, and then pass these morals and teachings on to our children.

***NOTE: And this is by NO MEANS saying I believe we should not strive for one. I think every sane Muslim with sound faith wants one. However, the MEANS in which we wish to achieve this goal should be particle, realistic and in accordance with the Sunnah.
            Last edited by Glow; 31-03-12, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Although I wont say I totally disagree with you, I believe this can give you some insight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y8iJ_Bu_hk

It's very true. That's why I said grassroots implementation and education is what really needs to be done and after that, when enough people are educated and wanting to enter Islam completely the upper levels will change. That is why we should strive to seek authentic knowledge of the deen, leave innovations, be the best we can be at whatever occupation/skill set we have, use it to not only further our own wealth but to help the Ummah and want to implement the Shariah in our lives, both publicly and privately. This is both with the big things such as zina and the smaller things such as the unlawful gaze, and then pass these morals and teachings on to our children.

***NOTE: And this is by NO MEANS saying I believe we should not strive for one. I think every sane Muslim with sound faith wants one. However, the MEANS in which we wish to achieve this goal should be particle, realistic and in accordance with the Sunnah.
              The video is correct that democracy is kufr and that you cannot get a khilafah by working with the kuffar and under kufr. The rasool peace be upon him did not even accept the kingship offered to him by the Quraysh, so to say we will work our way to power from inside is unislamic.

However, what you have said is partially true only. Grassroots goes hand-in-hand with working for power. When society is corrupt, people corrupt easily. When society is good, people do not corrupt so easily.

What you need is both top down and bottom up.

Hence you would do what the rasool peace be upon him did:

1 - Teaching muslims islam and building their aqeedah and imaan, and making them as muslims very strong in islam

2 - Going to people of power to ask them to accept to rule by the kitab of Allah and the sunnah of the messenger.

Allah gave him victory in both alhamdulilah. We should be doing the same.
              If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
              There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
                The video is correct that democracy is kufr and that you cannot get a khilafah by working with the kuffar and under kufr. The rasool peace be upon him did not even accept the kingship offered to him by the Quraysh, so to say we will work our way to power from inside is unislamic.

However, what you have said is partially true only. Grassroots goes hand-in-hand with working for power. When society is corrupt, people corrupt easily. When society is good, people do not corrupt so easily.

What you need is both top down and bottom up.

Hence you would do what the rasool peace be upon him did:

1 - Teaching muslims islam and building their aqeedah and imaan, and making them as muslims very strong in islam

2 - Going to people of power to ask them to accept to rule by the kitab of Allah and the sunnah of the messenger.

Allah gave him victory in both alhamdulilah. We should be doing the same.
                Yes, this is true without a doubt. I am in no way advocating only self improvement without talking to people in power. I was just saying that we should not forget about the grassroots aspect. That is where the power drive for our goal to be victorious will come from. So if the majority adhere to the Quran and Sunnah as best they can, leave alone innovation and want Shariah, then it will be much easier to attain and much more convincing as a governance system rather then if we have only a few pious Brothers and Sisters trying to attain it while everyone really wants something else even if they outwardly claim otherwise.

But yes, without a doubt you are right. We have to go hand in hand. Working from the Bottom up and the top down. Working on individual improvement along with social and governmental improvement. That's what enjoining the good and forbidding the evil is all about. We should not go so far in one of those aspects and in the process forsake the others or not give them their fair share of effort. All three need to be done in balance with eachother and at an equilibrium.
                Last edited by Glow; 01-04-12, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                  The other thing is kids ask questions. My daughter was learning the concept of tawakkul and the hadith they were learning was about the battle of badr, and she kept asking me why? why were there only 300 muslims? why were they fighting? what happened before? etc etc
                  Tell her that you'll find out and reply to her later.

There will be questions whose answers you will not know, that's just how it is.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Yes, this is true without a doubt. I am in no way advocating only self improvement without talking to people in power. I was just saying that we should not forget about the grassroots aspect. That is where the power drive for our goal to be victorious will come from. So if the majority adhere to the Quran and Sunnah as best they can, leave alone innovation and want Shariah, then it will be much easier to attain and much more convincing as a governance system rather then if we have only a few pious Brothers and Sisters trying to attain it while everyone really wants something else even if they outwardly claim otherwise.

But yes, without a doubt you are right. We have to go hand in hand. Working from the Bottom up and the top down. Working on individual improvement along with social and governmental improvement. That's what enjoining the good and forbidding the evil is all about. We should not go so far in one of those aspects and in the process forsake the others or not give them their fair share of effort. All three need to be done in balance with eachother and at an equilibrium.
                    Completely agree.

May Allah re-establish the khilafah once again in the lands, ameen ya Rabb!
                    If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                    There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Working...
                    X