Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards in family when it comes to marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Double standards in family when it comes to marriage.

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
    do you want to hang out with your fiance? if not then you should be grateful your parents have the concern for you and thank Allah Ta'ala that they not casting you out like they have with your brother.
    brooo... if a man can do something a women should be able to also.... WE WANT EQUALITY!!!!

Comment

I think she wants her parents to keep tabs on her brother, not push her out there to date.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        I think she wants her parents to keep tabs on her brother, not push her out there to date.
        Yes exactly. I don't want to be hanging with some dude who is haram for me. And my parents be fling f i did. They need to be the same with my brother so that maybe he wouldn't feel so free.
        Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
        (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
          do you want to hang out with your fiance? if not then you should be grateful your parents have the concern for you and thank Allah Ta'ala that they not casting you out like they have with your brother.
          It's not easy finding wisdom in inequality
          7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
          Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

OP- u can discuss with ur brother that by meeting up b4 marriage makes marriage life hard because the relationship began with disobedience to Allah :swt:

If u can then hve a friendly chat with ur Sis-in-law to be aswell
            Remind her about the dangers of mixing and in fact it can lead to less respect her fiancé has towards her later because she is there whn he wants to see her
            7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
            Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

Originally posted by sis_niqabi View Post
              I'm pretty close with him. But he is the type that doesn't like anyone questioning anything he does. And even if you give him advice he doesn't listen.

I am grateful my parents care. But I'm tired of this double standard.
              Agreed, the double standard is quite problematic. Unfortunately, the only way to fix it globally is to have a centralized education system run based on Islam and enforced upon the people (which would require an islamic state). Best we can do individually is try to advise =/.

I know some people like your brother, they have difficulty (due to an element of arrogance or perhaps emotional reaction) accepting that they are doing wrong or hearing someone say that.

Is he a soft kind of guy? Or a logical headstrong person? Perhaps talking about hellfire or death would help, or maybe paradise and loving Allah?
              If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
              There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Sadly and this happens in all non religious cultures > men are more free to roam around and get away with bad behaviour.

When a man sleeps with a woman > it's ok, but when a woman sleeps with a man > society will think of her as a prostitute.

It has to do with gender and being primal. Bit sad to see Muslims being this way > sometimes they even call it Islam.
                Sister Jigsaw!

Comment

Working...
                X