• Show
Clear All

• kronas
    replied
    Re: It is Passionate Love (ishk) or infatuation, not real love

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
    Either you're a newly wed, therefore it takes time

or communication is needed!
    Your right on the first point but communication I'm trying but I know it takes time for these things I'm hoping....

suppose my exposure to western society makes it easy for me than her......

Leave a comment:

• b3l13v3r
    replied

This is in contrast to the one whose objective is not met, for this failure results in removing the satiation that would strengthen the sickness and thereby the desire is weakened as is the love.
    deep

Leave a comment:

• Fairy
    replied

Originally posted by kronas View Post
    That's Nothing the real kicker is when you have a spouse who does not acknowlege or moves away from intimacy plus my previous post
    Either you're a newly wed, therefore it takes time

or communication is needed!

Leave a comment:

• kronas
    replied

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
    Oh wow, that sounds painful
    That's Nothing the real kicker is when you have a spouse who does not acknowlege or moves away from intimacy plus my previous post

Leave a comment:

• inprogress
    replied

Is there any Islamic basis for this idea that love outside of marriage is not real? I understand the idea of love building over time and growing with the trust and goodness done to one another in a marriage setting, but at the same time, couldn't we apply the concept of similar souls liking each other when they first meet to the opposite gender before marriage in a halal context? Yes, when a man and a woman meet and "like" each other it could be a lot of lust, excitement or physical attraction, but it could also be a sense of comfort, peace, and loving one another, could it not? I don't know about the Prophet sallahu alayhi wa sallam taking this harsh stance against people loving another.

Leave a comment:

• Hamnah
    replied

A lot of the times, outside of marriage, this feeling is just infatuation. I don't think there's anything more to it.. the love between husband and wife only exists in a marriage.

Leave a comment:

• Fairy
    replied

Originally posted by kronas View Post
    Wow recently I started to realise I got ishk for my spouse admittedly it does cause issues with us more generally because I'm mentally deranged anyway and I get hypo also when she faults I become annoyed but that's just love in my opinion it doesn't. Help when your long distance I suppose all I want to do is ishk because it's in me however ishk I don't think is a bad thing aslong as you don't suffocate your spouse who might find it strange or overbearing comes down. To self control......
    Oh wow, that sounds painful

Leave a comment:

• kronas
    replied

Wow recently I started to realise I got ishk for my spouse admittedly it does cause issues with us more generally because I'm mentally deranged anyway and I get hypo also when she faults I become annoyed but that's just love in my opinion it doesn't. Help when your long distance I suppose all I want to do is ishk because it's in me however ishk I don't think is a bad thing aslong as you don't suffocate your spouse who might find it strange or overbearing comes down. To self control......

Leave a comment:

• sis_niqabi
    replied

infatuation and love are two very different things. infatuation is generally driven by physically attraction rather than spiritual. a lot of people who are infatuated with a particular person generally dies down after some time or if they do get with the person and their personality is not what they like. infatuation can turn into a love but 8 out 10 times is doesn't.

love is spiritual or mental. you love the person because of who they are. you have gotten to know them. you respect them. want to spend your time with them. etc

i believe you can only passionately love someone who you have married and live with after some time. but i think passionate love can be danger dangerous in the sense that a person may become so obsessed with a person that if the other spouse were to leave them they would stalk them or even harm them. or some even commit suicide.

passionate love can sometime make someone blinded to serious faults their husband or wife may have.

i personally wouldn't want to passionately love my husband. it's not healthy.
    Last edited by sis_niqabi; 21-02-12, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SnoT NosE
    replied

Originally posted by ibnFalaax View Post
    So when I hear some youth saying here they love so-and-so and it's a relationship outside the bounds of marriage, then I can not say this is real love, but it's just infatuation or ishk. But real love is that which grows between husband and wife. But ishk is a disease of the heart like hasad that needs to be dealt with and cured.
    It's what I feel everytime I see a cladly dressed, fair skinned model on the cover of any magazine...

Leave a comment:

• SnoT NosE
    replied

Originally posted by Nadir_K21 View Post
    What does "love" even mean?
    Different things to different people....

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
    its a stronger word than love
    Yeah, more obsessive kind of love, right?

Leave a comment:

• -Tawheed-
    replied

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
    why do u want to know?
    because that word is silly, as every single person has a different interpretation on it.

Leave a comment:

• RaineR
    replied

Originally posted by Nadir_K21 View Post
    What does "love" even mean?
    why do u want to know?

Leave a comment:

• RaineR
    replied

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    Ishq is basically "love," or a more obsessive kind of love.

It can be used for a person (like spouse) or religiously, for Allah and Rasul Like, Ishq-e-Rasul (Love of/for Rasul).

That's what I know from my limited knowledge. =/
    its a stronger word than love

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X