Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I do a Nikah??

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    Even though what Shikran is saying is correct, I recommend you both edit your posts. Just so it will avoid confusion for the OP.
    even in this one opinion attributed to the hanafi madhab, the nikkah is incomplete without the consent of the wali, so lets not give out half the information, say its correct and leave out the most important part, the nikkah will still be incomplete without the wali.

and two women cannot be witnesses at a nikkah. they must be muslim, male, sane, and above the age of puberty,
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Sayyidah Ayshah reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said,

“If any woman marrieswithout the consent of her guardian then her marriage is void. Her marriage is void.Her marriage is void."

1(Jami' Tirmidhi, Kitabul Nikah, )

It is interpreted to mean that it is not very beneficial. Such usage of the word "batil" is also present in the Qur'an in the verse:

"You have not created this in vain (batilan)." (3: 191)

It is also possible to understand such narrations as being specific to a woman who is not an adult yet, or the marriage of a woman to someone non-suitable (ghayr kuf').
      (Ibid; `Ila al Sunan)

Rather, Imam Zayla'i mentions "Bukhari and Ibn Ma`in stated that there is no sound narration in this section - concerning the condition of a guardian."
      Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

la howla wala qawata illah billah..
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
          even in this one opinion attributed to the hanafi madhab, the nikkah is incomplete without the consent of the wali, so lets not give out half the information, say its correct and leave out the most important part, the nikkah will still be incomplete without the wali.

and two women cannot be witnesses at a nikkah. they must be muslim, male, sane, and above the age of puberty,
          It is a valid stance of the Hanafi scholars. However, you're right. The sister should make the effort to talk to her parents and get solution to this. The scholars did not say, you can go and marry freely whenever you feel like without telling your parents.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by apolo View Post
            jazak allah for quoting authentic references, i was unaware of these facts.
            wa iyakka amin

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

If there was 1% chance of my parents saying yes to our nikah, I wouldn't be asking on here...

I am really torn apart about how I can do my nikah the right way. If I haven't made it clear enough then let me say it one more time MY PARENTS WILL N-E-V-E-R ACCEPT A MARRIAGE OF MY CHOICE. In islam it says a girl cannot be forced into a marriage, if it happens this will be invalid and she will burn in hell for having fear to stand up to her parents, when the only person she should fear is Allah. And she shouldn't go through a marriage she knows she is not happy in. What can a person do in this situation? No-one actually understands how hard it really is

Comment

Originally posted by shikran View Post
                according to hanfi fiq.. you can do marriage without your parents consent..

AFA witnesses r concerned, according 2 Shariah, there must be at least 2 male witnesses or 1 male witness nd two female witnesses 2 witness the proposal nd acceptance of the boy nd girl.
                Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                we have clear hadith of the prophet :saw: that nikkah is invalid without a wali, and u want to come along and tell a young girl whoose nafs are totally in control of her that she can sneak off and marry behind her parents back and not only that but she can have a couple of women witness it.

imagine that was your daughter..

because u just told your sister she can go do that..
                Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                Even though what Shikran is saying is correct, I recommend you both edit your posts. Just so it will avoid confusion for the OP.
                Perfect example of the disadvantage of having fatwas posted on the internet like this. They can easily be taken out of context to suit our needs..

Thats why we should keep a constant contact with scholars, so when situations arise, the scholar knows the background, and can give personalised advice..
                وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Sister, talk to an Imam in your area and get him involved to talk to your parents.

Originally posted by zaraa View Post
                  If there was 1% chance of my parents saying yes to our nikah, I wouldn't be asking on here...

I am really torn apart about how I can do my nikah the right way. If I haven't made it clear enough then let me say it one more time MY PARENTS WILL N-E-V-E-R ACCEPT A MARRIAGE OF MY CHOICE. In islam it says a girl cannot be forced into a marriage, if it happens this will be invalid and she will burn in hell for having fear to stand up to her parents, when the only person she should fear is Allah. And she shouldn't go through a marriage she knows she is not happy in. What can a person do in this situation? No-one actually understands how hard it really is
                  I don't think it says that↑ (that she will burn in hell) anywhere. =/
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by i.badat View Post
                    Perfect example of the disadvantage of having fatwas posted on the internet like this. They can easily be taken out of context to suit our needs..

Thats why we should keep a constant contact with scholars, so when situations arise, the scholar knows the background, and can give personalised advice..
                    I don't see anything wrong with posting ruling so internet. Of course, these rulings have their own context. and people should understand that.

Internet doesn't replace a real-life scholar, though.

Comment

Yep..there are advantages to having rulings posted, its just that people need to be aware of the disadvantages at the same time..

Just my 2 pence..Allah forgive me if I am wrong..
                      وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                      Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

I'm just going to call a majid tomorrow and hope I can go ahead with the nikah. My situation is really complicated :(

Comment

sister, Allah is in control of the hearts so obey Allah and make duaa and trust in Allah. you are right no one can force u to marry someone u dont want to, you just have to keep the lines of communication open with your parents, and speak to them nicely about it and explain your situation, and if necessary then get in touch with someone from your family who can support you and help your parents to understand. do u have any nice uncles or aunts maybe insha Allah, do u know any good imams insha Allah, have ur sister speak with them too, help them to accept that u are not interested in marrying your cousin.

but one big problem with all of this is u said that u want to do nikkah to stop comitting sins.. u cant just go do nikkah and it makes a haram relationship halal. there are steps u have to take first, and nothing good is ever going to come out of something that started in disobedience to Allah, u need to break contact with your boyfreind and u both need to take steps to turn back to Allah, if you do that things will look a lot different insha Allah.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Sis, you should really ask them to speak to your parents, not arrange your nikah without your parents' permission. :insha:

You're going to upset your parents by getting married behind their backs.

Comment

I'm just going to call a majid tomorrow and hope I can go ahead with the nikah. My situation is really complicated :(
                              sister, dont rush into anything. what are u expecting to do just go back home after nikkah and pack ur stuff and swan off with your man ? do u honestly think your parents are going to just let u walk out like that and wish u both well ? and what about when they find out ( and they will ) that this man is the boyfreind of three years ? you think they are ever going to be able to look him in the eye and not think about how he was sneaking around behind their backs ? its the worst thing u could do.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

has he even tried in the three years to speak to your father ? did he ever go and ask for ur hand in marriage ?

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Working...
                                X