Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you consider?

aslam o aliakum

JazakAllah khair everyone for replying and answering the poll alot of good inside information , plus it shows you both side of the coin

Alhumdulilah

Comment

Fact that the sisters are praying is a big thing in itself. InshaA the covering aspect will come as the new couple will come towards Islam. I voted for "Maybe" but should have voted "Yes".

Comment

You definitely should. Hijab is not always an indication of piety.

Comment

Maybe they are misguided or they dont feel ready forhijaab is she prays and she has a good heart then the Emaan is there just needs some encouragement :masha:

Sometimes t can be hard around friends and family

I knew many girls at college who prayed but struggled with hijaab, one girl did wear hijaab :masha: but she was discourgaed by friends saying she looked ugly and werid bare in mind these are muslimahs too
          And He found you lost and guided you,
          ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
          " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
          ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by shaheerpak View Post
            :salam2:

This question is more for brothers and maybe sisters can take part considering for their brothers/sons/male relatives

So my question is would you consider such sisters for marriage??

These sisters, have a good heart, don't talk to boys, prays, have good manners, very good ikhlaq, respectful, kind in simple terms Alhumdulilah all the good qualities from inside

BUT, they don't observe hijab, and tend to wear sleeveless shirts (but cover them with transparent cloth)

What is your answer

Assalamu Alaikum,

If she's sincere and you can convince her to wear complete hijab after marriage, I do not see an issue inshAllah.
            If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
            There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Originally posted by shaheerpak View Post
              aslam o aliakum

JazakAllah khair everyone for replying and answering the poll alot of good inside information , plus it shows you both side of the coin

Alhumdulilah
              i jz saw a hijabi wearing tight jeans and a shirt that doesnt even fit her.

no , she walked past my sight when i was buying ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                i jz saw a hijabi wearing tight jeans and a shirt that doesnt even fit her.

no , she walked past my sight when i was buying ice cream.
                This is simply not Hijab.

Comment

I find it absolutely hilarious that the naive brothers (especially on this forum) would rather pick a hijabi than a non-hijabi.......

why?

Because you naturally assume that the one who wear hijab prays! LOL

There are tonnes of sistes who wear hijab but do not pray all fardh prayers; or do not pray regularly and some do not pray at all!

I even know of some sisters whose husbands THINK they pray! When these husbands are at work....do you think these sisters pray! LOL

Some men are just so naive!

Comment

Originally posted by purple89 View Post
                    You definitely should. Hijab is not always an indication of piety.
                    :up:

Comment

one of my brothers married a sister who didnt wear hijab and did not know much about the deen, but she changed for the better.
                      Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

yep, theres one here at work who only wears hijab while praying lol.
                        Originally posted by Starship View Post
                        I find it absolutely hilarious that the naive brothers (especially on this forum) would rather pick a hijabi than a non-hijabi.......

why?

There are tonnes of sistes who wear hijab but do not pray all fardh prayers; or do not pray regularly and some do not pray at all!

I even know of some sisters whose husbands THINK they pray! When these husbands are at work....do you think these sisters pray! LOL

Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

why?

Obviously, we're going to pick someone who at least where's the hijab. That's the least you can do to appear Muslim.

When you meet her, then you just ask her the reason for putting on the hijab. If she says because it's fardh, then it means she knows that it's a command of Allah, not wearing it because her mother made her.

As for praying and whatnot, you can ask her that, too. Why would a non-practicing woman want to be with someone who is really practicing? She would know she's setting herself up for a bad marriage.

Nothing to do with being naive.
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by deen1984 View Post
                            yep, theres one here at work who only wears hijab while praying lol.
                            Brother

What has wearing hijab when praying got to do with wearing hijab when outdoors? NOTHING. The two are separate issues completely.

A women has to cover herself when praying for her salat to be valid.

A woman must cover herself when going outdoors. The two reasons are separate from each other.

Comment

:up:
                              Could not have put it better myself.

Will it bother u a lot after marriage?? but do talk to her she may not even know. She may even take up after marriage or b4. It's a big step if she does not wear any covering.
                              But see what small steps she takes. It's not worth not considering someone just for that.

from the way u describe her She sounds like the perfect women, I would marry her if I was a brother.
                              Last edited by BeReal; 15-03-12, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                                Obviously, we're going to pick someone who at least where's the hijab. That's the least you can do to appear Muslim.

When you meet her, then you just ask her the reason for putting on the hijab. If she says because it's fardh, then it means she knows that it's a command of Allah, not wearing it because her mother made her.

As for praying and whatnot, you can ask her that, too. Why would a non-practicing woman want to be with someone who is really practicing? She would know she's setting herself up for a bad marriage.

Nothing to do with being naive.

Emaan is in the heart and mind, and yes it's good to show ur Muslim by observing the scarf and hijab. But appearing Muslim does not make u a Muslim. But for some wearing hijab is start to making the rest of their emaan stronger.

Sad to c that I have seen a man with a beard and full Islamic clothing smoking a joint after coming out from attending jummah

I have seen girls wearing hijabs not respecting it shall we say.

Although it is good to appear Muslim but u also have to have respect for it too. Sad to say that often it is the opposite to that. First impressions can be deceptive and in this day and age
                                Last edited by BeReal; 15-03-12, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X