Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Can I do a Nikah??

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
    With all respect mirror: we cant give that 3 divorce opinion the same rank as the sunni one. When the Sunni Ulama have all agreed on it, just because a new sect comes out with it, doesnt make it valid.
    Brother, I don't accept that opinion, myself. But, if scholars have said it, then I can't say they are wrong either, since I'm not in position to say that.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      Brother, I don't accept that opinion, myself. But, if scholars have said it, then I can't say they are wrong either, since I'm not in position to say that.
      absolutely. agree with you. But when the Sunni Ulama have already agreed on it, its of no consequence if someone comes later and opposes the ijma of the Ulama of Islam because of his own understanding. Sayyiduna Umar established it. case closed. Tomorrow all sorts of people are going to come up with other random masaail, and some people are going to like it and follow it, doesnt change the fact it's wrong and these people put unmarried men and women together based on their whims and desires.
      Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
        With all respect mirror: we cant give that 3 divorce opinion the same rank as the sunni one. When the Sunni Ulama have all agreed on it, just because a new sect comes out with it, doesnt make it valid.
        Abdullah ibn Masud, Ali ibn Abi Taalib, ibn ‘Abaas, Abu Bakr, ‘Umar ibn Al-Khataab, Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Awf are from a "new sect" and not the "sunni one"?

seriously med, you just never cease to come out with the most astonishing statements.

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        not scolars, the past khalifahs of this ummah, and the companions of rasoolAllah :saw: have said it.
        Last edited by *asiya*; 12-03-12, 10:56 PM.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
          not scolars, the past khalifahs of this ummah, and the companions of rasoolAllah :saw: have said it.
          Sister, the other opinion is also based on their sayings. In fact, it's based on the word of Allah Himself, as far as I remember.

I'll look it up if you want.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

mirror you wasting your time. they only blind-follow their peers.
            Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Thanks for all your help everyone

Comment

Salaam

Just speak to your local Mufti and he will advise you as best he can Insha Allah

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by zaraa View Post
                  Thanks for all your help everyone
                  What are you going to do?
                  Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam

Comment

I'm going to discuss what you all have said with the guy I want to do my nikah and whatever steps I take Inshallah it will be right the islam way

Comment

Sister, please, if you want to do it right, discuss it with someone knowledgeable. What is your "boyfriend" going to advice you since he himself is in a haram relationship with you? He's the last person you should be going for advice.

Don't do anything without being adviced by the elders, because for all you know, you might think you are "married," but in the sight of Allah, you could be committing zinah. Do you realize how grave of a sin this is? It's not a simple matter. There's no easy solution, like you are hoping for. It's about your life, and more so, about obeying the commands of Allah.

Whatever steps you take should be based on guidance from someone who knows the deen, not your "boyfriend." Have you even prayed istikhara and sought guidance from Allah?

Please, sister, have a little self-control and wait it out a bit more. If you are ready for marriage, then surely you are ready to struggle a bit and do it the right way. This is a challenge for you, I know, so have trust in Allah :insha: And He will make a way out for you.

Trust me, you do not want to start of a new life with earning the anger of Allah. Your marriage will be devoid of blessings. What are you gonna tell your children? "We ran away and got married behind our parent's back"? Is that the example you want to set for them?

You have already started this of on the wrong foot, by being in a haram relationship. So, now repent and do things right this time. :insha:

May Allah make a way out for you.

Comment

A woman who has converted to Islam, who have no wali, can marry without the consent of her parents. In this case the Imam can be her wali. And keep in mind that even non-muslim parents must be obeyed except if they argue against something essential to faith, so this question doesn't have anything to do with obeying parents since this exception is made (if it was, their consent should be obligatory).

So logically, all muslim women are equal whether converts or not.
                        Why is there an exception of the rule for converts? Because their parents aren't muslim.

What's the difference really from non-muslims and non-practicing muslims? The whole idea of the wali is to safeguard the womans interests in the light of ISLAM (which is why a non-muslim father cannot be the wali to assist in this).
                        How can a non-practising muslim father do that? Are you people blind?

The Prophet said, there is no celibacy in Islam. Likewise the one who can get married, should do that to keep away from sins. And also that the marriage is half the deen.

This sister has cultural non practising parents who only accept her to marry someone of their choice. Should she just accept anyone they suggest, and then live miserable ever after? That's what will happen for sure. I do not believe that a woman should be forced in to a marriage that she does not want. Is that a life to bring children into?

So don't marry then, you say. You really mean she should either live her life in celibacy or marry someone she does not love and who has not a good charachter? Obeying parents has a limit, and I do think the circumstances around this situation suffices for you to marry without their consent. Wallahu alam.

And a note: All of you in the thread bashing the sister for having a haram relationship, did she even say they were physical? It may have been merely talk. And if you think talking is sin, then get off the forum. You're all interacting with the opposite sexes by replying in threads like these.

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                          indeed however, that ayat is in regards to financial contracts. Tafsir ibn kathir:

This Ayah is the longest in the Glorious Qur'an. Imam Abu Ja`far bin Jarir recorded that Sa`id bin Al-Musayyib said that he was told that the Ayah most recently revealed from above the Throne -- the last Ayah to be revealed in the Qur'an -- was the Ayah about debts.
                          but Ibn Khatir also point out that there is also difference of opinion as to whether this verse is mandatory or recommendatory.

There is great deal of differences among the scholars about the evidence of a women. And these difference clearly shows how different scholars interpret divine injunctions differently and that these interpretations being human can't be binding and should be seen in proper context.

According to the number of jurists of the early centuries judicial determination is allowed on the evidence of women except in matters of Hudud and Qisas (Taruq al Hukmiyah by ibn qiyam p92). The view which is generally held in that women cant be competent witnesses in matter of divorce and nikah. Abu Obaid said on authority of Abi Ubaid that a person divorced his wife thrice under the influence of liquor. The dispute was taken to Hazrat Umer (RA). Four women appeared as witnesses and Hazrat Umer (RA) separated them. i.e made the talaq effective. It may be noticed that there was no male witness in a matter of talaq although according to the Hanfis women are competent witnesses in all matters except Hudud and Qisas including nikah and talaq, but only with a male witness.
                          [URL="http://theemails.blogspot.com"]My Blog[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad12 View Post
                            Salaam

Yes, it is allowed under these conditions: http://www.daruliftaa.com/question?t...nID=q-21475354

my question, is there any consensus b/w hanfi scholars on misyar fatwa?

salafi scholars like Ibn Uthaimeen or Al-Albani claim for their part, that misyar marriage may be legal, but not moral.
                            [URL="http://theemails.blogspot.com"]My Blog[/URL]

Comment

The scholar in that fatwa, also says it's legal and valid, but not really a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hanzla View Post
                                my question, is there any consensus b/w hanfi scholars on misyar fatwa?

salafi scholars like Ibn Uthaimeen or Al-Albani claim for their part, that misyar marriage may be legal, but not moral.
                                Salaam

I have not come across any Hanafi scholar that says such a marriage would not be valid. They all stress that such a marriage may not be optimal though

Comment

Working...
                                X