• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverTexture
    replied
    Re: leaving everything for parents.

Wa alaykum salam,

I can't say what I would or wouldn't do Allah knows best but I can say that anyone who does sacrifice the good job, house etc just to be with his parents would inshAllah be in line to receive a lot of reward from Allah. It may even be that the strength of this sacrifice would protect a person from being destined for hell.

Leave a comment:

• Kya
    replied

At first I thought, Go ofcoures it is a no brainer. peoples life changes due to sickness & relocation is not a big deal

Then I thought, wait there is another solution. Why can't you move the parents to you??

So either way, yes. how can you choose: good school, good job, and nice house over sick family member

Leave a comment:

• deen1984
    replied

we should not be like the kuffar that abandon their parents when it becomes an inconvenience, very selfish. i dont see anything wrong with a son going to see his sick mother and stay with her.
    Originally posted by Muslimah3000 View Post
    Assalam alaykum,

Wanted to know what would you do brothers and sisters if you had to deal with this situation, you are married, living with your wife/husband, and both your families live in 2 different countries ( when i say families, it means parents, siblings ect... ), the husband has a good job, both husband and wife are good to each other, like every thing is good. One day, one of the husband's parents is ill, would you brothers ( as a husband ) leave everything, when i say everything, it means, your good job, place ( flat/house) good schools for your kids ect ... to go and live with your parents in a complete different country? would you sisters ( as a wife ) be ok with that, and consider leaving everything, to live with your husband's family ?

Assalam alaykum

Leave a comment:

• mizfissy815
    replied

^ Oh and I like to add that perhaps I wouldn't be inclined to move anywhere in the world if there are kids involved. Some parts are of the world are no go for a young kids...

Leave a comment:

• naila-k
    replied

If it was my dad I would go for extended holiday but not expect my husband to come with me. If he needed support I would bring him to my home.
    If it was my husbands mum I would go and visit and let my husband spend as much time as he wants there. But I wouldn't move permenantly.

Leave a comment:

• mizfissy815
    replied

Yes and I would do the same if it were my parents who needed me.

Leave a comment:

• FuMu
    replied

No, id somehow take it off to visit them or something, i wont be expecting visit when i grow old either.

Leave a comment:

• Zesty
    replied

:wswrwb:

Yes I would leave everything to go live and serve my husbands parents if the need be. But that's cos I love them :D alhamdullilah so wouldn't be much of an issue for me.

Leave a comment:

• aamantu billahi
    replied

Yes, being good to your parents is such an important thing in Islam and one must realize that material things have no value in Akhirah. Our parents will not live forever in dunya so it is better to cherish them and be there for them as much as possible, :insha: they can be our ticket to Jannah.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah3000
    started a topic leaving everything for parents.

leaving everything for parents.

Assalam alaykum,

Wanted to know what would you do brothers and sisters if you had to deal with this situation, you are married, living with your wife/husband, and both your families live in 2 different countries ( when i say families, it means parents, siblings ect... ), the husband has a good job, both husband and wife are good to each other, like every thing is good. One day, one of the husband's parents is ill, would you brothers ( as a husband ) leave everything, when i say everything, it means, your good job, place ( flat/house) good schools for your kids ect ... to go and live with your parents in a complete different country? would you sisters ( as a wife ) be ok with that, and consider leaving everything, to live with your husband's family ?

Assalam alaykum
Working...
X