Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: helping a sister in need!!

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
    erm, you can normally identify a niqaabi in the street when you know her...
    I don't even pay attention when people don't have anything on the face or the head, so with a niqab I wouldn't know who it is, identification passes through the face. It's not my opinion, or X's opinion. To recognize someone missing, or just check identity what do you show? A picture with the face

I know only one sister wearing the niqab I absolutely don't recognize her except when she takes it off in the prayer space. They're all the same to me
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

did you here of that software that recognises people from the way they move, gait etc?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
      (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

My cousin wears niqaabi I can recognize her a mile off. My sister in law and mother in law wear niqaab, I can recognize them a mile off. This nonsense about not being able to recognize people in niqaab is precisely that:nonsense.
        *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Well I guess im nonsensical for not having a "software" to recognize people who are not my cousins
          My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
          Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
            Well I guess im nonsensical for not having a "software" to recognize people who are not my cousins
            We could do a quick install. I must warn you there are license fees.
            banans in pajamas are coming down the stairs
            bananas in pajamas are coming down in pairs
            bananas in pajamas are chasing teddy bears

Comment

NONSENSE IT IS.

Just look at the animal world, thousands of penguins coming back to thier male partners and chicks, they all look the same but by Allah's Grace they all recognise each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                I don't even pay attention when people don't have anything on the face or the head, so with a niqab I wouldn't know who it is, identification passes through the face. It's not my opinion, or X's opinion. To recognize someone missing, or just check identity what do you show? A picture with the face

I know only one sister wearing the niqab I absolutely don't recognize her except when she takes it off in the prayer space. They're all the same to me
                I agree with Massilia, I cannot recognise people if they are wearing niqab.

Comment

Be a good idea to wear it just to not be recognized by some people looolll. Another advantage to niqaab
                  *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by flashnazia View Post
                    I can recognise some Sisters; the ones whom either wear their jilbaabs with their niqabs in a specific way or those whom I see everyday and recognise by the way they hold themselves/walk, etc. I can't recognise just anyone though, and this is a good thing IMO.
                    Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                    O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

The women in my family wear niqaab, you can recognize them. You know the scarf, you know if it's white or black, etc etc etc. Not to mention height and walk, not to mention that the person, if you know them, will recognize you and look at you. Thus, you will think, this person seems to recognize me and I know a sister with a niqab on, pay a little more attention, you will realize it's her. In the event you make a mistake (hard to do), I'm sure the niqab wearing sister will understand.

Originally posted by Soliloquy View Post
                      I can recognise some Sisters; the ones whom either wear their jilbaabs with their niqabs in a specific way or those whom I see everyday and recognise by the way they hold themselves/walk, etc. I can't recognise just anyone though, and this is a good thing IMO.
                      Yup, basic observation skills are all that is needed. Although in most countries, you can always just deduce which of the few women in niqab you know, they're usually not all identical.
                      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by flashnazia View Post
                        So, should they not wear it?

Originally posted by Londoner1 View Post
                        Just look at the animal world, thousands of penguins coming back to thier male partners and chicks, they all look the same but by Allah's Grace they all recognise each other.
                        Lol. I'm sure the Penguins think the same thing. One nose, two eyes, two arms, two legs, etc. Yet, they still come to their partners.
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                          So, should they not wear it?

Lol. I'm sure the Penguins think the same thing. One nose, two eyes, two arms, two legs, etc. Yet, they still come to their partners.
                          Please don't compare humans to penguins! :)

It's a bit like saying "monkeys can live in trees so humans can do it too"!

Comment

That was on a lighter note, of course.
                            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I sometimes struggle to recognize my wife, but its not a problem.

Comment

Keep the niqqab, subhanallah.

Comment

Working...
                                X