Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Right to know or not?

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    sis, we all judge criminals, some more than others, otherwise we'd be letting bygones be bygones all the time ...

If a Criminals Steals my car and I get hold him, I'm not going to swallow the claim "You shouldn't Judge me, irrespective of what Crime/Sin I committed" ...

I'd have to be a fool to do that.

lets be realistic, theres not many people who would wed their Sons and Daughters of to those they Know are were Druggies/Rapists/Zani's/Zaniyaah's etc ...

Indeed one maybe forgiven by Allah ta'ala, but we have noway of knowing that.

Also as brother Khalid has stated, the Ulema have stated a difference of opinion as opposed to concealing such a Sin in regards to marriage, which brother Khalid has stated in his post ... which states ...

2) If the husband doubts the potential wife's chastity then he has the right to find out - Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr

3) It is necessary to inform the potential spouse and hiding it is deception - Mufti Ebrahim Desai

4) A person has the right to enquire and investigate any matter relevant to marriage concerning the potential spouse and not doing so would be negligence and being misled is deception - Mufti Ebrahim Desai

I don't know why sisters keep ignoring this and pretend otherwise,

:jkk:
    Once again, I never disagreed with the fact that a difference of opinion exists, I just don't follow the other one. I also was NOT talking about the 'right to know'.

That post merely challenged what you've said about holding reservations about people who appear to have changed their ways in case their repentance wasn't accepted. That's the notion I referred to and I find not only incredibly stupid but as far from the Sunnah and Islamic teachings you can get. Judging repentant people on the basis their repentance may not have been accepted is the worst and most damaging type of suspicion a Muslim can have.

This in no way how or form does this apply those who clearly haven't changed their ways nor does it mean that criminals are exempt from the punishments they deserve.

I don't think I can make myself any clearer than that. My post was very specific attacking that notion. That was it. It's not related to anything else that was said on this thread. I'd appreciate it if people would stop getting their wires crossed and combining entirely independent arguments into one big one.
    "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
      Once again, I never disagreed with the fact that a difference of opinion exists, I just don't follow the other one. I also was NOT talking about the 'right to know'.

That post merely challenged what you've said about holding reservations about people who appear to have changed their ways in case their repentance wasn't accepted. That's the notion I referred to and I find not only incredibly stupid but as far from the Sunnah and Islamic teachings you can get. Judging repentant people on the basis their repentance may not have been accepted is the worst and most damaging type of suspicion a Muslim can have.

This in no way how or form does this apply those who clearly haven't changed their ways nor does it mean that criminals are exempt from the punishments they deserve.

I don't think I can make myself any clearer than that. My post was very specific attacking that notion. That was it. It's not related to anything else that was said on this thread. I'd appreciate it if people would stop getting their wires crossed and combining entirely independent arguments into one big one.
      If one doesn't follow the other opinion, then one shouldn't complain against it either, especially since both are valid.

also if you read my posts then you would have realised that I said we can't read a persons heart, we can only assume that they have changed their ways ...

If there's doubt, better to clarify then assume, and that as you know is a Valid opinion,

"appear to have changed their ways" ? Yes we judge by the apparent, but the point I was making is that what is apparent may or may not be the Truth.

I said this before and I repeat, it is a Valid opinion to conceal the past sin of Zina, but it is also Valid for someone to question a prospective spouse if there is doubt ... both opinions are valid.

sisters can agree with the former, but please don't complain if a brother wants to clarify his doubts ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
        If one doesn't follow the other opinion, then one shouldn't complain against it either, especially since both are valid.

also if you read my posts then you would have realised that I said we can't read a persons heart, we can only assume that they have changed their ways ...

If there's doubt, better to clarify then assume, and that as you know is a Valid opinion,

"appear to have changed their ways" ? Yes we judge by the apparent, but the point I was making is that what is apparent may or may not be the Truth.

I said this before and I repeat, it is a Valid opinion to conceal the past sin of Zina, but it is also Valid for someone to question a prospective spouse if there is doubt ... both opinions are valid.

sisters can agree with the former, but please don't complain if a brother wants to clarify his doubts ...

I think someone misunderstood me again, assumed that this was a Brother Vs sister thing ...

when I said If a brother wants to clarify, the same goes for the sister, vice versa without saying ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
        X