Can I do a Nikah??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I do a Nikah??

ye, but there must be some exceptions to do a nikah without your parents consent

Comment

Originally posted by zaraa View Post
      ye, but there must be some exceptions to do a nikah without your parents consent
      No, definitely not, since you have not even spoken to your parents about this.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

My parents are aware of this matter, but do not accept it. and the reason they don't is ONLY because the guy MUST be their choice whether i like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          Hanafis allow misyar as well.

I really don't understand how laymen can reject opinions of hundreds and hundreds years of scholars. SubhanAllah. Even after they backed it up with proof from Quran and Sunnah.
          bro dont get too stressed about this. they disagree, thats fine as the majority of ulama of islam dont permit it, but the sad thing is these people who are beating the drum aren't even followers of the Sunni Imams, they are the same people who keep divorced women with their husbands after 3 divorces because their mujtahid said so. thats even more "modern"
          Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

You all confuse me
            :salams

Sis, theres nothing to be confused over, the fataawa all state that you NEED to have your wali for your marriage to take place. So please stop entertaining the waswas of the shaythaan and think rationally.

What are your plans anyway? To get married and then what tell your family afterwards? For a girl, thats just about the worst thing you could do. Ive seen girls marrying behind their familys back, and every single one them them ended in divorce, and the girls left single mothers back home with their parents. Allahu A3laam how your circumstances turn out, but your story sounds too familiar.

What has this brother going that you "cannot see yourself married to anyone else?" From what I can see, he has disrespected you by having physical contact with you, so I would be worry about his character

What about his family?

The practical advise I have for you is to find a good man within your family to have a word with this "boyfriend" of yours and pray istikhara
            Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam

Comment

I thought nikah was more than just wanting to commit zina. If a man wanted to marry my daughter becuase he couldn't control his sexual urges and told me he was afraid of commiting zina that is why he wishes to marry her I would punch him hard on the nose. In no uncertain terms would I tell him to take a hike!
              Never have any regrets you only get one shot at life this ain't no rehersal!

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                bro dont get too stressed about this. they disagree, thats fine as the majority of ulama of islam dont permit it, but the sad thing is these people who are beating the drum aren't even followers of the Sunni Imams, they are the same people who keep divorced women with their husbands after 3 divorces because their mujtahid said so. thats even more "modern"
                modern? it was the opinion of Abdullah ibn Masud, Ali ibn Abi Taalib, ibn ‘Abaas, Abu Bakr, ‘Umar ibn Al-Khataab, Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Awf that talaq said thrice at the same time, counted as one divorce.
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

My parents are aware of this matter, but do not accept it. and the reason they don't is ONLY because the guy MUST be their choice whether i like it or not
                  Make an Imam talk to your parents, if after that the Imam suggests you appoint another wali, or do nikah without a wali, then you can go ahead. It's not OK for you to go and get married like this.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

I didn't join to entertain, I need HELP! I wanted to do a nikah asap to stop commiting sins. I know his character well enough and I know of others who knew him before I did and I can say his not a bad person even though you say his disrepected me... We both want to change to be good muslims and thought the first step should be nikah. I've already said my parents have in mind for me to marry my cousin and I don't agree with it (in islam a girl cannot be forced into a marriage and this would be invalid). What about if I stop talking to him now and when my parents take serious actions about my marriage with my cousin, I tell them AGAIN about this guy and if they disagree, can I get someone else to be my wali, as my parents don't have a islamic reason for agreeing to this marriage?

Comment

• Re: Can I do a Nikah??

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                      modern? it was the opinion of Abdullah ibn Masud, Ali ibn Abi Taalib, ibn ‘Abaas, Abu Bakr, ‘Umar ibn Al-Khataab, Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Awf that talaq said thrice at the same time, counted as one divorce.
                      Sister, it's best if we accept difference of opinions.

Yes, I agree there is that opinion. But, there's also the other opinion, based on proofs, as well.

But, people don't accept other valid opinions, but only their own. They are both right, as they are accepted by many reliable scholars. :insha:

Wallahu Alam.

Comment

I didn't join to entertain, I need HELP! I wanted to do a nikah asap to stop commiting sins. I know his character well enough and I know of others who knew him before I did and I can say his not a bad person even though you say his disrepected me... We both want to change to be good muslims and thought the first step should be nikah. I've already said my parents have in mind for me to marry my cousin and I don't agree with it (in islam a girl cannot be forced into a marriage and this would be invalid). What about if I stop talking to him now and when my parents take serious actions about my marriage with my cousin, I tell them AGAIN about this guy and if they disagree, can I get someone else to be my wali, as my parents don't have a islamic reason for agreeing to this marriage?
                        i guess you dont see the mess you are putting yourself and your parents thru

you must be quite the handful, to say the least
                        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Go and speak to an imaam, you won't get your answerr here.
                          Never have any regrets you only get one shot at life this ain't no rehersal!

Comment

With all respect mirror: we cant give that 3 divorce opinion the same rank as the sunni one. When the Sunni Ulama have all agreed on it, just because a new sect comes out with it, doesnt make it valid.
                            Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

the first step isnt nikkah sister, its for u both to seperate and repent to Allah.
                              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Sister, get someone involved from outside. Please.

And, I don't understand this invincible force that's making you commit sins? You can't stop committing sins? There is no sin that we don't have the power to stop committing. I don't understand how you can't stop sinning? Don't you have even that much self control?

sorry if that's harsh, but you need to be stronger for the sake of Allah.

Comment

Working...
                                X