Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Right to know or not?

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
    Please read the thread before commenting http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...6a7215d95aeb12
    Akhi im asking you a question your not awnsering

Comment

Please read the thread before commenting http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...6a7215d95aeb12

Comment

Originally posted by zakariyya21 View Post
        i'll awnser for you.

Is it permissible to marry a woman who used to commit zina?.
        Again read the thread before commenting, you need to improve your comprehension skills, this thread is NOT about whether its Permissable or Impermissable to marry a fornicator

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
        www.QuranicAudio.com
        www.Quran.com

Comment

Again read the thread before commenting, you need to improve your comprehension skills, this thread is NOT about whether its Permissable or Impermissable to marry a fornicator

i asked u that question for a reason.

Comment

and also this link didnt ansa the questions i asked

Comment

What is your opinion regarding this hadeeth “There is no gheebah for a fasiq”? If it is an authentic hadeeth, then is warning others of an envious person considered gheebah or not? Which type of sinners can we warn others of without being guilty of gheebah?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Gheebah is haraam and emphatically so, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother?”

[al-Hujuraat 49:12].

And it is proven from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “When I was taken up into heaven, I was taken past some people who had nails of copper with which they were scratching their faces and chests. I said: Who are these, O Jibreel? He said: These are the ones who ate the flesh of the people and impugned their honour.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad and Abu Dawood with a saheeh isnaad. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) defined gheebah as saying about your brother that which he dislikes.

It is permissible in a few cases which are indicated by shar’i evidence when there is a need for that, such as if someone consults you with regard to marriage or business partnership, or if someone complains to the ruler and asks him to put a stop to a person's wrongdoing. In that case there is nothing wrong with saying about him things that he dislikes for the purpose of serving an obvious interest. One of them compiled a list of the cases in which gheebah is permissible in two lines of verse in which he said:

Criticism is not gheebah in six cases: complaining about mistreatment, identifying a person, warning about a person,

highlighting evildoing, seeking a fatwa, and seeking help to remove an evil.

But if there is no obvious interest to be served by mentioning him in a way that he dislikes, then it comes under the heading of gheebah which is haraam.

With regard to the question about the phrase “There is no gheebah (backbiting) in the case of a faasiq (evildoer)” and whether it is a hadeeth or not, Imam Ahmad said it is munkar. Al-Haakim, al-Daaraqutni and al-Khateeb said: it is false.

But the fact that there is no gheebah in the case of a faasiq (an evildoer who openly commits sins) is indicated by the proven report which says that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) saw a funeral passing by, and those who were with him spoke ill of the deceased person, and he (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is due.” Then another funeral passed by, and they spoke well of the deceased person, and the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is due.” They asked him what he had meant by saying it is due, and he said: “The one of whom you spoke ill, Hell is his due, and the one of whom you spoke well, Paradise is his due. You are the witnesses of Allaah on His earth.” and he did not rebuke them for speaking ill of the deceased person of whose evildoing they were aware. This indicates that if a person commits evil openly, there is no gheebah in his case.

And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. End quote.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’ (26/19).

Comment

chastity and virginity are two different things was my original point

Comment

Originally posted by zakariyya21 View Post
                  chastity and virginity are two different things was my original point
                  this thread has nothing to do with virginity

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                  www.QuranicAudio.com
                  www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                    assalamu alaykum,

if the person proposing is very concerned about the zinah issue, then in the meeting they should say 'to me it's important that my future wife has had no past partners' or something along them lines and the woman, if she has had past partners then she should have the decency to decline the proposal on that basis. obviously she will not admit her reasons for rejecting it.
                    What she said ^^^^ because you can't reveal past sins, but if the issue is important to someone it can be done in this way, without asking anyone to reveal past sins.

On the other hand, it's not good to be too obsessed with this issue. There will be two kinds of people only on judgement day - sinners and repentant sinners. There's no such thing as a person who never sinned (with the exception of the Prophets (as) and you're not marrying one of them!). Learning to deal with the fact that your marriage partner is not perfect (and neither are you), is part of learning to live with each other as husband and wife. Someone who has well and truly repented from past sins, may actually be better at avoiding things that come close to it, than someone who hasn't. Just for a hypothetical example - say you have one sister who foolishly had a boyfriend and then she repented seriously and realised that the sin started the first time she didn't lower her gaze and didn't care about freemixing... compare that to another sister who never committed that sin... maybe the one who sinned will take the issue of lowering the gaze and not freemixing *more* seriously than the one who didn't commit that sin, because she knows exactly where it can lead and know she does NOT ever want to go down that path again... while the other one has more of the attitude "we're just talking about work stuff, don't know what the fuss is about." Note that I'm not saying *all* brothers and sisters who never sinned think like that, of course I'm not saying that, but there are brothers and sisters out there who don't take some rules in Islam as seriously as they should, because they don't believe they could ever get led down that path, and don't realise just how sneaky and tricky the shaytaan is.

There are different ways of looking at this, but what a Muslim needs to remember is that once Allah has forgiven someone's sin, whether because they reverted to Islam (so all sins were wiped clean) or because they repented sincerely and the repentance was accepted by Allah (Allahu alim) - then who is anyone else to hold that sin against someone, when Allah does not?
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Salaam

I think clear references have been given to show that a person may withhold information regarding past indiscretions from a future spouse. On the other hand, we have people saying 'I don't think they should, etc, etc'. Islam is not based on the opinions of the laymen, nor is it based on what we deem acceptable behaviour. The Sharia comes from four sources: Quran, Sunnah, Consensus and Analogy. Please not that your own personal preferences/opinions do NOT constitute a source of Sharia.

It has been established in various fataawa quoted in this thread that a zani does need to reveal his/her sin if repentance has occurred.

With regards to the chastity issue, please provide a tafsir of the verse quoted in order to validate your point that chastity is equal to virginity or that a person who has committed zina and repented cannot be considered chaste

:jkk:

Comment

so would you marry your daughter or sister to a former heroin addict?
                        if so how long after he had last used would you start considering him?
                        what would you think if noone told you in order to hide his sins and later you found out?
                        Originally posted by ahmad12 View Post
                        Salaam

I think clear references have been given to show that a person may withhold information regarding past indiscretions from a future spouse. On the other hand, we have people saying 'I don't think they should, etc, etc'. Islam is not based on the opinions of the laymen, nor is it based on what we deem acceptable behaviour. The Sharia comes from four sources: Quran, Sunnah, Consensus and Analogy. Please not that your own personal preferences/opinions do NOT constitute a source of Sharia.

It has been established in various fataawa quoted in this thread that a zani does need to reveal his/her sin if repentance has occurred.

With regards to the chastity issue, please provide a tafsir of the verse quoted in order to validate your point that chastity is equal to virginity or that a person who has committed zina and repented cannot be considered chaste

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad12 View Post

This is the dumbest thing I've heard, how can someone who has had sex outside of marriage call themself chaste?

The physical act has been commited that is what defines chastity, what does repentance have to do with it?

Sometimes I get the impression that peope on here have been living under a rock, chastity has been around for donkeys years, even the jews and christians know what chastity is, how can a muslim struggle to understand it?

I've already given you proof, go and look at the fatwa I posted, the Mufti clearly shows that the person who commits zina has become unchaste, if there was a way of becoming chaste again I'm sure he would have mentioned it.

www.QuranicAudio.com
                          www.Quran.com

Comment

maybe that is your problem that you are following the jewish and christian version of chastity not the muslim one?
                            This is the dumbest thing I've heard, how can someone who has had sex outside of marriage call themself chaste?

The physical act has been commited that is what defines chastity, what does repentance have to do with it?

Sometimes I get the impression that peope on here have been living under a rock, chastity has been around for donkeys years, even the jews and christians know what chastity is, how can a muslim struggle to understand it?

I've already given you proof, go and look at the fatwa I posted, the Mufti clearly shows that the person who commits zina has become unchaste, if there was a way of becoming chaste again I'm sure he would have mentioned it.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                            (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                              maybe that is your problem that you are following the jewish and christian version of chastity not the muslim one?
                              Sister if you commited zina and a potential asked you:

'Are you chaste?',

are you going to say:

'yes I sincerely repented and Allah has forgiven me so I consider myself chaste even though I've had sex outside of marriage.'

This is hypothetical by the way, I don't expect anyone to ask you that.

I think the problem is muslims can't handle the fact that fornication makes you lose your chastity.

www.QuranicAudio.com
                              www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                                I'm inclined to agree, but it is also a grey area, what if it was 5 or ten years ago? Where is the cut off point?
                                Agree with you its a grey area. There are people who would be ok with it and it wouldn't matter to them that the potential was once a drug/alcohol addict x years ago but there are people also who would decline a proposal if they found out. Its a tricky situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X