Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Entitlement Syndrome amongst women

Originally posted by zakariyya21 View Post
    and they arent few in number ppl with degrees are usually still paying off debts while ppl with trades own property
    My friends and I, didnt get ourselves in debt studying for our degree.

And those who did, ended up in good jobs so they only spent a few years paying it back.

I wouldnt generalise though and say that all people with degrees are paying off debt, just like I wouldnt say that all people with trades own property.
    https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
      Yep. Driving a black cab is not a low paid job.

And you're right, there are not many Muslims in the UK that drive the black cab, but many, many drive a regular cab.

The reason prob is cos, to be a black cab driver you have to sit the test (the knowledge test) which I heard can takes years to study.

I agree that we should see more Muslims drive the black cab - but they don't. Most seem settled just to drive the reg cab.
      The reason most muslims drive a normal cab is probably cos their happy to do that spending 4 years in the evening to do the knowledge aint that bad thats the problem with the muslims in the uk today a lot of them dont like to put the time into something, I work on buildings and rarely do you see a muslim with a trade
      on site how many brothers just sit at home rather than learn something. I'm not being funny but EDL have a point when they say Muslims dont contribute
      because a lot of the brothers do just literally sit at home and do nothing so many muslims with degrees but they dont work or when they do they work in tesco or pizza hut and waste themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
        Yep. Driving a black cab is not a low paid job.

And you're right, there are not many Muslims in the UK that drive the black cab, but many, many drive a regular cab.

The reason prob is cos, to be a black cab driver you have to sit the test (the knowledge test) which I heard can takes years to study.

I agree that we should see more Muslims drive the black cab - but they don't. Most seem settled just to drive the reg cab.
        what i'm basically saying here is to have a trade in my opinion is better than a degree because you can always work travel earn and decent wage.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimahc View Post
          I was not talking about my personal feelings about marrying out of your race, but I was just pointing out that it is ok to have secondary criteria and used race as an example. Some people here crticizing me for wanting a brother wirh a professional career and good salary and saying only deen and character count when they know some of them have their own secondary criteria. Let's be real here. People know those are NOT the ONLY things that they look at please. I am annoyed with the self-righteous attitude some people have.
          Right, and I pointed out that your Lesser Secondary Criteria can be made Irrelevant if what the hadith says happens ...

Stop talking from your nafs and arguing endlessly, and take the Advice of Rasulullah :saw: and the example of the Sahaba(ra) ...

if you don't then your asking for trouble.

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by zakariyya21 View Post
            The reason most muslims drive a normal cab is probably cos their happy to do that spending 4 years in the evening to do the knowledge aint that bad thats the problem with the muslims in the uk today a lot of them dont like to put the time into something, I work on buildings and rarely do you see a muslim with a trade
            on site how many brothers just sit at home rather than learn something. I'm not being funny but EDL have a point when they say Muslims dont contribute
            because a lot of the brothers do just literally sit at home and do nothing so many muslims with degrees but they dont work or when they do they work in tesco or pizza hut and waste themselves.
            These are the brothers I was talking abt. Not those with special skill. Plumber, trade..etc had to study and obtain certification. They truely are not much different from degree holder cuz they have A certification in something. They put effort in. That makes them a skill worker. Vs. those working in retail n resturant r not consider skill worker. Everyone is hung up on the word degree but it can mean many thing but ultimately it means having specific education beyond the basic

Comment

As I was flipping thru magazines during my lunch hour, I came across this article on Fortune 500 called: "Solo nation: American consumers stay single".

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/...rg-going-solo/
              It is from business POV but still touches up on how/why the shift is taking place. But since we are talking about jobs, economy, & money:

“Perhaps more important, singletons are fueling the economy. They spend more discretionary dollars than their married counterparts. Their average per capita annual expenditure was $34,471 in 2010, according to the federal Consumer Expenditure survey, compared with $28,017 for married individuals without kids and $23,179 per person in the highest-spending families with children.”
              I was thinking about this thread when I read it.
              Last edited by Kya; 06-02-12, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
                I see this thread as a symptom of the unfortunately transactional nature of many Islamic engagements and marriages. I've always been a romantic; I think you need time for romance to blossom and then there's a natural tendency to adjust to one another; but it's built on one key ingredient. That's just enjoying each other's company thoroughly. Romance and love should be fun - it IS fun. When this romance and love is there you never need to worry about 'fulfilling rights' - instead these things are fulfilled automatically, as instinct. No party thinks about entitlement particularly; there's that mutual desire to please each other.

Done the traditional way, necessarily the dating or introduction is transactional. "What can this person give me?" seems to over-ride "Do I like this person?". The second question is actually not to be dismissed; it's very important, and yet how do you know you like someone after meeting them a handful of times. That's the dilemma I suppose.
                Beautifully put, I created this thread because the fast majority of Muslim women I encounter view marriage through a 'transactional' lens, for most this is a completely unconscious process. Islamic marriage pretty much turned into a complete joke due to the complete degeneration of society as a whole, every week or so I encounter a poor brother who is working over time with crazy shift patterns saving up for a costly wedding that will benefit neither of them but which she and her degenerate family stipulated. As long as man like him exist whom are willing to break their back and limbs, so will the endless supply of entitlement ridden women who will demand such things.

All of the organic elements that you mentioned above are completely absent and almost irrelevant, its strictly business only.

Comment

Originally posted by ebony View Post
                  no-one just looks at deen and character when looking for a spouse, they look at everything before a decision is made - physical appearance, level of education, employment (if any), family background, known character of his/her family members, lineage, reputation in the community etc
                  exactly!!
                  Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
                  Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
                  [Al Quran 13:28]
                  ]

Comment

Working...
                  X