Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I do a Nikah??

Originally posted by zaraa View Post
    thanks for making me feel a thousand times worse medi...
    it's not about making u feel worse, it's about giving some real advice.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
      With due respect akhee but please - Be wise and don't be a fool.

Is this the kind of thing you would say if your daughter or sister came up to you ?

Am sure you wouldnt so what makes you think you can come here and do that. This isn't a joke or a light matter.

:jkk:
      wait a second MW

this is a scholarly opinion

you cant follow islam on your desires, if the scholar says you dont need a wali, who are we to argue? ask mirror
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

AbuMubarak I dont think you are in a position to mock at the likes of the one's who hold this opinion so reign your neck back in. And I think you'll find MWarrior probably agrees with the ruling as it is per the hanafi madhab but we talking about something else here, not fiqh rulings.
        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.

Comment

Yeh sorry my post might not have been clear but bro Med knows where am coming from. :jkk:

I responded after seeing the post (I quoted previously) and the fact it's the first thing he/she said ... Not exactly how you'd react if your own sister/daughter came to you for advice or help etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
            AbuMubarak I dont think you are in a position to mock at the likes of the one's who hold this opinion so reign your neck back in. And I think you'll find MWarrior probably agrees with the ruling as it is per the hanafi madhab but we talking about something else here, not fiqh rulings.
            mocking? nope

but this is what happens when people dont question

i am well aware of that opinion, we used it quite frequently years ago, and after some time, we realized it was better to NOT do it that way

that opinion, from my recollection, is based upon necessity and lack of other people, so the imam said that if there was no one else around, it is permissible

and Allah knows best

so dont accuse me of mocking, i am only saying that when we throw out these opinions and dont give them a context we are actually doing what we are claiming NOT to do, leading people astray

from what many say, you follow a madhab so you dont make up your own islam, but truth be told, if you dont understand the reasoning behind your madhab, you are just as likely to go astray

the issue is we all need to understand our islam, and put things in their proper order

that means, not making up your own islam, nor following opinions that you are completely ignorant of their context
            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

:salams:

dear zara

sister Allah SWT said in the holy Quran.. Allah SWT doesnt change the siutations of ppl until they change themselves.

what did u do to change urself ,you said u became a good muslimah << mashallah :inlove:

but sister do u still talk to the man in Qs ,phone calls,txt,facebook,bbm ...etc

if u still do,,you must know that u still sinning and each time u sin ur situation becomes harder , with each sin we commit we get punished in one way or another ,, it might not be as obvious as other sins like lying or stealing but trust we still do,, thats why as muslims we must have Taqawa,, fear of Allah in every action we take.

and u my muslim sister u have crossed the line ,u see it as romance and that u found the love of ur life,, but remember who u have angered by ur actions... Allah SWT ,ur creator the 1 who gave u ur soul,the 1 who looked after u when u were inside ur mother,the 1 u will return too .

tell me how u gana face him.

just think about it dear sister.

i wish u all the best :love:

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater. Imam Shafie

Comment

haha great confidence builder post above

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
                  With due respect akhee but please - Be wise and don't be a fool.

Is this the kind of thing you would say if your daughter or sister came up to you ?

Am sure you wouldnt so what makes you think you can come here and do that. This isn't a joke or a light matter.

bro read my all post .. i never suggested anyone to get marry without consent of parents.. its obligatory for everyone to obey nd get the consent of parents in ths regard.. but according to shariah if some one does without their parents consent their marriage will be considered valid.
                  Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

how ridiculous some jahil giving me negative rep whn i have provided enough ref frm the Quran nd Hadith .. i challenge thm openly refute my arguments with daleel rather thn giving negative rep..
                    Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

Originally posted by shikran View Post
                      according to hanfi fiq.. you can do marriage without your parents consent..

AFA witnesses r concerned, according 2 Shariah, there must be at least 2 male witnesses or 1 male witness nd two female witnesses 2 witness the proposal nd acceptance of the boy nd girl.
                      bro read my all post .. i never suggested anyone to get marry without consent of parents.. its obligatory for everyone to obey nd get the consent of parents in ths regard.. but according to shariah if some one does without their parents consent their marriage will be considered valid.

you really did, you told her she doesnt need a wali, and that she does not need her parents consent, on top of that you said women can be witnesses to nikkah.. thats not correct either, it has to be two male witnesses.

how ridiculous some jahil giving me negative rep whn i have provided enough ref frm the Quran nd Hadith .. i challenge thm openly refute my arguments with daleel rather thn giving negative rep..
                      "nice" manners u have there..

if i was even remotely interested in refuting the sufis on their fatawa i would go over to the sufipath website that you copied that from and do it. but fact is im not even slightly interested, i dont get into deen issues with sufis, its a total waste of time.
                      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                        you really did, you told her she doesnt need a wali, and that she does not need her parents consent, on top of that you said women can be witnesses to nikkah.. thats not correct either, it has to be two male witnesses.
                        here i was only refuting the argument that parents consent is always necessary in marriage.. anyway if u read my posts in the link which i have provided, i clearly stated http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post4608781

"nice" manners u have there..

if i was even remotely interested in refuting the sufis on their fatawa i would go over to the sufipath website that you copied that from and do it. but fact is im not even slightly interested, i dont get into deen issues with sufis, its a total waste of time.
                        as i said always speak with daleel.. if u cant thn stay away frm the topic
                        Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

Salaam

It is correct that the sister can marry without a wali according to the Hanafi madhab (to which she may or may not adhere) but only if the male is suitable for her (kufu'). In the absence of suitability, the marriage will be void. In the presence of suitability, the marriage will be valid according to our stance but derived of some barakah (possibly).

The stance however, is irrelevant in my opinion as the best thing to do for the OP would be to go to a reliable local Mufti and seek his advice. In this case, it seems the OP has set her heart upon marrying this person, and if this is the case, she would do well in trying to convince her family in accepting this proposal. The marriage without a wali should only occur as a last result, in an effort to stop the haram (zina) from happening

As I said, please consult with a reliable local Mufti and MAY Allah make things easy for you, ameen

Comment

so the hanafis here have absolutely no issue with their daughters going off behind their backs and getting married to someone they dont even know anything about. no wali = no support, no background checks, no check on the mans character or deen, just a girl with a dream and its "nikkah to go"

very modern.
                            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

so how is the nikkah actually done ? u all declare yourself hanafis, and the girl says "i marry myself to you" in front of a couple of her mates, and the bros best freind, and there u go ?

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

ALHAMDULILLAH we r mch better thn those who claim 2 b the truly followed of the Quran nd Sunnah but they have legalized misyar marriage (without providing any single authentic source frm the Quran nd Hadith ) jst to fulfill their desire..
                                Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

Working...
                                X